Search Unity

Advertisement in game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whynotme, Apr 3, 2014.

1. whynotme

whynotme

Hi everyone,

The Flappy bird's success brings it's author 50K$ a day, while the game is free, from 50M download. AFAIK, all the money is from advertisement, I don't have any idea how it works, so I want to ask:

1/ What is the model bringing him that money? I.e advertisement money is payed per download or per click,.. etc...

2/ How is advertisement displayed? E.g does advertisement pops up in the middle of the game or what else?

3/ How advertisement money is calculated? E.g a cent for a download or a cent if banner is clicked,.. etc

4/ How does mobile advertisement compare to other platform like web game (e.g flash game)?

5/ Isn't it people are willing to pay more for mobile advertisement than other platform, e.g web platform?

Regards

2. goat

goat

Best why to answer that question is to download and play Floppy Birds and see the advertising solutions he uses. Then you can visit those advertising businesses and see what they pay and calculate how many people were actually playing that game daily.

It'd have to be in the hundreds of thousands and he must have been paid simply because an ad was shown in the game and not because of 'click-though'. If the main basis for that app's earnings was 'click-through' then something funny was going an and the 'click-through' was programmed into the app. Maybe that's why it was withdrawn from the market for a while.