Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Adventure Creator - Make 3D adventure games (DEMO, VIDEO, WEBSITE)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ChrisIceBox, Oct 9, 2013.

1. seriousGeorge

seriousGeorge

Sounds good :) Could you just give a hint where I have to do that (I'm all new to Unity)

2. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

When I played it they didn't look like they had clean Alphas. Squared, I thought they had no background before.

Any ETA on the 2d Tut? Cause I know I need it. :)

3. Le_Foosh

Le_Foosh

Really grateful for the 2D update, its made a huge difference as I want to work solely in 2 dimensions!

REQUEST for the tutorials:

1. How to set up a navmesh for 2D
    2. How to work the paralax / render order as I am struggling a little on that.

Have torn the tutorial apart, its got a lot in there that's really helpful - thanks Chris!

Kris

4. ScarfCookies

ScarfCookies

Hey Chris,

loving Adventure creator. I was wondering if it's possible to pause a cutscene and not by using a pause action. or would i have to write in some sort of pause feature in all actions?

EDIT: nevermind we found out how to pause. this is a great tool.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  5. God-at-play

God-at-play

EDIT:
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a best-practice approach to changing the first-person looking from regular mouse movement to click-and-drag? Is it better to extend from the existing scripts or just replace them?

I think I've gotten my movement working as intended otherwise now.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  6. StormlordGames

StormlordGames

I have a request (or a workaround):

Any chance to get some fade controls on the object visibility and object send message actions?
    It would be nice to be able to fade objects on rather then having them simply 'pop' on.

Assets/Objects fading in and out as well as lights dimming out and gradually coming on is the desired effect.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  7. God-at-play

God-at-play

If you're not comfortable writing code to create a tween, I'd suggest something like PlayMaker to trigger the fading, possibly with a tween engine like LeanTween or HOTween.

8. adventurefan

adventurefan

Hi there. Loving this purchase so far. The functionality is pretty impressive to say the least.

I got through the 3D tutorials, added some more stuff like scene switching and a functional journal. It's pretty cool to already have all that running, and a built in save/load system and so on.

One question:

But now I've hit on something with the journal I added that I don't know what to do with. I just want a dead simple text to appear on screen when you've added a journal page that notifies you have a new journal entry.

I tried to get away with using dialogue system with no character as the speaker, but the trouble with that is the look isn't really right doing that. I want to format the "You've got a new journal entry" text differently than anything else so that it looks more like an alert type thing.

So how would I go about with adding a text message that doesn't use the subtitle settings? I did see something in the manual about coding achievement alerts but I don't really understand the coding aspect of unity (at this point, I've been studying 3D, game art, and a whole host of things for months so sorry if my brain feels full right now) Thanks for any tips on adding this custom alert message type stuff.

EDIT: Solved it for myself. I found I was able to do what I wanted using a menu label:normal, and turning it on using the interaction to start the text alert label, then fading it out with a cutscene (using cutscene's delay while running in background event to determine how long it appears onscreen) Maybe that's a weird way but got what I wanted.

And a feature request:

And as a feature request to Chris I wonder if it would be possible to get some formatting language for the text we can use within a line, to add color change,bold,italic to any characters. Like typical text styling stuff. I don't know if I'll even do VO for this project so easily using the text in different formatting ways could be great way to add some variety, for me at least. Thanks for the sweet game creation tool.

9. God-at-play

God-at-play

I'm creating a first person player following the documentation and I've run into some issues and a source of confusion.

First, the scene seems to require a MainCamera, which has its own component, tag, and culling list. But the documentation says to add a camera for the first person player as well. It says to use the built-in Unity menu to do this, instead of creating a GameCamera and using that. Is that the correct way to do it? Furthermore, there's no indication of whether or not I should use the same culling settings as the MainCamera. And when I follow the docs creating a camera for the player and then still have my MainCamera, I then have two cameras rendering and enabled, with MainCamera following the rotation of the player one. But that doesn't seem right, should I disable one of them or something? I would just want 1 camera enabled, otherwise I'm rendering my scene twice.

