Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced Shooter Kit v1.6.5 - Powerful system for creating a shooter game [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Victor-K, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Onevisiongames

Onevisiongames

Hello Victor, just wondering if there is a possibility to set up dual wielding weapons? Or a possibility to convert weapons or at least some features from other Assets like FPS Weapons?

Keep up the good work, can't wait for some other new features!

Ck

2. johny256

johny256

Integrace Unitz? and Unitz Battleground

3. musolo

musolo

This guy is hopeless............
    He won`t do a thing he said he`ll do.

4. jobobbel

jobobbel

Hi, I like the Asset very much. though I have a Problem @Victor-K...
    I do not find the Option for putting away the Chosen gun. I tried to implement it, but failed.
    (Not throw away, just back into the pocket.)
    I set up new Action "Hide Weapon" in ASKInputManager, set it to "BindAllActions" and wrote a method in WeaponsManager "HideWeapon", where I called the "StartDropoutAnimation", but can not connect to user Input, for example the "G" Key. And Unity says "Action 'Hide Weapon' not found".
    Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks, Jo :)

5. jobobbel

jobobbel

Oh, and I Need the Arms, because Player is seen by shadow and in Mirrors.
    Where could I deactivate the cut off?
    Thanks in Advance...
    Jo

6. jobobbel

jobobbel

Oh my, never mind @"G" Key... found the Editor in Unity.Tools. :confused:

7. jnbbender

jnbbender

Hey all, I noticed this board is not very active and this is most very likely an old asset. It appears to be a very nice asset based on the demo but when I wrote the author as to whether or not it is still being maintained I got no response. I am considering a purchase but I will assume I shouldn't be expecting any updates. Assuming this will become a baseline for my own FPS controller...
    How difficult is the code/baseline to maintain? How well organized is the Animator and how easy is it to swap weapons/hands in and out? How large is the code base? How have you enjoyed using it compared to others?
    Any input would be great.

8. Onevisiongames

Onevisiongames

We also started to work with this asset many months ago and it was relatively good to work with but had also some limitations and flaws. There was not really an animator but a custom script based on legacy animations if I remember correctly so it was not really suitable to improve on it. We jumped on to the Ultimate Character Controller/ UFPS2 from Opsive and never regret it, it's a bit more complex but therefore far more feature rich, is good to work with and has active support. So I would recommend to just use UFPS2 instead.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  9. jnbbender

jnbbender

Thanks for your input.

JamesArndt likes this.
  10. yason25

yason25

Hello , Im [a noob ,) ] having a hard time trying to replace my custom character, with yours. Mine is humanoid, and I see that yours is legacy, I changed it to humanoid and it still works. Also my animations arent compatible with the animatedBody. And my character is not compatible with the SoldierAnims. So I don't know how to replace my custom character model with yours. I've added it inside the FirstPersonPlayer, and scaled so that if fits, then I added the same scripts that the animatedBody had.

Attached Files:

11. unity_6qar9D_FprzH0w

unity_6qar9D_FprzH0w