Search Unity

[Released] Advanced Slender Kit (C#)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by RealPpTheBest, Apr 27, 2019.

?

What should be the price for this asset?

Poll closed Sep 27, 2019.
  1. 5 $

100.0%
  2. 10 $

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RealPpTheBest

RealPpTheBest

This asset will always be free. You can also check out the paid version here.

Status - Released On Itch.Io

Section A (Importing)

1. Import AdvancedSlenderKitFree.unitypackage into your project (it's recommended to import the asset in a new fresh project)

Section B (Setting up)

1. Everything has been set up for you from Application Config Dialogue image to Icon and PlayerSettings to scenes in scene manager. In any case if anything isn't set up for you please do so.

2. The Application Config Dialogue is a .jpg file which has a .psd file too.

3. All tags are also setup with 0 compiler errors.

Section C (Setting up scenes)

1. The asset contains 5 scenes MainMenu, Loading, Game, DeathScene & GameOver. All of them are completed and are really simple to edit.

A) MainMenu

The main menu consists of title, play, credits, rate, quit, youtube and discord buttons, with a static video background and a chilling static playbox music. All and all really simple.

B) Loading

The loading scene has been inspired by games like granny as it has that random text displayer which displays the hints and all. It automatically changes into the game scene after an interval of time which of course can be changed!

C) Game

The game doesn't consist of a big forest but rather a simple one to showcase the asset. The AI is advanced but really simple. The scene consists of page system. No. of pages can be changed from the editor. The player also has a flashlight which battery decreases and also which blinks (Older versions).

Features of the AI:
    • AI teleports near the player after some regular intervals of time! This can be changed from the editor.
    • AI's teleportation time decreases with the increase of pages.
    • AI looks at player (billboard)
    • AI produces static effect when player near it.
    • Rigged highpoly slender model.
    D) DeathScene

The death scene appears when you stare slender for too long. It contains glitch effect with SFX. It automatically changes into the game over scene after an interval of time which of course can be changed!

E) GameOver

The game over scene is really simple scene including a text and a button to continue to the menu.

Section D (Exporting)

1. Make your changes in the build settings.
    2. Once made export for your choice of platform.

Important Notes (Please Read)

This project is has been released. This project has been tested for Windows and Mac. This project doesn't have mobile support. This asset will be free, but the full (paid) version has a lot of new features :) Including much advanced slender AI, full game map and much more :).

Regarding Scripts (Please Read)

All scripts are well commented for advanced beginners and please note this asset isn't beginner friendly as it has real complex codes and has 0 errors. All scripts can be easily modified though it is recommended you keep everything as it is.

Regarding Asset Support (Please Read)

Asset support for this asset isn't available, as this is a test project not a proper asset. Though if I get time I will answer questions :) But I am always free for feedback, let me know what I can improve in this asset or test project.

Download (Released):- https://ppthebestofficial.itch.io/advancedslenderkitfree/

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  2. Based on your recent posts and advertisement necro posts (you're learning Vector3 and such), my advice is instead of selling some beginner scripts (which is essentially unprofessional, probably highly inefficient and obviously, since you're learning, full of problems and bugs), stay with the learning path for now. You will thank me later, when a couple of also beginner who bought your package won't come back and bother you with endless support-cases, so you won't spend your time with answering endless email-mountains but you can concentrate on learning Unity and how to code properly.

Seriously, no offense, and all, but a beginner should not start with paid assets. If you want feedback, publish it on Github and ask for feedback.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that you're this enthusiastic, and keep up the good work! But concentrate on your craft for now.

RealPpTheBest and Antypodish like this.
  3. RealPpTheBest

RealPpTheBest

Hi! It's a free project! I will take reviews till 1 st of September and then decide if I should convert this into a paid asset! It will obvioulsy will be free (till 1/9/19), as this is my test project which I don't want to work on as I was and never will be interested in developing a horror game. Don't get me wrong, but can you please elaborate why shouldn't I upload it on asset store but on GitHub?