Second, my first person player is a disembodied capsule that just moves around. I then add a Rigidbody, Player, and Paths component. However the Player component seems to require a bunch of animations. Shouldn't that not be required for a first person setup? I don't need any animations for this character (don't need an Animation component either). Is there a setting I'm missing to not require this?

Third, I notice the screen fading in at start, but I don't have that set anywhere. The PlayerStart has it unchecked. Not sure how to disable that.

Thanks for your help so far btw, I really appreciate it. :)

10. Wesley-Sales

Wesley-Sales

Surprising to see that for forgetting to change a setting in one of the managers, you discover that the 2d with the 3d works almost beautifully, including lip-synch, and rotation of the character, needing only a few tweaks, this pack is coming to be perfect, thanks for the work put into it Chris!

$brain-2d-3d.png

11. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

I would be interested in More NFO on how to do this because my current project has a Mini Game in it.

12. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Thats Pretty Awesome! :) Which setting was it you forgot? I would like to play with it..

13. Licarell

Licarell

Chris thank you so much for the hard work... It was that and your interaction on the forums that brought me to the point of sale.

I've been pouring over your manual and this thread and working out my game I'm still in the design stage and generally working out game mechanics and story flow. I'm glad I came across this great plugin, I'm a huge fan of the point and clicks and loved all the Sierra games and AC will totally fit the bill!

Several threads back a poster asked about dialogue trees and if you had any desire to add them to AC... you seemed interested in the idea but wanted to have some examples of dialogue trees and programs that create them.

I had posted a couple links to some programs that I had come across that are very intuitive and doesn't require a Phd in astrophysics to figure out. They are Chat Mapper and Artsy Draft.

I'm sure your in up to your eyebrows programing additions and squashing bugs, so my thinking is that maybe instead of reinventing the wheel maybe you could design a way to import xml's into the dialogue system or even AC for that matter, that way individuals can flesh out the game interaction, scripts, object interaction, inventory, game flow and finally dialogue choices and trees and branched before laying one thing down in Unity/AC...

Both of the aforementioned programs exports an xml with everything that I mentioned as well. I'm a video editor/3d animator by trade and if I understand correctly you've been in, "the biz" as well and understand how important it is to get your story straight before you shoot one frame, pull one vert or write one line of code...

Whew! I have driven this into the ground... so I part just say'n give it a thought...

Kent

P.S. Again great job! I'll be waring this plugin out!!!

14. WizardGameDev

WizardGameDev

Trying to work through the tutorial using my own simple graphic assets. Whenever I apply the 'ignore raycast' layer to my objects they all disappear. I can select them in the hierarchy but visually in the scene they are gone. Is there a setting i'm missing?

UPDATE -- It seems the game functions fine even though I sometimes don't see items I drag in the screen once I put them on the ignore raycast layer.

One item that tripped me up but I worked through were.

- Creating a Nav Mesh using the navigation tool. I think if there were a small video where you don't use the existing nav mesh but create one from scratch... that could help people a lot. Unity's documentation isn't very good in this area as it is.

I want to also add that I've had no issues so far working with NGui within the adventure creator framework.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  15. Wesley-Sales

Wesley-Sales

Simply changing the prefab Player back to the Tin Pot when I moved to the scene of the 3d demo again. So still was the field of the Player prefab Brain2D and it worked :D

Sorry, my english is not very good.

16. seriousGeorge

seriousGeorge

Thank you very much for the new 2D tutorial. Just great and well explained!
    I struggle however a bit when trying to understand how to edit the playeranimations, assigning them etc. as I can't find an animator and/or controller. Also... is it possible to have the player sprite set up without diagonal movement (guess just adding down/up for that cases?)

Will there be also a tutorial for adding/creating 2D Sprites with the new dopesheets?

17. ChrisIceBox

ChrisIceBox

New tutorial! Creating a 2D scene:

God at play is correct in suggesting PlayMaker - the latest update makes it easy to call PlayMaker events from within AC Cutscenes and Interactions, and with PM you can have finer control over such things than AC does just on it's own.

