Search Unity

Adventurer's Life (Work in progress)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Kirbyrawr, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Adventurer's Life

Description:
    The game tells you a story about how a town was abandoned, your journey starts when you get to know how this happened.
    In the game you will be able to fix the town and make it good again.

Platforms:
    Windows at the moment.

Screenshots:
    1.png

This game means a lot for me, even if it's not done yet or if some things are bad or buggy i continue with it because is my passion.

You can always leave me a comment, constructive, positive, negative, as you wish!

Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. shay4545

shay4545

Are you going to think about adding some type of blocks or objects and make it a building type game? You could add some enemies and weapons and make it a survival type game too. Looks great so far! Looking forward to seeing where it goes from here :)

3. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Yeah my main idea is do like you said add some enemies or monsters in dungeons and things like that, but no haha i don't want to do another survival, however i can add some survival things to the gameplay :)!
    And yeah the building thing is planned, but at the moment i didn't choose the way to go, prefabs, tiles, etc...

Thanks!!

4. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Some updates here, the weather script is finished and it works really well, i'm now doing the efects for the differents type of weathers, i will post some gifs when i finish them :)

5. dovahkiin009087

dovahkiin009087

can we have the script you used for the weather, I need a script for weather

6. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi sir, i'm sorry, but i can't give it, also it may not fit your use in your game.

7. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Well this Saturday was so productive i did a lot of cool things and refactorized some code.
    Here i will show you some of the work of this day.

-Day Cycle (Did new editor and now you can preview it without play it, still WIP):

-Weather (Did some particle effects and refactorized the code and the editor, still WIP):
    -Rain:
    Rain.gif
    -Storm:
    Storm.gif

-Snow:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  8. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Today i prepared the base for the inventory system, for now i have this cool thing for get the properties of a item:
    Item.gif

Also i improved the shader of the particles, so now it will have the ambient color, for example if it's night the particles won't be white anymore, graphical example:
    New Particles.png

Cheers!.

PD: I fixed the other day gifs!.

9. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

So this weekend i did some progress, i started making the inventory, now you can take items and put them in your inventory, also i did some inventory interface, fixed a couple of bugs and some things i can't remember at the moment.

Inventory: Inventory.png
    The name, descriptions and quality are just placeholder i still need to put the rarity of the item and do a cool design for it, however i'm happy with the results at the moment :)!

It's going really well!

10. shay4545

shay4545

Looks great! Hope you keep working on it, I would like to see the finished product :)

Kirbyrawr likes this.
  11. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there, yes i'm still working on it doing improvements and fixes behind the scenes, it's going great at the moment :D!!

Thanks for the support!

Edit: I will post some updates soon! ^w^

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  12. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there, long time since i didn't post new content here but i have good news i have been working on cool features for the game:

I added clouds and i redo the sky system, now it's using a sphere instead of skybox, but it will have the behaviour of a skybox, i still need to improve / redo the sky cycle but it's good for now:
    Clouds.png
    Also i was working on the inventory and it features new things like organization tabs, search bar and scroll fields for description or items, all you can see is a placeholder, not final design or layout, it's still wip but i think it's getting better.
    It also features auto adjust for every kind of device screen so it will take more or less space:

Inventory.png

Oh i almost forgot, but know when you touch an item it will put the description, icon and name on the right window.

I also have been fixing and improving some things like performance or movement of the character.

I want to hear some feedback please! ^^

13. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there so i'm still doing this game and here is a new screenshot of the game.

1.png

The game is still without a lot of graphics since i'm doing it alone and i'm not a really good artist but i hope to improve them some day.
    I added new screenshots to the main post.

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  14. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Dev Blog 1

Quick explanation:

Hi everyone again, the game is still in development, and we will update this post frequently with updates.

I had the luck of finding a kind and hardworking person that is now making the game with me. He's an artist but he is also helping me with the design of the game in general, if not for him I would have lost my motivation long ago!

Changelog:
    • Ditched mobile development, we want to focus on PC first and potentially other platforms.
    • Improved camera, you can now rotate the camera in vertical and zoom in and out. Basically a third-person camera.
    • Improved inventory system with modules and a better serialization (This will allow us to do some cool items easily).
    • Added player model with animations (Still a work in progress).
    • Added Brog enemy model. (This one is my favorite)
    • Added chest model.
    • Added corn model.
    • Added eggplant model.
    • Added tomato model.
    • Added wooden stool model.
    • Added copper blade.
    • Added work in progress slime enemy model.
    • Added corn stalk.
    • Added some rocks models.
    • Added new shader for the models (This is a huge change for us in terms of the style of graphics)
    • Added new hud for desktop.
    • Added simple minimap.
    • Improved movement of the player. (This is art person here. I am working on new animations as well.)
    • Improved sky system.
    • Improved calendar system.
    • Enabled shadows.
    • Refactored code and cleaned bugs.
    • A ton of smaller things.

Screenshots
    1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

6.png

Now that we have a clear image of the game, we are starting to make good progress.
    We have many things planned but for now we are working on the core features of the game and will expand on them at a later time.

Keep track of this forum for future updates!

Cheers!
    KirbyRawr

Editor and Art person:
    Hello everyone! I thought I would go ahead and throw something into this document as well! I am working on this project for fun and to learn. Currently I am having to teach myself things I have never done or haven’t done in a long time so this is really good for me! I hope that you will bear with us in our endeavour.

I am currently working on the art assets as well as animations. I am also helping with the overall design of the game.

The poster of this write up is a fantastic coder and is doing the interface as well! I hope you will bear with us as we make this journey into making a game. We will try to keep you all updated as we work.

Thank you for reading.
    EW

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  15. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there, i returned to take this project again, i left it because of personal matters, and in that time my friend went to do other things and personal projects, so here i am again.

