Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced strategic A.I.

Discussion in 'AI & Navigation Previews' started by stormloop, Jun 9, 2019.

1. stormloop

stormloop

I understand the basics of A.I. but i am more interested in strategic games where you control more than one guy. And I always ask mysemf how they make such A.I. for the opponent. How they make the computer think like a human on different difficulty levels. And most important, how do i do that myself.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Some options are, either by building behavioral tree AI, which is conditional behavior selection, or Utility AI, or mix of these. Depends on requirement.

Difficulty often is made, by adding / removing handicap / bonuses to either AI, or player. So it seams more, or less difficult, while keeping same AI mechanics. Alternatively, slowing, or accelerating AI decision making.

AI generally is better at micro managing complex gameplays. For example large maps, while human player has less capabilities, to manage lots of things at the same time. So this may also contribute, to difficulty.

Alternatively, you can use machine learning. Which is separate can of worms. Zero-k uses that for example.

3. stormloop

stormloop

I searched up some of thise terms and a understand them al except for utility AI. And i dont know how to implement most of those, especially machine learning. But with machine learning, you let it evolve a bit, then let it play against itself to learn to play against higjer skilled level plauers and tjen take the result as an AI? That advanced AI surely is complex

4. stormloop

stormloop

Sorry for the mistakes

5. stormloop

stormloop

I found one of your other replies referencing to a book about ai, lets see if i understand it...

Antypodish likes this.