I'm not sure if Unity actually allows for this, so I doubt this is possible. I will look into it, however.

AC always requires at least two cameras, one of which is always a MainCamera. Only the MainCamera is ever enabled during gameplay - any others (including the First-Person Camera) are merely used as reference for the MainCamera's position, FOV, etc. Open up the Demo Character prefab, Tin Pot, to see how the First Person Camera should be attached to your Player.

If you're just using an invisible capsule, you can leave the animation fields blank. They're there in case you want to have visible feet or something.

OK, will investigate.

Thank you collectively for your suggestions and feature requests!

I think this is explained in more detail in the manual's final chapter, but it's in the StateHandler script, which is attached to the PersistentEngine GameObject (this is instantiated at runtime from Assets/Adventure Creator/Resources).

The variable gameState is the one you want. Setting it to GameState.Cutscene should effectively turn AC off. Set it to GameState.Normal to turn it back on.

I can't seem to find anything on Artsy Draft, but I see what you mean with Chat Mapper. I'm afraid I don't quite see the advantage in having such an XML import - especially for non-Dialogue systems like Inventory. The Action system doesn't need anything more than "programmer art" to work with, so it's easy to rapid-prototype without putting any serious work in. There's also the added danger of causing a conflict with the current system, which could jeopardize the work people who have started development have already done. Still, I do appreciate the detailed suggestion, and am glad to get the input of a fellow animator (story before anything else is my Rule One!)

Have a look at the latest tutorial video (above), which covers creating a NavMesh using Unity's Navigation system.

Very glad to hear it, thanks!

The Controllers are in Assets/Adventure Creator/2D Demo/Controllers. You can disable diagonal movement from the Character's Inspector.

This is a Unity feature, so explanation of this system is best left to them :)

18. seriousGeorge

seriousGeorge

Yes, of course. Went trough their tutorials as well. But I meant the integration with AC and the initial setup from scratch how to set up the player for the character settings. The older tutorials from AC are all referencing to t2dtoolkit.

I got my player sprite with a spriterenderer and my (player)controller all setup with the animations and states. But what does feed the "player" inputfield under settings -> charactersettings? I tried to drag&drop the player-sprite, the controller, made a prefab and tried that also etc. but none of them are accepted (the mouse cursor is always the "forbidden" sign). I guess I'm doing something completely wrong ;)

EDIT:
    Ok.. figured it out by closley looking into the brian2D prefab. Had to add the rigidbody, collider, player- and pathscript. Prefab'ed it again and my player is now being accepted in the inputfield.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  19. Bramlet

Bramlet

the new tutorial has been very helpful, navmesh turns out to be not so black as it is painted :cool:

20. God-at-play

God-at-play

Thanks Chris! Regarding my issue of the animation fields in my player prefab, I was getting UnassignedReferenceExceptions every frame when there weren't animation fields filled. I ended up having to add null checks in AdvGame to make them go away, like so:
    Code (csharp):
    1.     public static void AddAnimClip (Animation _animation, int layer, AnimationClip clip, AnimationBlendMode blendMode, WrapMode wrapMode, Transform mixingBone)
    2.     {
    3.         if (clip == null)
    4.         {
    5.             return;
    6.         }
    8.         ...etc...
    9.     }
    12.     public static void PlayAnimClip (Animation _animation, int layer, AnimationClip clip, AnimationBlendMode blendMode, WrapMode wrapMode, float fadeTime, Transform mixingBone)
    13.     {
    14.         // Initialises and crossfades a clip
    15.         AddAnimClip (_animation, layer, clip, blendMode, wrapMode, mixingBone);
    17.         if (clip != null)
    18.         {
    19.             _animation.CrossFade (clip.name, fadeTime);
    20.         }
    22.         CleanUnusedClips (_animation);
    23.     }

21. God-at-play

God-at-play

I've noticed that Hotspots have a "Face after moving" option when selecting Walk To Marker. This is handy, but not very natural-looking for non-robotic characters. I'd like to suggest an option for setting a distance at which a character starts facing the marker, so the character starts turning before reaching the marker. We've used this approach in our own native implementation and have found it more natural-looking, which results in a game that feels more polished to the player.

