Search Unity

Aeos Rift - Multiplayer Space Game - Play with us Tonight! (April 2nd at 11pm)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by carmine, Apr 2, 2012.

1. carmine

carmine

Hello All,
    A bunch of months ago I met a couple of guys on reddit in the gamedev forum. I was dabbling with Unity at the time and posting some screenshots of stuff I was working on. I've built a game with people I haven't even met! We're really proud of our little baby.

It's not complete yet, but I'd love feedback from the Unity Community. I've tried to start games in the past but I always stopped... I'm really inspired this time!

$AeosRiftScreenShot.jpg

Please join us tonight (Monday April 2nd at 11pm EST)

Play here: www.red7games.com

...you can play now if you want to too :)

-Carmine

2. richardh

richardh

This really looks professional. Music is great and the GUI is clear, clean and high quality. Models and graphics are also great. I played only for a bit because there was no-one else playing but I really liked it. I would rather have a 'cock-pit' view than the little space ship though.

Was this Unity free?
    what about the network?

Very well done. Congratulations.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  3. carmine

carmine

Thanks for your kind words, I'll pass them onto the other guys. Yeah, we did this with Unity Free. For Networking I'm using Photon Network www.exitgamescloud.com

4. khan-amil

khan-amil

Impressive stuff !!

I liked the controls even if the ship seems a little heavy and slow to manipulate.
    The background sound is nice, but the laser one is cheap ^^;
    The rocket seems to act strangely, but it's certainly in progress as well.

Keep up the good work !

5. TehWut

TehWut

Awesome!! The art is very high quality and looks great!
    I didn't play the game very much, just floated around for awhile, and the ship does seem a little heavy but it is still smooth.
    I also experienced some random jittering, but that's probably cause of my s__ computer ;)

6. vivalarosa

vivalarosa

Hey Carmine,

I played the game and loved it. Do you have any plans of where the game is headed in the future?

7. mskalandunas

mskalandunas

Hey Carmine!! I'll be on tonight to play around a little. :D

8. Collgrin

Collgrin

this is alot of fun! ima play till the time and prolly tommorow

9. DayyanSisson

DayyanSisson

It's really great. Are the missiles lock on? If I held my crosshair over an enemy, it would look like it locked on, but the missile didn't actually lock on. Other than that, I really liked it. Great work!

10. carmine

carmine

Thanks everyone for your comments! We need to tweak some of the controls and aiming, missiles and there are a bunch of bugs to squash. I started to add in XBox360 Joystick controls... (try it out!)

We're hoping to wrap this up in the next month and then start designing the next one.

11. MoonQuake

MoonQuake

Played it quite a bit and I like the visuals and gameplay. If only it was faster paced, especially the aiming/turning controls. (Played on KB+mouse.)
    If you played any Starfox games, you'd know what I'm talking about.

MQ