Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question After applying the CinemachineBrain component, the sky box stops rendering

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by F1Soda, May 3, 2024.

1. F1Soda

F1Soda

When I add a new camera to the scene, the skybox is rendered, but when I add the CinemachineBrain component, it disappears immediately. On the scene the skybox is visible, in the Lightings/Envitonment/Skybox Material section the standard skybox is set. I solved the problem in a very strange way: I deleted all the cameras, then created a new one, started play mode and in the moment of the game assigned the component -- after that everything worked.
    But now I will not be able to show any screenshot with proof( When trying to repeat the bug, everything works correctly.

I have not found that someone also faced a similar bug, so I decided to write. Perhaps someone has an idea what this is related to?

Attached Files:

2. F1Soda

F1Soda

I found out that the problem was not with Cinemachine, but with the Clipping Planes/Near setting -- At values less than -50, the skybox gradually turns black. What is the reason for this behavior?

Clipping Planes/Near > -50 upload_2024-5-3_23-51-1.png

Clipping Planes/Near < -50
    upload_2024-5-3_23-51-36.png