Search Unity

Affiliate sales program for asset store? Or other unity products?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Maccyfin, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Maccyfin

Maccyfin

Hi all. I run a youtube channel which discusses Unity game development and unity plugins.

A lot of the users go on to purchase the plugins or downloads I recommend and I'd like to grow the channel further. I need an extra revenue source to justify doing this though.

Is there an affiliate program for the Unity Asset store, or are there any companies out there who have an affiliate program for unity plugins on your site? So for example, a user would click on a link in my youtube description which leads to your site, they would then purchase the plugin and I would make a percentage of the sale.

If so I can do videos focussed more around these plugins. It would generate more sales on your side, and more revenue on my side. Let me know what you think.

Here's a link to my youtube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilfz96WRTAI

All the best
    Martin

2. jerotas

jerotas

I don't think there's a way to track how the user got to the Asset Store page, but for people who also sell their packages on their own website something like this would be possible, which is your idea. Although I'm not sure how much code would need to be written to handle this. This is an interesting idea! I don't think there are any affiliate programs right now.

3. Skyfly

Skyfly

There are MANY ways. Affiliate marketing is one of the fundamental pillars of commercial internet. I'd like to see an affiliate system as well.

4. jerotas

jerotas

Well there we go. Let's get something working!

5. Skyfly

Skyfly

Unfortunately, it's not up to us... untity3d must pay commissions on affiliated sales. There's not much sense stemming the work it takes to build a sophisticated asset review platform with some nice database driven comfort functions - if you can't earn a dime on a sale. The assetstore is crap in regards or comfort, there are no advanced filtering methods, you only get the top entries for popular, price etc, can't define price ranges, timeranges etc. You can't filter for reduced prices etc etc. I would like to build that review platform. And I could. It just doesn't make sense to put alot of my time, work and money into a dead horse - an unaffiliated marketplace.