I'm now in the process of making art, i'm not a really good art person but since i need to do this (because i love this project) i said, let's learn!.

So here's a couple of screenshots of the art i'm doing, (Don't expect fancy graphics!, haha).

In order, Apple, Hammer, Axe, Hoe and Watering Can (Still to be texturized)

upload_2017-5-24_22-3-0.png

upload_2017-5-24_22-2-29.png

upload_2017-5-24_22-3-38.png

I will try to keep more this up, since i'm working it's a bit difficult task to do but it's my passion.

16. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Over these days, i also worked on the gameplay.

I added a dialog system, it's still a bit primitive but it works for now.

Dialog System:
    upload_2017-5-24_22-8-6.png

And i also revamped the inventory screen and added more features.

I added tooltips:
    upload_2017-5-24_22-10-3.png

And also dynamic options for the items:
    upload_2017-5-24_22-11-3.png

I also worked on the core of the game and improved the item editor and the system of the items:

Here's a screenshot of the item editor, it's a modular system so it let me add everything i wish. (Ah, i hope..)
    upload_2017-5-24_22-12-19.png

Cheers, and keep updated!

RavenOfCode likes this.
  17. virror

virror

Nice to see you are still deving around : D
    Looking good : )

Kirbyrawr likes this.
  18. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hey Virror, glad to see you again!, i left a bit the development in general because i got a job so that's why you don't see me around here, i will try to be more active :)

19. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there, it took me so many time to post again, but i have done a lot of progress.

First of all, i polished and bugfixed a lot of things related to the inventory and the item editor, also i added the ability to add controllers to the items as you can see in the next photo:
    upload_2017-6-19_23-10-43.png

I also implemented (Still work in progress) farming, it's really basic at the moment but it's working, excuse my poor graphics :(

Using the hoe:
    Using the hoe.gif

Using the Watering Can:
    Using the watering can.gif

Using the seeds:
    Using the seeds.gif

There is still a lot to do, however i'm happy with the path this game is taking.

And for clarify, the tools are right now instancing under the player since i need to change the model of the player i'm not using the bones yet.
    Also there is a talk label on the bottom right, it's just for debug.

Cheers!

20. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

DEV BLOG Thursday - 22/06/2017

Hi there, over this week i focused on improve the farming part.

I added farming areas, they work as limits for where you can or cannot farm. (It makes no sense to plant on a pavement road, in my opinion, haha).
    I also bugfixed and improved the logic of the different tools of farming (Hoe, Watering Can, Seeds...)

I'm still thinking how to do the logic of the water in the farming, maybe i need to ask to my grandpas and they can give me some hints.

The initial story of the game is almost finished, maybe i need to polish a bit of things however, i will keep it as secret, at least for now :)

No screenshots this Dev Blog, sorry about that!

Please, don't hesitate to write in this post with your thoughts or opinions about the game, i will enjoy every one of them even if they are bad.

Cheers.

21. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there one more time, so many time passed by but i'm still working on this game (I won't stop as soon as i can do it).

Over this time so many things were implemented in the game, i'm goin to put a changelog of what i remember.

-Added new day and night cycle.
    -Created initial terrain.
    -Created new shader for terrain with distance blending and alpha support.
    -Added ability for enter in caves or other places inside the terrain.
    -Fixed minimap.
    -Added collision for the camera to prevent going through things.
    -Added fade when the camera is near the player.
    -Added new lighting.
    -Fixed item editor things.
    -Fixed more bugs.
    -Now the tools that need to work in the farming area doesn't show the tile box when they are equipped outside this farming area.
    -Added trigger areas system.

Here are some screenshot of the work in progress!
    upload_2017-8-27_13-45-7.png

upload_2017-8-27_13-48-5.png

As you can see it's taking more and more shape over the time, i hope one day i can finish this.

Also i need to say that i got a friend of mine that's giving me some hints and feedback and he's prototyping houses for the town.

Cheers!

22. virror

virror

Nice progress : )

Kirbyrawr likes this.
  23. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Changelog 13/09/2017
    -New Terrain added (4 KM)
    -Improved movement
    -Added Run ability.
    -Tweaked speed of the character.
    -Added Global Fog.
    -Added grass to the terrain.

Screenshots:
    1.png

24. jtok4j

jtok4j

Don't forget to make a plan, break it into small chunks, and smaller tasks, then you can track how far to the finish line. Good Luck!

Kirbyrawr likes this.
  25. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there, i really needed this kind of comment, it motivates me to go forward since i was struggling a bit these days.
    I have a board of Trello with a lot of task but i had a hard time trying to accomplish them, i will take your advice and break them more, thank you.

26. virror

virror

Also dont put all the tasks on the same board. Make several boards as different milestones, that helps me a lot since it makes stuff seem less overwhelming. And it gives an extra moral boost everytime you finish a milestone since it feels like a bigger accomplishment that just finishing a single task.

Kirbyrawr likes this.
  27. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

I will follow your advice, thanks Virror!

28. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Changelog 02/10/2017
    -Added Door System.
    -Improved a bit the interface in general.
    -Added visible slots to the inventory.
    -Fixed issues related to the interaction system.
    -Fixed tooltip not updating properly the content.
    -Prevent airborne speed.
    -Added currency to the player.
    -Added more elements to the interface of the inventory.
    -Added loot interface.

Screenshots:
    upload_2017-10-2_22-2-50.png

29. X1NK3R

X1NK3R

Where are the next updates?
    Also, btw, you should think about making the terrain procedurally generated. It gives a game immense amounts of replayability. You could make it so that a few locations are set in stone(made by you) and other generated. Good luck!