Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced Shooter Kit v1.6.5 - Powerful system for creating a shooter game [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Victor-K, Nov 20, 2013.

1. MahaGaming

MahaGaming

Hi Victor, I need help please. I have no idea what the damage call is. I cannot kill my ai and they cannot kill me.

2. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Maha,

Player Damage Function is "TakeDamage" see manual on 18th page. interface IDamageHandler

3. Firesoft

Firesoft

Any updates?

Will you still Update this project? Multiplayer?

4. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hi there,

This asset has already reached its perfection. Nevertheless, the developments are conducted in different directions. Multiplayer is maybe.

5. Bartuby

Bartuby

Hi Victor or anyone who has figure this out,

Is it possible(and if so how) to add in my own gun so it can be picked up and used? I want to add a sniper rifle and I have the model in the scene seemingly the same as the other weapons but whenever I try to pick it up I get a circle with a cross through it.

Sean Cant_pickup.JPG

6. redchurch

redchurch

Has anyone got this working with Tactical Shooter A.I.?

7. X-MAN12

X-MAN12

hello
    this package work very good in pc but no in android phone.
    i use this package for my android project but it do not work.
    it install good and loading without any problem in phone but when game start
    it crash.i mean when game start i cant do anything . no fire , no run ...
    and after 3 or 4 seconds jump out of game.
    please help me

8. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello X-Man,
    Hmmm, strange, this asses tested and works fine on android. [ https://goo.gl/GRJ3WE ] This problem appears in all projects or only in this?

- Try build empty unity project for your phone.
    - Create empty scene on ask project and place player prefab.
    - NOTE: For player movement of this asset on mobile, requires a TouchKit.

9. GWStudio

GWStudio

hi victor
    how to stop automatic reloading for weapons

10. Victor-K

Victor-K

Update to ver 1.5.3 is coming

- Better mouse look
    - Updates for surface system
    - More optimizations
    - Ricochet & Penetration

In the new version, bullets will ricochet and pierce surfaces.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    IO-Fox and The_Uber_Rasta like this.
  11. GWStudio

GWStudio

How to stop automatic throwing of the grenades and automatic reloading of the guns please help .......

12. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Aymn,
    Unfortunately, while this is not possible, please wait for the next update

Here it is a little not clear, grenades after all do not throwing, only after pressing a key.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  13. GWStudio

GWStudio

hi vector .. thank u for answering my questions .. but I mean when the player equipped more than 1 grenade and hold the fire key the player will throw all grenades automatically

14. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Aymn,
    I got it. Thank you very much for report. This bug fixed. Coming update.

15. Victor-K

Victor-K

New surface system in coming update.

16. GWStudio

GWStudio

hi vector >>> i hope the next update come with full body awareness and countable shotgun reload bullets
    by the way when the next update will be available .....
    thank u any way your kit is the best ;)

17. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello,
    Update has been released and uploaded for submission(review).
    Unfortunately, the shotgun reload anims has so far remained the same.

18. FlyTrollStudio

FlyTrollStudio

What about AI ?

19. teampantherz

teampantherz

Hey
    I am using this asset when i am using this in my android mobile game. my game is so slow. it moves so slow and my phone also get slow when scene load. phone is working fine in other games. Please Could you guide me. i am stuck.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  20. tr1stan

tr1stan

hi vector, I found AFPS doesn't have weapon recoil effect which is important for a modern shooter. Is it possible to add recoil force on my own?