Seriously, no offense, and all, I just want to get reviews on my test project and see where was I and where am I now! P.s it is not even confirmed, if I will ever convert it into a paid asset! Thank you and yes I will concentrate on my craft for now. :)

4. In a nutshell:

- You don't have enough experience to write a proper asset with reasonably good and maintainable code.
    - Unity most likely will refuse to publish your asset because of it, lack of experience.
    - If they would accept it, you wouldn't want it, because you can't get too much from your asset (it's not that useful for many people and since you're inexperienced, it wouldn't worth multiple dozens of dollars)
    - If they accept it and you submit it, you would end up with an asset which you have to support, which means if anyone buys it and don't understand something or something isn't working, will write to you and you have to give support. Which means you're spending your time to fix smaller and bigger bugs, writing answers on forums and on email instead of using unity and learning how to do it properly.

But Unity will deny the publication 99.99%, even if you try to publish it for free due to lack of experience and support.

5. RealPpTheBest

RealPpTheBest

Oh Ok! I will then upload it on GitHub.

6. RealPpTheBest

RealPpTheBest

ADVANCED SLENDER KIT (PAID)

Status - Released On Itch.Io

Section A (Importing)

1. Import AdvancedSlenderKitPaid.unitypackage into your project (it's recommended to import the asset in a new fresh project)

Section B (Setting up)

1. Everything has been set up for you from Application Config Dialogue image to Icon and PlayerSettings to scenes in scene manager. In any case if anything isn't set up for you please do so.

2. The Application Config Dialogue is a .jpg file which has a .psd file too.

3. All tags are also setup with 0 compiler errors.

Section C (Setting up scenes)

1. The asset contains 7 scenes MainMenu, Loading, Intro, Game, DeathScene, WinScene GameOver. All of them are completed and are really simple to edit.

A) MainMenu

The main menu consists of title, play, credits, rate, quit, youtube and discord buttons, with a static video background and a chilling static playbox music. The same from the free version.

B) Loading

The loading scene has been inspired by games like granny as it has that random text displayer which displays the hints and all. It automatically changes into the game scene after an interval of time which of course can be changed! The same from the free version.

C) Intro

The intro scene with the company name, and slender logo reveal just like the original game had. Check it out here.

D) Game

The game consist of a forest but a simple one to showcase the asset. The AI is much advanced than the free version. The scene consists of page system. No. of pages can be changed from the editor. The player also has a flashlight which battery decreases and also which blinks (Older versions).

Features of the AI:
    • AI teleports near the player after some regular intervals of time! This can be changed from the editor.
    • AI's teleportation time decreases with the increase of pages.
    • AI looks at player (billboard)
    • AI produces static effect when player near it.
    • AI avoids obstacles, so you can work with walls, and irregular forests.
    • Rigged highpoly slender model.
    D) DeathScene

The death scene appears when you stare slender for too long. It contains glitch effect with SFX. It automatically changes into the game over scene after an interval of time which of course can be changed! The same from the free version.

E) GameOver

The game over scene is really simple scene including a text script which detects button press to continue to the menu (changed it as the cursor wasn't showing up in my device).

F) WinScene

The game over scene is really simple scene including a text script which detects button press to continue to the menu (changed it as the cursor wasn't showing up in my device).

Section D (Exporting)

1. Make your changes in the build settings.
    2. Once made export for your choice of platform.

Important Notes (Please Read)

This project has been tested for Windows and Mac. This project doesn't have mobile support. This asset will not be free, but I suggest to check out the free version first.:)

Regarding Scripts (Please Read)

All scripts are well commented for advanced beginners and please note this asset isn't beginner friendly as it has real complex codes and has 0 errors. All scripts can be easily modified though it is recommended you keep everything as it is and just work on the designing part of the game.

Regarding Asset Support (Please Read)

Asset support for this asset isn't available, as this is a test project not a proper asset. Though if I get time I will answer questions :) But I am always free for feedback, let me know what I can improve in this asset or test project.

Download (Released):- https://ppthebestofficial.itch.io/advancedslenderkitpaid/

7. RealPpTheBest

RealPpTheBest

8. unity_5Ym775GeJmT86Q

unity_5Ym775GeJmT86Q

Man, i wish this kit never got deleted. :(

9. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

its too late :(