Search Unity

Advanced Topics Land

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by unityuserunity85496, Dec 5, 2020.

1. unityuserunity85496

unityuserunity85496

This forum and GLSL/CG/HLSL needs an advanced set of documents somewhere. Like maybe a WIKI to cover the plethora of common questions I use for reference and tend to lose, as well as docs. This is fueled from a bunch of the questions I tried to help answer the other day are breaching the barrier of common read the tutorials/docs communications vs spend doys/weeks testing and searching. This also plays into a long sought idea to try finishing up the missing sections in Book Of Shaders. And a way to archival a TON of lost threads that cover lots of nuance details i find here that are "discovered"

This is not a shader question per say, rather a request to know what web tech I should use to catalog these areas?

edit: have no relation to the original authors of Book Of Shaders

Topics ex:
    • Depth Texture
    • Z Sorting
    • Android use at all
    • Mobile VR, Desktop VR
    • Perlin Noise, Simplex Noise
    • Stencil Masks
    • Blit, Command Buffers
    • Optimizations
    • more...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    daneobyrd likes this.
  2. Olmi

Olmi

Well, easiest way would probably be to use GitHub and Markdown for pages? This way it would be somewhat simple edit pages, add content from contributors. It might be somewhat maintainable?

P.S. When you say "...idea to try finishing up the missing sections in Book Of Shaders." are you somehow relateted to that project?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020