21. musolo

musolo

Hi Victor!!! Nice kit!!!
    Looks solid and compact!
    Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  22. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Musolo,
    Coming soon will release of the save system and integration update for ASK

23. musolo

musolo

Hi Victor! I made new empty scene added FirstPersonPlayer prefab. Added _TCKCanvasPrefab Plane to walk on. HelperCanvas prefab is added too. Aded directional Light with disabled shadows. My project is is set to Android.
    I made build and it lags as hell. 3 or 5 frames per second. And it shoots runs and turns at the same time when i just press walk joystick. I made development build and it showed Gfx.WaitForPresent eats 78 % of fps. Here`s the picture:
    https://ibb.co/bXZLDR

I started to look on the web for clues and people are sayng that CPU waits for GPU and that there is huge load on GPU
    that kills performans completely.
    Then i Started to go through all cameras looking for some effects on them ore some options that will kill mobile performance. I turn everything i could find on them down. Then made quality preset for Android where a turned down settings(I must say it loocked differently than allways before). It looks you`ve turned graphical options up in every possible ways that i`m sure i coudn`t find all of them to the moment. Anyways after bringing down all general stuff on every camera and making another Development build i got this in profiler:
    Here`s the picture:
    https://ibb.co/iY8806
    There is something deep enough inside there that causing this wierd behaviour.
    Could you elaborate on that please. Maybe try to do your own mobile build in empty scene. I`m sure you `ll find what`s wrong and elliminate this issue.
    The game that used your kit has same 3-5 frames per second on my phone. And i play "Modern Combat 5" on it with 30 fps.
    Hope you`ll find the reason behind this issue!
    Thanks!!!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  24. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Musolo,
    Hmm, strange, because the ask whale has been used more than once in mobile games.
    https://goo.gl/GRJ3WE - game based ASK and TCK.
    nevertheless, I'm going to check it and send you an analysis.
    By the way, did you forget to change all shaders to mobile?

25. musolo

musolo

i
    I did change them all to mobile.Vertex lit.
    And this game you gave link to is as slow as 3 -5 fps. Download and play it for few minutes. You`ll see it`s framerate is low and unplayable. And i play MC5 on my GalaxyS3 30 - 40 fps.
    Try to make mobile build as i did. I`m sure you`ll find true reason behind this bottleneck.
    I guess you tried to make your ASK as pretty as possible graphics wise. And you turned every possible visual setting to its maximum.So that average user could not find all places to look for source of graphic overhead. Maybe it`s better to have it to be not so heavy on GPU.
    Or maybe it is lagging so bad because of cameras setup and relations?
    Hope you`ll find the reason Victor!
    I put my trust in your expertise and skill!
    Thanks!!!

26. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello again Musolo,

Ok, then try to delete all the files in the "PreojectSettings" directory other than "InputManager.asset" and "TagManager.asset".
    It's a strange, but some files from Unity 5.3 in "PreojectSettings" directory can ruins framerate on the android, if game has builded on higher version of Unity.
    In addition: try this build, I did it for you. On my smartphone (Nexus 5 2013) it gives out 60 FPS.

Regards, Victor.

27. musolo

musolo

Hi Victor!
    That Helped with framerate. It`s about 24 -27 fps now. But Mobile controlls not responding. When i press escape button during play time game doesn`t stop and menu is not showing up.
    I dont get any errors just can`t control game in inspector. Same thing when i build the game.
    I guess deleting all those settings messed up some stuff.
    Could you please make video showing how to setup ASK and TCK to work on mobile phone.
    I`ve seen all three vids that you have made. But none of them provides algorithm that makes sucsessful mobile build that would run on mobile out of the box.
    There is one more thing.
    I installed Tactical Shooter AI and tried to place its "Rifle Bullet" prefab in the "Projectile Object" field for Pistol1 in the inspector. But i can`t put it there. The field does not accept any other prefabs other than ones you did for the kit.
    Thanks!

28. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hi Musolo,

Algorithm that makes of mobile build is exactly the same as for any other game.

29. musolo

musolo

Thanks!
    There is one more thing.
    I installed Tactical Shooter AI and tried to place its "Rifle Bullet" prefab in the "Projectile Object" field for Pistol1 in the inspector. But i can`t put it there. The field does not accept any other prefabs other than ones you did for the kit.
    Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  30. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Musolo,

ASK uses the special projectile system (like any other similar asset). All another projectile classes must be based from the base ask projectile class.

PS: Not all assets will works from box with other assets. It's not the responsibility of the developer to design their asset(s) to work with a particular third-party asset. Since this is impossible in principle, because of huge amount of potential pairs.

