Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Advertisement.IsReady("rewardedVideoZone") is always false

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Rostam24, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rostam24

Rostam24

I figured this deserved its own thread. I can't get rewarded ads to work, even though simple (not rewarded) ads do work properly.

For some reason, Advertisement.IsReady("rewardedVideoZone") is always false. I've tested this both on my phone and editor, and with both test mode on and off. I've waited for 2 minutes after initialisation, figuring that 2 minutes should be enough time to cache a video ad.

I'm using the newest Patch release (5.3.1p4), and this is the first time I'm using unity ads. I'm trying it in a game that will be released later this week (in case it not being in the App store has anything to do with it).

I'm using the example code, so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong... Is this a bug? If so, does it require a new version of Unity or could the web API somehow solve the problem as well?

Thank you, I'm really excited about using this feature! :)

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Rostam24 likes this.
  3. Rostam24

Rostam24

Awesome, that solved it! Thank you very much :)
    And thank you for the rewardedVideo option: I feel a lot less dirty now that players can choose whether or not they will see an ad!

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Good. Out of curiosity, where did you get the Advertisement.IsReady("rewardedVideoZone") code sample from? The Services window in editor? (which we're fixing now, just need to know if we have missed other places)

-Rasmus

5. Rostam24

Rostam24

Yes I found it in the services window. I also did a google search for "rewardedVideoZone" and found code samples in forums - but of course you won't be able to change that.

6. cbabos

cbabos

Hey there, the services window still contains the `rewardedVideoZone` zone. Version: 5.3.4f1

7. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Thanks for the heads up. The fix is still incoming. Always be sure to check the "Integration ID" column for each platform under you project in the dashboard before setting your ad placement zone ID. The default IDs can be different depending on which dashboard you created your game under.
    Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 11.05.33 AM.png

rasmus-unity likes this.
  8. Ikaro88

Ikaro88

9. breban1

breban1

IsReady() is almost always FALSE for me too. I hope more people respond to this, because it's a big problem.

EDIT: They came back for me, I don't think with any changes. It seems inconsistent, but at least it's working right now. I will report back if they stop showing again.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  10. CSGamesDev

CSGamesDev

Im still having this issue.
    IsReady is always false on device (ios). I checked that the id is consistent inbetween the ads portal and my code. Both are "rewardedVideo" , did you guys do anything special to solve this?

11. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

@CSGamesDev, never worked or suddenly stopped working?

/Rasmus

12. jbassking

jbassking

I'm having the same issue with Advertisement.IsReady() always being false on iOS. In the editor I get the default screen that says "This screen would be your ads".
    I've double checked the game id and both the game id in the editor and the dashboard match.

13. QiuZongQiao

QiuZongQiao

IsReady() is almost always FALSE for me too.
    i am using Unity 5.3.6

14. gfs

gfs

hello , unityADS work on some android devices, and others never worked .Some simulators also work,and others never work,unityADS is supported on all device ( if(Advertisement.isSupported) return true),but Advertisement.IsReady() always return false on some device.
    the follow website is simulator company
    http://mumu.163.com/fabcg/
    https://guanjia.qq.com/product/gameassitant/
    it's also does not work on some android phone like( https://www.mi.com/index.html?client_id=180100041086&masid=17489.0001)

15. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

@gfs, please run "adb logcat -v time UnityAds:V *:S" from command line to get logs for Android device. This should tell you why there is no fill for your game.

Let me know if this helps.

/Rasmus

ErayT likes this.
  16. Andragorn

Andragorn

Same goes for me....when trying to run the rewardedVideo ad on iOS, isReady() is ALLWAYS false, and no ads are showing at all.
    I need solution for this ASAP!

17. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Please check devicelog in Xcode, to see if any errors are returned from server.

/Rasmus

18. eladleb4

eladleb4

@rasmus-unity I'm also getting isReady always false on the iOS device. This used to work fine until I've updated to 2018.1, perhaps you guys changed something in Unity Ads?

19. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Unfortunately there is a problem with the engine integrated version of Ads SDK in 2018.1, we have a fix coming real soon. For now, you should use asset store package instead, then you also get the latest version of Ads SDK.

Apologize for this, unfortunately there were changes in the new Package Manager feature which broke Ads SDK package, and we couldn't fix before release. I'll make a post about this now.

Thanks for reporting.

Best regards,
    Rasmus

20. eladleb4

eladleb4

Thanks for the update @rasmus-unity, I'll switch to the asset store version.

A quick note to recap: The integrated ads SDK on 2018.1 looks good on the editor and on Android devices but doesn't work on actual iOS devices.

21. MagicTimeStudio

MagicTimeStudio

Is it working in 2018.2 BETA?

22. DBarlok

DBarlok

Helo. It seems i see MAYBE that's why i don't see a Reward Ad IsReady? I'll try using the Asset Store Version and see if i can get an IsReady. Im trying since 3 hours.

23. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes, I have the same issue with IOS and the built in advertising extension. Furthermore, if you try to use the asset store UnityAds, then you get a build error with a conflict of definitions of Advertising and ShowResults, etc. I had to switch to the built in extension in Unity 2018 to avoid that error. Now that error is gone, works on Android, but not working on IOS. Need fast solution, this bug is blocking my title release.

24. eladleb4

eladleb4

You can make it work by disabling the built-in ads sdk (turn off the unity ads tab in the unity editor -> Services tab).

25. mihirTheCoder

mihirTheCoder

you put an exclamation mark at the beginning, so
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Advertisement.IsReady()
    should return true (because ! means not)

26. mihirTheCoder

mihirTheCoder

i still have a problem tho..
    Ever since I got the "Missing project ID" error, It wouldn't work.

27. mihirTheCoder

mihirTheCoder

Anyone online?

28. unity_l3Ac7R_V3zAEkQ

unity_l3Ac7R_V3zAEkQ

i am also having Same issue . Advertisment.IsReady() Always false. please help me

29. tumayvarel

tumayvarel

Same issue is here. In Unity 2018.3.6, cannot make Monetization.IsReady true. It is always false. I could not come up with a solution.

30. jamesk5

jamesk5

Hey @rasmus-unity was this fixed in the package manager version? Seems this issue is happening again only recently. isRead() is always false for me. I'm using "rewardedVideo" in both the dashboard and in code.

31. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

In that case, you probably need to check the device log to see why you are not getting any ads. On Android you should be able to use
    Code (CSharp):
    1. adb logcat -v time UnityAds:V UnityAdsTest:V *:S
    to show Unity Ads related log messages

/Rasmus

32. jamesk5

jamesk5

Thanks, but before I had the chance to try that the ads started working. Same build as when they were broken. In fact, the android build was the same the whole time (ads working, ads broken, then ads working again). I'm guessing there was some hiccups on the Unity server end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.