Search Unity

Adventure Game Inventory System

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by andrewc, Jun 17, 2010.

1. andrewc

andrewc

Hello all,

Some of you may have seen our first demo for our adventure game here or on our website . We have made progress with the environments and are now working on an inventory system. It is very rough right now but we would really benefit from some player feed back:

Mac Version

PC Version

Windows Users: Zipping on a mac seems to create some garbage. Unzip, open folder inventorytestpc, extract all and open inventorytestpc folder.

To pick up an item, simply click on it. To open your bag and see what you have, press space bar. When your bag is open you can click and drag objects but the physics are pretty buggy right now.

To close your bag, hit space bar again. The sound and objects aren't great yet but we like the mechanics and would love to know what you think. There is a lot of fine tuning issues that can be brought up, but the most helpful criticism would be what you think of the game mechanics.

Thanks

Andrew

P.S. We're not posting a web build yet because we are having problems with the lock cursor.

Attached Files:

2. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

hello
    i tryed the windows one and i got an error
    ==
    There should be 'InventoryTestWindows_Data'
    folder next to the executable
    ==

3. andrewc

andrewc

When you un-zip there should be an Inventorytestpc folder. Open that folder and there should be an icon that says inventory test. Open that and extract all. Than you should see 2 folders, macosx and inventory test. OPen inventory test and the executable is in there. I'l try and compress it in a way that doesn't create all this garbage.

4. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

i greated a folder with the that name and put everything in it
    exelent work :eek:
    i love your inventory system

PS : if you can sell the script let me know :)

5. Ipadmaster8

Ipadmaster8

Just tried it on my mac. Works great but the objects lighting up doesn't seem to work with the exact center of the screen sometimes. Looks cool though.

6. andrewc

andrewc

mrbdrm, the scripts are pretty simple. Its just a matter of setting the scene up. If there is a particular aspect you want to know about, let me know and I can help you out.

Andrew

7. MikeW

MikeW

This is pretty neat. Like the bag.