Regards, Victor.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  31. musolo

musolo

Pretty odd statment i must say considering all major assets providers tend to make their stuff as compatible as possible with other major assets.
    I bought ASK and TCK hoping it would help my project and knowing there will be some issues down the road. As it allways does. But developers trying to help their customers. And you obviously gave clear message to everybody, that you don`t give a damn about your customers issues with YOUR stuff.
    I`m very sory to hear that.
    If you refuse to help fix this issue it makes your assets usless for me or anybody else for that matter.
    And i would like a refund for your stuff.

32. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Musolo,

I can assist you with adapting my assets to your project. But I can not guarantee that my assets will immediately out of the box work with a specific third party. I did not refuse to help you, but simply said that it is impossible to foresee potential combinations and implement compatibility out of the box with a particular third party. If you have any questions on the adaptation of the code, please do not hesitate to contact me. But please do not expect from the asset that it will work with a particular third party right out of the box.
    All source code of my assets is written as such a way that it does not conflict with other assets and has a potential compatibility in advance. But for full compatibility with a particular third party, you'll must write yourself code. BUT don't need to be afraid that. The support of my assets always works and don't remain indifferent.

In addition, if I did not care (as you say), then I would not even respond to the forum. Therefore it is extremely strange to hear that.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  33. musolo

musolo

Hi Victor.
    Whell there are few missing crucial aspects about your fps kit.
    1 Ability(Clear and full guidance that shows how to do such thing) to replace default weapon models with ones that customer wants for his project in a form of written or video tutorial. So that after completion of such guidance customer could perform all default actions with its own models. To elliminate all guesswork from your customers. And it seems you do not have any urge to do so. Coz up till now you don`t have such instruction in any form.
    "ASK and TCK integration" video - is not tutorial of any sort.
    "How to integrate 'Touch Controls Kit' asset" - you have allready preconstructed _TCKCanvas and you rename few buttons accordingly to FirstPersonController(Some usefull info).Doing so on PC with your PC project.
    "TCK(v1.3) UnityUI WYSIWYG Demo" you show how some obvious moves in that blitz clip that are allready clear to users.
    You remember that in order to make mobile build to be something faster than slideshow that it is i had to make amputation of Project Settings folder after doing so i got other bug(s). One of them being freezed mobile controlls.
    Odd...
    Honestly don`t know how theese three quickies by any stretch of imagination should stand as ligit tutorials? Loock at UFPS for example. Your kits with a litle more love to them have all potential to be much better than UFPS. I strongly believe so. But UFPS have solid tutorials about all common operations that are expected from users to perform with this framework in order to acheive acceptable functionality for their projects with regards to inevitable customization.
    You denied your customer base with this courtesy and i noticed few times in this forum that people had reasonable questions to you considering matters mentioned above, and you simply ignored them.
    This are very bad signs to anybody who thinks about choosing your framework. And those who allready invested in your work including me and got such negligent response feel deceived!
    You know for yourself all what i just said here.
    As of compatibility with other assets. Well for starters make your weapons accept other prefabs in to their public fields.
    At least one could kill stuff with them. Stuff other than surveillance cameras. I have Tactical Shooter AI and i could just kill bots if your guns could spit out Tactical Shooter AI bullet prefabs. As to be killed by them there is one further step required to make that happen.
    You get my point. Get your stuff together and make it the best out there as it almost is!
    But almost is no good for the most.
    Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  34. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hi Musolo,
    Yes, I understood you, thanks for valuable comments and constructive criticism.
    Equal to the UFPS it's good to be, but need to remember that they have a whole team of developers and other personnel. They do not have to choose relatively painful or / or. The price of their assets speaks about this.
    Nevertheless, in my lessons everything is shown that is necessary to adjust my assets for mobile build. That nothing else is needed, if it works from mouse to PC, it will work and on mobile devices. It has been tested many times. I do not show how to do the build itself, since the build procedure does not matter for scripts. Once again, if it works from mouse to PC, it will work on mobile devices.

Regards, Victor.

