Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced Shooter Kit v1.6.5 - Powerful system for creating a shooter game [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Victor-K, Nov 20, 2013.

1. everything3d

everything3d

hello i tried your advanced shooter kit as also the smart fps controller.
    the shooter kit looks quite nice, but there is something i dont like. The player movement is quite harsh when stepping on new area with a different floor height like for example the transition from floor to stairs. like little vertical jumps between the transitions.
    Same thing with the ladder.

Also what i would like to see to be added is leaning left / right and
    some climbing / obstacle overclimbing

cheers

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. Locky

Locky

It has been ten days since I posted a question. Is Victor MIA?

3. IO-Fox

IO-Fox

@Locky It appears you are the only person experiencing this issue. You must familiarize yourself with Unity and the importing of assets. Not all assets will work well with other assets. ASK works absolutely fine, so you must learn how to configure (programmatically) assets to work with other assets. It's not the responsibility of the developer to design their asset(s) to work with a particular third-party asset.

4. Locky

Locky

Tayer, I get that I am responsible for getting assets to work together. But I also thought that this was a community where people shared ideas and help one another. I have been on the other side of things where I was the expert and saw numerous newbie questions, and I answered them all because I like being helpful. It looks like I am on my own here, but I'll figure it out. I always do. I was just hoping to save some time.

5. IO-Fox

IO-Fox

@Locky, you are waiting on Victor to respond as to how to integrate his work into a third-party asset (Realistic Car Controller cost money, also). The first thing you should have done was read the ASK docs http://vkdemos.ucoz.org/UnityAssets/ask/docks/v1-3/Manual.pdf you can re-map all input commands; thus mirroring input of another asset and vise versa. This should not even be considered a newbie question because it simply requires research and execution in accordance to directions.

6. IO-Fox

IO-Fox

If you need to go further, then you can script the functionality you require, which is why most assets come with the source code instead of a dll.

7. v3nc

v3nc

Hey

Does it works in WebGL export?

8. Locky

Locky

Tayer,
    Your presumption that I have not looked at the docs is wrong; I would not even post here before looking at the docs as it would be a waste of my time.
    Although I am looking for integration with Realistic Car Controller, the issue I am having is more generic than that; it doesn't integrate with anything! I just used RCC as an example so I am not looking for specialized help. The issue is that the re-mapping of input commands isn't working, and I am not out of line for asking for help with that. I am sure that you have it all figured out, but telling anyone that their question doesn't even qualify as a newbie question is very condescending and therefore insulting. If you can't be helpful then I suggest keeping such comments to yourself.

magique likes this.
  9. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello guys,
    Please forgive my long absence. I was very busy working on big update of the asset to version 1.5. The release from day to day.

Main Features of 1.5 is:
    - More optimizations and bug fixes.
    - New API functions.
    - Smart input system.
    - 3D Hud.
    - Simple in game menu.
    - Damage indication system.
    - Custom events for "npc character, player, pickup, respawn.
    - Support Unity 5 Audio system.
    - Now, all weapons used physical projectiles(simple or ballystic).
    - Difficulty levels.
    - Respawn options.
    - New option "Drop Chance" for set the rarity of the drop item.
    - Improved weapon system.
    - New damage and health system, new class "Character", new class "DamageHandler" for setup the "weak points" on character.
    - Improved player prefab.
    - New camera shake algorithm.
    - Now, "SurfaceDetector" can detect "TerrainTextures".
    - New footsterps manager.
    ...And much more!

PREVIEW build here!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    IO-Fox likes this.
  10. Victor-K

Victor-K

11. magique

magique

@Victor Klepikov , I am looking for a possible alternative to UFPS and your system is very intriguing. Does your system have the ability to do aim assist? I see you love Battlefield 4 and that game has that feature so I'm hoping you built that into the kit.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  12. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello @magique, thanks for interest to my asset.
    Aim assist, its really interest idea, I try design it in future(maybe ver 1.6) updates.

13. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Advanced Shooter Kit supports Sniper Mode?

14. magique

magique

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on this and see how it develops. Version 1.5 looks quite promising as well.

15. magique

magique

@Victor Klepikov, does this run on consoles and mobile devices? I am developing for the Wii U and I had issues with UFPS on that console. Fortunately, with the help of some other Nintendo Developers and a lot of investigation on my part I was able to get it to run on it. So, naturally I'm concerned about how assets work on devices other than the PC.

16. magique

magique

I took a chance and I picked this up for my game. I am pleased to say that it is working on the Wii U out-of-the-box. I have to update the input controls and I haven't really put it through its paces yet, but it compiled and ran without an error so that is very good news.

17. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello @magique,
    Thanks for choosing my assets!!!
    I submitted the NEW version 1.5 on AssetStore today! And now its a pending review. In this(1.5) included new Input system for easily setup for gamepads.
    New manual of ver1.5 is here.
    You can write me and I send you the new version before release on the store!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  18. magique

magique

Awesome. I sent you message to get new version. And thanks.

19. magique

magique

So far I am loving ASK. Not only did it run out of the box on the Wii U, but everything from setting up input to creating killable NPCs is turning out to be very easy and intuitive to do. After struggling with UFPS for a while now, it is such a pleasure to work with a system that makes sense and works great. I am very happy with my purchase. I look forward to whatever features/enhancements you have planned for the future.

20. magique

magique

I've played around a bit with this and I love it for the most part, but there are definitely a few things that need fixing or could be improved.

1. Perhaps it's because this is billed as a Shooter kit and it's assumed that one would use it only as a shooter, but when I try to use the controller as just a first person controller with no weapons, it can't handle it. It wants there to be weapons and weapon scripts. I tried modifying the code to ignore some cases, but it ended up getting a bit too much to modify.
    2. I notice a stuttering in the movement when you mouse look from side to side. If you equip the assault rifle and look side to side, you can see by watching the tip of the gun that there is a jittering or stuttering instead of a fluid movement.
    3. Walking up and down stairs didn't work so well for me. With UFPS I am able to walk up a particular set of stairs and the movement is fairly smooth. However, with the default settings I can't even go up the first step with ASK. If I increase the step value then I can go up and down stairs, but it is so jerky that it's not usable. I think if I really increase the step value then it is smooth, but then with a 3rd person body the character is so far off the ground that it looks all wrong.
    4. It might be possible to replace the 3rd person body, the arms, and add new weapons, but I don't see any documentation or videos on how to accomplish any of that.

Overall, the asset it quite good and a nice replacement for UFPS in most cases. I am happy I purchased it and I hope it can continue to improve.

21. blueFire

blueFire

I just purchased both the Advanced Shooter Kit and the Touch Controls Kit for Unity. I like what I see thus far but where can I find a detailed tutorial showing how to add the Touch Controls Kit to the Advanced Shooter Kit?

Jason

22. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello, for latest versions of this assets the video tutorials will be available soon on YouTube. Stay tuned.

23. theappmedia

theappmedia

Hi,

We want to integrate touch controls kit with advance shooter kit. Can you please provide us any tutorial, so we can easily integrate them.

Thanks

24. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello,
    Yes, video tutorials will be available on YouTube in coming days. Stay tuned.

25. blueFire

blueFire

Have these tutorials been completed?

Jason

26. Victor-K

Victor-K

left just a little bit

27. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello guys,
    Good news for everyone who uses this asset with "Touch Controls Kit" asset.
    Tomorrow or the day after, will be ready new upgrade for full to compatible these two assets.
    There will also be presented with Video Tutorials for a full understanding of new system.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  28. blueFire

blueFire

The above video tutorial does not work for me. I got to the 50 second mark but there was no TCK Canvas object in the demo scene. After some searching I found the object and added it to the scene. After activating it in the scene (by clicking the check box at the top left in the inspector panel) the joystick, up, down and pause buttons did not appear in the game as shown in the video tutorial. See attached screenshot.

Perhaps it might be better if you started with a completely empty scene and showed us step by step how to add all the needed components.

Jason

Attached Files:

• temp.png
      temp.png
      File size:
      763.4 KB
      Views:
  29. Victor-K

Victor-K

For your screenshot is done correctly. Do you use the latest(1.5.1) versions of packages?

30. blueFire

blueFire

I am using version 1.5.1 of Advanced Shooter Kit.

Jason

31. magique

magique

32. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hi,

Here are a few recommendations:
    1 - Import FPS Hands in any 3d editor (Max/Maya/Blender/..etc)
    2 - Rig it.
    3 - Import and setup weapon model on hands.
    4 - Animate it.
    5 - Export it as .fbx and import to Unity.
    6 - Place animated model in 'FirstPersonPlayer/mainCamera/Ammunition/WaponName/FPWeponSway'.
    7 - Add and setup component scripts. For example see another weapons in this prefab.

33. magique

magique

With FPS Handy hands, you don't need to rig or add a weapon in a 3rd party modeling program. It is specially designed to allow you to pose it and add the weapon from within Unity itself. It's just a matter of somehow replacing the existing ASK hands with handy hands. So, it seems like you are saying all I need to do is steps 6 and 7.

34. Victor-K

Victor-K

Nevertheless, but to do animation for arms in hands still need.

35. magique

magique

I don't have that skill so I may not be able to use it then. With UFPS they have a system where you don't need to animate the arms. Maybe I can hijack that and integrate it with ASK.

36. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

I am thinking about purchasing this asset. Just wondering how hard is it to setup with Photon? Been thinking about a multiplayer game with this asset. Has anyone had any luck with getting it fully networked?

37. Victor-K

Victor-K

of the order of the 50-70% of source code to rewrite

RealAspireGames likes this.
  38. rbm123

rbm123

how damage system works? it use unity message or something else?
    I want to integrate it with "tactical shooter AI"
    can I do this?
    this is a good AI with cover and shot ability !
    if your kit have this option I will buy it fast!
    sorry for my bad english

39. johny256

johny256

Add mele ai

40. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

yes add melee ai and moving smart ai 8like enemy npc soldiers etc)

wihch are ai tool supported by your asset?
    and is there a way to add a flashlgiht with working batteries
    and are there water system compatible with ASK?

41. PixelSpice

PixelSpice

It's too bad network support isn't planned anymore, was looking forward to seeing how you did it. I'd probably buy an add-on asset if there was one for uNET multiplayer.

42. Victor-K

Victor-K

Multiplayer unet support is still planned, but unfortunately today have a big difficulties in develop this

43. magique

magique

@Victor-Klepikov, the asset store shows an updated version for today, but the release notes page looks like the same notes for 1.5 and nothing new. In fact, the asset store says version 1.5.1, which appears to have been updated 2 months ago? Any ideas why it shows today as a new version?

EDIT: Is it because of a price change?

44. magique

magique

@Victor-Klepikov, I posted some comments/questions a very long while back and while you responded to things I posted after that, you never addressed that particular post. Here are my questions/feedback again:

1. Perhaps it's because this is billed as a Shooter kit and it's assumed that one would use it only as a shooter, but when I try to use the controller as just a first person controller with no weapons, it can't handle it. It wants there to be weapons and weapon scripts. I tried modifying the code to ignore some cases, but it ended up getting a bit too much to modify.

2. I notice a stuttering in the movement when you mouse look from side to side. If you equip the assault rifle and look side to side, you can see by watching the tip of the gun that there is a jittering or stuttering instead of a fluid movement.

3. Walking up and down stairs didn't work so well for me. With UFPS I am able to walk up a particular set of stairs and the movement is fairly smooth. However, with the default settings I can't even go up the first step with ASK. If I increase the step value then I can go up and down stairs, but it is so jerky that it's not usable. I think if I really increase the step value then it is smooth, but then with a 3rd person body the character is so far off the ground that it looks all wrong.

4. It might be possible to replace the 3rd person body, the arms, and add new weapons, but I don't see any documentation or videos on how to accomplish any of that.

45. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello @magique,
    Thanks for your comments and review on store page!
    In early autumn, I will try to release update to should will be fix most known issues and add new features.

46. frostORG91

frostORG91

Hello, I'd like to ask, at what part of what script should I edit to make a minigun type weapon system? e.g. spinning up then firing, 2 muzzle flashes and projectile output but having one of them as a decoy and other one as a main damage etc indicator. Mainly these things I'd like to add but the part with two muzzles and etc is because I am trying to create a powered armor (titan as they say) that has two miniguns. Also how can I 'invert' the sway effect for the weapons when moving around the mouse? I wan't to make them move in the direction I'm moving the mouse. But other than that, I'd also like to make an option next to Infinite Ammo called Heating up (what it does its obvious I think :D). Everything basically for a Titan.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  47. johny256

johny256

save load system?

48. The_Uber_Rasta

The_Uber_Rasta

How can I get default unity camera effect scripts like screen space ambient occlusion to work with the main player camera?
    I suspect the depth settings because of the second camera is causing the scripts to fail.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  49. simonjacoby

simonjacoby

@The_Uber_Rasta: I had the same problem as you. There's a couple of problems that prevents them from working. Here's how I fixed it:

- There's something weird about how the project settings are set up, so I created a new (empty) project, copied the Assets folder from the previous (broken) project into the new one. Then, I ONLY copied the InputManager.asset and TagManager.asset from the old project into the new one. Now you can set up your rendering/quality parameters (linear color space, deferred rendering, hdr etc).

- The two-camera setup with a mainCamera/weaponCamera will cause depth issues, like you mentioned. Disable the weapons camera, and set the culling mask for the main camera to Everything. Yes, this will give you interpenetration when moving close to objects, weapons will have same FOV as main camera so they won't look as nice, but you'll have to solve this some other way if you want a proper depth buffer.

I've tested with the post processing stack on GitHub (here: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing), and it seems to work nicely. Here's a screenshot with HDR, TAA, SSAO, bloom, ACES tonemapping, grain, vignetting, spectral chromatic abberation and screen space reflections: post1.jpg

The_Uber_Rasta likes this.
  50. simonjacoby

simonjacoby