Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Affinity for Unity Development

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by makaka-org, Nov 16, 2022.

1. makaka-org

makaka-org

Affinity 2.0 is here ⭐

I use Affinity since the 2019 year instead of Photoshop, and I am absolutely happy with it.
    Usually, I make covers, icons, and textures for Unity Assets, Games, and websites, but also I can edit my home photos.

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 13.04.03.png

I just bought the new 2.0 version of this Photoshop Alternative. This was not needed, because Affinity has no subscription, so I could use the previous version as long as possible, but new Affinity Photo provides new features (e.g., WebP export) and improvements, so I decided to invest some money in my workflow.

You can get Affinity here.

Here are my experience and previous posts about Affinity:

2. mgear

mgear

does 2.0 have these fixed / improved? (i did download the 2.0 trial, but haven't had time to test..)

- ctrl+n (new image), doesn't take image size from clipboard
    - no crop to selection
    - no trim image
    - cannot resize brush with mouse and ctrl key
    - no ctrl+t to resize/rotate selection/image (also no right click menu to do that)
    - make selection, copy paste ctrl+c, ctrl+v, cannot drag the new pasted image around
    - marquee selection, then copy paste, doesn't work
    - no info window, to show selection size

i bought the previous version, hoping to replace photoshop,
    but so many features are missing that it didn't work..: /

(and looking at their forums, many of those have been requested for years, but affinity is not interested)