In addition, currently once the facing starts, if a player is looking away from the facing direction, the facing code "fights" the player's input until the player lets it finish. Our implementation had this same issue, and we've noticed players get frustrated having to fight this. It becomes a usability problem. I would suggest checking if the player's look direction has changed for a time, and if so, giving up on lerping. I intend to implement this solution myself eventually, but I thought I'd request it so everyone can benefit. I'm guessing this issue will also occur if the character is set to look somewhere else as well? So it might be a problem for more than just First Person movement.

So far so good with regards to extending AC! I've decided to just add my own Input method and edit code in PlayerInput. I don't think it's possible to keep my own input code cleanly separated, so for now I'm just going all in and getting dirty.

Specifically, my intention is to do a point-and-click style input but with First Person, where click-and-drag with left mouse looks around, and clicking on specific hotspots have the player walking to that hotspot. There's no direct movement control. We've tested this method of input with several hundred players at various gaming festivals, from ages 7-70+ and across all ranges of computer literacy. For those who can operate a mouse at a mediocre level or higher, we've found this to be a good compromise between immersion and ease of interface. It might be worth considering adding this method to AC in the future.

We've also taken the approach of having icons over all the hotspots at all times, similar to The Walking Dead. Then the highlighting happens just on the icons. It doesn't seem to take players out of immersion much, so that might be a good option for AC in the future, too.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  22. seriousGeorge

seriousGeorge

I just wanted to say that I was finally able to build the demo completly from scratch (new scene, doing everything by my own). It might be worth noticing for you as input from newbies like myself ;) that I was struggling how to setup the player and animations correctly to work with AC, because at first I really not looked into the "older" tk2d tutorials where it was explained.

Maybe add a hint to your new 2D Scene tutorial, that the steps in "Part 19: 2D characters" after the tk2d setup are still valid for the workflow with unity's dopesheets - I got confused by that at first and overlooked it.

But my conclusion... it's a really great toolset, with should give our project a considerable boost.

23. Rosolek

Rosolek

Grate job on the Adventure Creator. It is a powerfull tool.

I am a begginer to Unity and I have a small issue which I can't find a solution to.
    I am working with Andventure creator in my simple test project.
    3 scenes: 0) splash screen, 1) Menu, 2) game scene

I used the demo_menu manager to create menu for now. I have added new menu item (10: Main Menu) with 2 buttons (New game, Quit).
    What I can't make is a menu 10 to show only on scene 1 and stay hidden on the others. I would also like to hide the bottom left corner menu while on 0 and 1 scene and stay visible on scene 2.

For the main menu I have used Appear type : manual and tried to enable it by onload cutscene with Menu: Change state (tried different change types). Frankly I am not even sure if this is a way to do it. I have experimented with no succes.
    I would be gratefull for a step by step example solution.

Thanks.

24. adventurefan

adventurefan

The stuff you want is possible.

Super fast demo: just uncheck "is visible" on menu item, put show menu element into the Intro Cutscene of scenes you want it to show.

Your problem might just be OnLoad. It isn't really working for me for most purposes. It ignores what I put there. I don't know why. (actually thinking about it prob because it's literally for save/load games more than anything else, so you need to declare your main scene stuff in On Start scene assigned in scene manager? edit: yes, I confirmed all that in manual and editor.)

25. Le_Foosh

Le_Foosh

Hi All - real quick one: Any idea how to make it so that the character doesn't scale?

Im making a 2D game and my character is massive at the front and tiny at the back.

Using 2DToolkit right now if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Kris

26. Rosolek

Rosolek

Thanks for the help. The problem was the on load cutscene. It works fine now.

27. ocimpean

ocimpean

I liked the 2D tutorial. Now a question comes to mind, how do you import a series of sprites for the character, without using that 2d2k for Unity?

