Search Unity

Advertisement.Initialize() error when no internet

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by kkl888, Feb 6, 2020.

1. kkl888

kkl888

I encountered this error when trying to call Advertisement.Initialize() when no internet is available during app starts as following: Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 12.06.58 PM.png

When calling again Advertisement.Initialize() when internet is available back again, it does not fire OnUnityAdsReady. Both Advertisement.IsReady and Advertisement.isInitialized always return false. How do we cater this situation?

I'm using Advertisement 3.4.2. It works all fine when internet is always available

2. vinimaykaul

vinimaykaul

I am facing the same problem. it works perfectly fine when there is internet. When i switch off the internet, it gives this error. My game stops, nothing is loaded. the game is at halt. Were you able to find a solution to this? it would be nice to know how you solved it.

The OnInitializationFailed method is called and Debug.Log statement in that function works, but nothing else. Not even UI changes happen.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Show the code that you are using and the version of the ads package. Your game should be able to continue if you are properly receiving OnInitializationFailed. Are you handling the case when there is no Internet, if so? Please show your conditional logic