35. musolo

musolo

Hi Victor!
    Show me how to make sniper rifle with scope that will shoot any projectile that i will want.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  36. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Musolo,
    It's pretty simple!

0 - To add a new weapon, two models will be needed. One with animation on hands and other for the pickup in a world.

1 - An example of a sniper rifle is the crossbow. It has the crosshair with an appropriate zoom setting. Just take a look at it and set it up the same way.

2 - The weapon system is very closely related to bullet ballistics. For example, it can add the initial speed. This was done in order to enable each of the weapons to be unique even if the same bullets are used.

3 - As far as I understand, you need to take damage to bots. To do this, you just need to configure the special character scripts. In the demo scene there are
    Security cameras that shoot at player like a turret. You can see their code and associate it with the bot code. To do this, just a few lines of code. The character script can call the methods in other components via unity events in "Events" foldout.

37. musolo

musolo

I don`t code. I do all the rest parts of dev. That`s why i bought your kit. So i woudn`t have to do stuff i can`t do.

38. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Musolo,

To do this, you just need to configure the character component like a secure cameras from demo scene. The character component can call public methods in other components without code editing via unity events in "Events" foldout.

Regards, Victor.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  39. musolo

musolo

40. Victor-K

Victor-K

It's certainly interesting, but the first priority thing is releasing updates and new features. The road map is such that after next update will need a refresh a manuals. I'm heading to finish it as quickly as possible in order to give my client better features of this asset.

41. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

42. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hi there,

Ready-made solution for saving game HERE
    Soon will be release update (approximately in v.1.6.7) for fully compatible with this.

PS: Intermediate update (1.6.5) will be released from day to day.

Regards, Victor.

43. musolo

musolo

Why no tutorials yet?

44. Victor-K

Victor-K

Update 1.6.5 on finish line and will be submitted to review asset store admins today or tomorrow. It adding many features and changes. Therefore, any tutorials for current (1.6) version do not make sense, since they will become obsolete right after release of new version.

45. musolo

musolo

Will there be possibility to add custom projectile prefabs in the "bullet " fields?

46. Victor-K

Victor-K

Yes, this feature was added to ver. 1.6.5 and now it's a pending review on asset store.

Please, always remove previous version before updating!

Download v1.6.5 Standalone Build

Fixes:
    - Incorrect camera shaking when looking up or down.
    - "Freezing" of weapons when firing bursts exceeding the remaining number of bullets.

Improvements:
    - All animation system moved to Mecanim
    * Removed BodyAnimation.cs, instead of this added BodyAnimator.cs
    - Updated surface detector
    - Updated setting window
    - New player body and animations for it
    - Improved algorithms of player walking, now they more accurately changes movement speed.

Changes:
    - Removed weapons camera
    * as instead added wall detection and procedural animation
    - Removed all static fields
    - Removed all useless interfaces
    * IFootstepSFXManager
    * IExplosion
    * IDamageHandler
    * IHealth
    * ICharacter
    - Instead, more understandable interfaces have been added
    * IProjectile - For custom projectiles
    * IShell - For custom shells
    - Minor Inspector's improvements
    - Significant refactorings
    - "InfiniteAmmo" field moved to AmmoBackpack

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  47. musolo

musolo

Good to hear that. Now that this is out of the way could you finallly make video on how to create new sniper scoped assault rifle adding custom weapon rig. There are few free of them online for you to use in the tutorial.

48. musolo

musolo

Can i add my custom animated weapons instead of default ones? Can you demonstrate the process?

49. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Musolo,

Yes, Yes, I will try to record the process in a near future on video, as soon as I get free time for this.

Regards, Victor.

--
    [upd: May 10, 2018]
    Hurray!!, I have more free time now!
    Guys, I remember about you and will try to do it on coming days! Thanks for your patience and understanding.:)

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    cameron990 and StigDesign like this.
  50. cameron990

cameron990

anybody know how to cause damage to my player when Im close to something besides the security camera. I have an npc that reacts when I get close now i want it to damage me, but I cant figure it out, script wise, anyhelp would be much appreciated.