28. seriousGeorge

seriousGeorge

I overlooked that one too. Just have a look in the manual - it's described there what you need.
    Or just follow the steps in the Tutorial video "Part 19: 2D characters" at around 2:48 Minutes. The steps from there one are valid for unity's native sprites.

In a nutshell I constructed the player Gameobject like in Tutorial 19, set up a child sprite to it and then just made all the dopesheets for my spriteanimations (how to do that: http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/2d/2d-controllers). Also it is important that you Name your Clips the way AC epxects them (yourclipname_D for Down, yourclipname_U for Up, yourclipname_DR for DownRight and so on). When you're done, make a prefab and throw that back into AC's player settings.

29. seriousGeorge

seriousGeorge

I have a problem with conversations in 2D Mode.

Dialog Options Bug?
    I simply cannot see any of the dialog options... the're just invisible. However if I hover over the bottom left edge of the screen the tooltips for the dialog options seem to appear... and I can click them too. But the options itself are invisible (elsewhere Text and Player Speech is displayed correctly).

Edit: I just saw in the demo, that it is intended to use icons only? It would be nice to have text as choices too.

GUI Extensions?
    Also I would be interested if AC would be compatible with a GUI Extension, such als NGUI (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/2413) ?
    For example to design the inventory and so on in NGUI and trigger the appropiate classes from AC?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  30. robinball

robinball

This is probably a bit of a stupid question. How do I trigger a particle system with Adventure Creator? I've made a looping one which i can turn on and off with visibility. But that doesn't work with a triggered particle system like an explosion. It seems to trigger at game launch and then never again.

Thanks

31. ChrisIceBox

ChrisIceBox

Thanks, I'll look into adding this into the next release.

Thanks for these, too. The click-drag method you want shouldn't be hard to rework the way you want: if you set the movement method to Direct, but leave out the required input axes, you'll be able to look around and interact with Hotspots but not directly move. Then you can simply check for the mouse-button before mouselooking in the First-Person camera script. I will see if I can implement a checkbox of some kind for this in the next update, to save you having to "re-hack" the code each time.

You can either make your Camera orthographic, or pull it far back and increase the FOV.

Sorry, it's difficult to understand what you mean. Are the options invisible in the Editor Inspector, or actually in-game? If you want text-based dialogue options, simply change the DialogueList type in the Conversation Menu inside the Menu Manager.

This has been brought up before, but unfortunately this is a no. AC's menu system is heavily integrated into the other systems, so displaying inventory with NGUI, for example, is not possible.

You can either call a PlayMaker event using the PlayMaker Action, or use the Send Message Action. Attach the ParticleSwitch script to your particle system, and call either the "Turn On" or "Interact" method using the Send Message Action.

32. seriousGeorge

seriousGeorge

Sorry... I meant in-game. Inspector is just fine. And yes, I meant also text-base dialogue options.
    Ok, I changed the Listtype to "DialogList" in the Menumanager . But there where no changes (tried several other options as well).

Here's a screenshot:
    You see the cursor hovering above an invisible Icon and the text which was meant as Dialogue-Option as a tooltip.
    $noText.jpg

33. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

Hi everyone. Am I missing something here? I can’t find any documentation, examples or even a little info on using AC with Playmaker. In the Asset store this boasts Playmaker. How would I for example within AC tell an FSM with a tween on it to tween?
    Is there actually a point to using AC with Playmaker or am I just better off just using Playmaker for everything? I can’t see an advantage her with AC even though I have bought it and done the tutorials.

34. God-at-play

God-at-play

Thanks so much, that'd be awesome. :) I also appreciate the guidance on which movement method to use in the mean time!

35. God-at-play

God-at-play

If you choose the Third-Party: PlayMaker action, it says you have to set a PlayMakerIsPresent preprocessor in PlayMakerIntegration.cs. At the top of that file, you'll see this:
    Adventure Creator has some handy shortcuts for commonly-used features in adventure games. If you want to utilize those, it'll be useful for you. You're right to suggest you can build adventure games with PlayMaker. It's just a matter of whether or not a dialogue system, built-in saving/loading, inventory, localization, etc. etc. is helpful.

36. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

--- EDIT 2 --- NO, that wasn’t it. It just points out what is compatible under PlayMaker and the link just sent me to the asset store. So where are the custom third party actions for AC? Please..
    --------------------------

-- EDIT 1 -- Ok, found it myself under https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W714
    Add-ons. Now I will have to try and puzzle my way through as AC has no documentation over PlayMaker. Or am I missing something here as well.

(Why make things easy when it can be done the hard way)
    The sentence above is typical of what you’ll nearly always experience in game making.

-----------------------------

Thanks for the quick answer, I found where to put PlayMakerIsPresent and added it but what do you mean by third party actions? Where to find? In AC under Actions I see nothing with Playmaker.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  37. God-at-play

God-at-play

I'd suggest calming down a bit, you're probably just missing details in a rush to get this figured out (I've been there myself). It is in the list, with all the other actions, toward the bottom:

You'll have to forgive me, since I've only been using AC for a few days. I'm not sure on all the details for making them integrate nicely.

38. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

Thank you for your post but where did you find this list? In AC when I go to actions I don’t see anything about third party.

39. God-at-play

God-at-play

Ah, that explains your trouble. :) It's a newer feature, I think it got added within the last month.

40. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

Thanks again. I never thought about my version being different but for some reason AC was not giving me updates over the asset store window. As all my other stuff was getting updated it never crossed my mind to check the version. I will of course in future always check versions before posting anything. It was driving me crazy. I deleted the folder from my asset stroe folder and let it download new and now it is all there. Any tips maybe, any gotchas that you encountered using playmaker and AC?

41. Le_Foosh

Le_Foosh

Hey - thanks for the reply but I still have the same issue, is no one else having this problem in 2D?

I've tried an orthographic camera but this stops your character from moving at all and moving the camera out and increasing the FOV just means that it takes an age to walk from front to back.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Kris

42. ocimpean

ocimpean

Thank you seriousGeorge, I will watch that and do some reading.

43. markitosgti

markitosgti

where is the animation engine option?? I don't see it since the last update :-/

2dToolkit is no longer supported?

44. God-at-play

God-at-play

A couple cutscene suggestions:
    I know you can trigger a cutscene after an action, but it'd be nice to have an action that would let you play a cutscene explicitly. Along the same lines, to pause one. That in particular would be nice. :)

EDIT: Sent a "Run Cutscene" action to you. Just pausing and resuming are my suggestions now.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  45. Rosolek

Rosolek

Hi. Did any one found a way to play random animation (and/or sounds). Lets say I have model with animation_1 to aniatmion_5 and would like the hotspot to object: animate random one.
    Thanks.

46. hedgefield

hedgefield

Hey Chris, thanks for the 2D tutorial, it really helped me figure out a good way to set up my scenes. I hadn't even touched the sorting map stuff, really useful.

The only real problem I have right now is that the camera doesn't pan. I have it set up just like you instruct, maincamera that snaps to gamecamera2d at the start and all, but when the player walks out of the viewport nothing happens. Any idea why that might be?

47. Rosolek

Rosolek

I am not sure if it's the issue but did you set camera in PlayerStart script -> Camera on start field? That is what you need to do in 3D scenes maybe it's the same in 2D.

48. ChrisIceBox

ChrisIceBox

Aside the usual bugfixes and recent feature requests, the next update includes a traditional Third-Person Camera! Look out for it next week.

OK. I'll need to go about recreating this? Have you been changing around with menus? If it's not easily explainable, PM me your scene and I'll take a look.

Please read the notes that come with each update. The latest release now requires animation engine to be a per-character option. 2DToolkit is still supported, just choose it from your Character inspector, rather than the Settings Manager.

