Search Unity

Advice for someone with Dyslexia

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by mattKsp, Apr 12, 2020.

1. mattKsp

mattKsp

I have been 3d modelling for years, used Unity for 3 or 4 and been learning C# for a couple of years. I would really like to get some credentials to prove that I can use Unity and switch jobs. Unfortunately I have Dyslexia. This does not normally affect me as I remember things visually and can looks things up. If I do a something I know it works, have had it checked by others and produced it on time. But having read the criteria for your tests I am pretty sure I will fail. A tester could look over my shoulder and watch me demonstrate the import workflow from 3d modeler to unity to prefab, but if you asked me to describe the process in an abstract way I would probably put my pen down and start waving my hands in the air whilst mumbling "you go up to the top to that menu... Err.. That one... Umm.. Yeah... Anyway.. Halfway down the menu.." etc. You get the idea. Sorry for the long post, but how could I ever pass your tests? Any advice?

jjrice2233 likes this.
  2. subu_unity

subu_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello @mattKsp - In this type of situation, we would offer extra time to help the candidate. We could add 30 minutes extra time to accommodate your needs. Wondering if this will help you.

Thanks
    Subu

jjrice2233 and natfoot like this.
  3. natfoot

natfoot

@mattKsp Thanks for asking this question as I was also thinking the same thing after looking at the create with code instruction from Unity Learn.

jjrice2233 likes this.