You can't use a single Action to animate an object with a random clip, however you do have a couple of options:

1. Call a custom script that animates your object with a random clip
    2. Create an integer variable and set it to a random value using the Variable: Set Action. Then check the state of that variable to determine which clip to play.

As Rosolek points out, this is most likely down to setting your default PlayerStart's camera field. Otherwise, check your Camera inspector's Horizontal Lock checkbox.

49. hedgefield

hedgefield

Thanks guys, I doublechecked it, I put the gamecamera2d in the playerstart section, and both with and without the horizontal movement lock checked it does nothing. Well, it snaps to the right camera angle but there's no scrolling going on.

50. God-at-play

God-at-play

Are ActionLists (such as Cutscenes in my case) not supposed to be duplicated? I'm having a problem right now where I assign a reference in my custom action on a Cutscene, and that reference gets set for every other object that's been duplicated from the current one - even if none of them are prefabs.

Specifically, I have a area that can accept an asset I drag-and-drop in, and then that sets an input field of that asset's path. But it's setting the same value to every Cutscene that's been duplicated. I'm even using a controlID to get a unique ID for the control, and that's not helping. This is my ShowGUI:
    Code (csharp):
    1.     override public void ShowGUI ()
    2.     {
    3.         // Action-specific Inspector GUI code here
    4.         audioControl = (AudioControl)EditorGUILayout.EnumPopup("Audio control:", (AudioControl)audioControl);
    6.         // input for delays; negative before not allowed, but after it is
    7.         delayBeforeControl = EditorGUILayout.FloatField("Delay time before:", delayBeforeControl);
    8.         if (delayBeforeControl < 0f)
    9.         {
    10.             delayBeforeControl = 0f;
    11.         }
    12.         delayAfterControl = EditorGUILayout.FloatField("Delay time after:", delayAfterControl);
    13.         EditorGUILayout.Space();
    15.         audioSource = (AudioSource)EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("Audio source:", audioSource, typeof(AudioSource), true);
    16.         EditorGUILayout.Space();
    18.         if (audioControl == AudioControl.PLAY)
    19.         {
    20.             sceneResourcesPath = EditorGUILayout.TextField("Path:", sceneResourcesPath);
    21.             audioClipName = EditorGUILayout.TextField("Audio clip name:", audioClipName);
    22.         }
    24.         Rect dropArea = GUILayoutUtility.GetRect(0.0f, 50.0f, GUILayout.ExpandWidth(true));
    25.         GUI.Box(dropArea, "Drop Audioclip here to auto-populate fields");
    27.         int controlID = GUIUtility.GetControlID(FocusType.Passive);
    28.         Event evt = Event.current;
    29.         EventType eventType = evt.GetTypeForControl(controlID);
    30.         switch (eventType)
    31.         {
    32.             case EventType.DragUpdated:
    33.             case EventType.DragPerform:
    34.                 if (dropArea.Contains(evt.mousePosition)  DragAndDrop.objectReferences[0] is AudioClip)
    35.                 {
    36.                     if (eventType == EventType.DragUpdated)
    37.                     {
    38.                         DragAndDrop.visualMode = DragAndDropVisualMode.Copy;
    39.                         DragAndDrop.activeControlID = controlID;
    40.                     }
    41.                     else
    42.                     {
    43.                         // Do On Drag Stuff here
    44.                         audioClipName = DragAndDrop.objectReferences[0].name;
    45.                         // get full path
    46.                         string path = DragAndDrop.paths[0];
    47.                         // remove path up to Resources and remove clip name
    48.                         path = path.Replace("Assets/Resources/", "").Replace(audioClipName, "");
    49.                         // remove file extensions
    50.                         path = path.Replace(".wav", "").Replace(".mp3", "");
    51.                         sceneResourcesPath = path;
    53.                         DragAndDrop.AcceptDrag();
    54.                         DragAndDrop.visualMode = DragAndDropVisualMode.None;
    55.                     }
    56.                     evt.Use();
    57.                 }
    58.             break;
    59.         }
    61.         AfterRunningOption();
    62.     }