Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced Shooter Kit v1.6.5 - Powerful system for creating a shooter game [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Victor-K, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Victor-K

Victor-K

maybe in future updates.

2. Victor-K

Victor-K

See the "_DemoScene/Scene" as exaples "SecureCameras" = simple example enemy ai.

3. Victor-K

Victor-K

4. f1chris

f1chris

Release notes still referring to version 1.2

Can you post somewhere what's new ???

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  5. Victor-K

Victor-K

UPDATED!

6. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

I was hesitant. I really like control freak. But I liked the touch controls video demo, and I'm putting my faith into the FPS kit implementing painlessly with the touch kit.

Its important for people to remember, and I hope this is the case with this kit, but it provides the building blocks. if you want the camera to behave differently, or things to operate differently, just extend the asset :)

7. Stulaine

Stulaine

Going to give this package a try :) Assuming it does not need pro. Just testing.

8. PixelSpice

PixelSpice

Is multiplayer still planned for 2016? (This thread says no, and maybe. The asset says yes.)

If so, we're you planning on using UNet, Photon, or something else?

9. Victor-K

Victor-K

10. Victor-K

Victor-K

uNet only.

BozzWong likes this.
  11. kilik128

kilik128

found

NpcDie()

look for

NpcHit ?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  12. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

Bought the OSVR headset today. I'm planning on integrating it with this FPS kit as a test run :)

13. FoxAlphaX

FoxAlphaX

hi, your asset is great, you can add smooth camera like fps standard assets of unity (RigidbodyFirstPersonController)

14. yunspace

yunspace

Hi Victor, I was wondering:

1. Does this asset support WebGL?
    2. When playing the demo I noticed I can see my feet. Is your implementation a "True Full Body Awareness" or using the "Separate pair of arms" approach?

Thanks

15. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

Hi

I just installed this to try it out. The crossbow is really fun.

I would like to know if there is a way to change the ironsights/scope zoom do it only happens on mouse1 press down and return to normal after releasing mouse1. Right now mouse1 seems to only toggle it on and off.

Thanks

16. kilik128

kilik128

got trouble for understand switch weapon
    result slow when switch finis

17. glishh

glishh

Hi, I'm having some trouble setting up an enemy AI that can do damage to the player. As of right now I can't seem to get the player to die, his health just goes into negative numbers. But if I were to throw a grenade infront of me he would die, so it seems to just be in relation with the enemy. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? What exactly do I need to do to get my enemy AI script to interact with the Health script? Totally new to unity so forgive my lack of knowledge. Thanks.

18. glishh

glishh

Also, I'm getting an error "ProjectileOuter not found. erron in: pistol" whenever I fully decrement an enemies health (to where it should have killed them). Does anyone know whats going on?

19. Victor-K

Victor-K

just see "SecureCam.cs" and SecureCameras->SecureCam->Cam_joint->Cam_body On demo scene hierarchy, for examp

20. Victor-K

Victor-K

Im sorry, I dont understand your question... Need details.

21. Victor-K

Victor-K

1. WebGL is not stable platform, maby problems.
    2 "Separate pair of arms".

22. Victor-K

Victor-K

it requires some changes in the architecture, wait for the imminent update.

23. kilik128

kilik128

for get somethinks instant switch weapon

24. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

I am totally new to Unity. Can you switch rooms with Advanced Shooter Kit? Can I make him go outside, and do other things, like go into other rooms that I make or buy myself? I want to make sure that I can experiment with this before I buy it. I am not certain that this is something to MAKE games, but a game in itself. My first interest was Adventure Creator. Then, I saw this Asset. I am looking around at lots of different game engines.

25. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

The challenge you'll have with any framework, is they are meant for the 80% of use cases, but not the last 20%. I don't think any of the frameworks can promise to be code free or effort free. And a lot of the time you might find yourself mixing different frameworks together, which comes with a bit of a cost at the end of the day. The bulk of your questions would be yes, because natively, Unity lets you do these things already.

So, the way Unity works, is it is a Game Engine in-of-itself. It handles the physics, can deal with motion, etc. And yes, you need to learn scripting for it - and thats a good thing. You want to learn from these http://unity3d.com/learn. Get a tea, get a coffee, sit for about 10 hours and watch videos. There is no easy way to become a game developer without running great risk. And its the best use of 10 hours you'll ever use in your life :)

When looking at different Asset-Packs to help "speed up" and limit how much coding you need to do, you should go with exactly what was quoted in the asset. If it does more, that's great, but whats advertised is what you want to focus on. Just my two cents.

26. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

thanks for your reply. I am doing the tutorials now. starting with the Rolling ball game that shows how to use the editor. The reason I was excited about this was the sale price- $15. I was thinking I could use this one, and then plug it right into a room or terrain I bought from here. I dont even know how to use the editor yet. In other words, buy it now, while it is on sale, then use it later.

lloydsummers likes this.
  27. jessica1986

jessica1986

works on mobile ?

28. jessica1986

jessica1986

is it mobile compatible ??? if not, can you point me to any other similar

29. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

There is good and bad with that approach. I have plenty of assets (probably purchased around 100 or so now). But they eventually get depreciated or some developers charge for updates. It can be a real problem. So you don't want to rush into it.

That said, its also best off to "learn one framework" at a time if you are brand new. So getting it now and working through it would probably help you a lot - but it ties your skills and experience to the one framework.

I've haven't tested this guys FPS framework on mobile.

However, he does make a touch kit (for mobile) that he recommends for using with the product. Try sending him an email on the support button on the package, I suspect its relatively easy to patch it together - assuming your familiar with Unity coding.

30. gamegirl1984

gamegirl1984

Is this Unity 5 compatible and does it have support for xbox 360 gamepad???

31. barbown

barbown

hey man, how you been, im new to programming in unity, i have tested your demo, its really cool what you are doing, i have some questions,
    how much can i modify your project?
    can i program it to do new stuff, can i make a full videogame?
    and can it be played multiplayer?
    hope you can answer, thanks

32. IO-Fox

IO-Fox

Well @Victor Klepikov may be busy :)

It's Unity 5 compatible. This asset doesn't support the 360 controllers innately, however, you can easily implement 360 controller support by modifying the InputSetting Scriptable Object.

You can modify everything in the project. Source is provided.

If you are a developer, you can program anything to do whatever you want it to do. Again, source is provided, so you can add or remove functionality.

No, you cannot make a full video game with the project. This is an asset that provides FPS combat to a game; therefore, you would have to design and implement game mechanics, systems, and the like that best represents the vision of the game in which you are creating.

No, mulitplayer is not supported at this time. Please review the asset decription: Designed for single player games,multiplayer planned in future (2016 year) updates.

33. Goofy420

Goofy420

Great kit, but I have an issue with a lot of the floats being clamped from 1-3, such as the animation play speed and look sensitivity. I needed a sensitivity of 4.5 and animation speed of 4 for one of my animations and 0.6 for another.
    Could you please fix that in the next update?

34. Locky

Locky

I just purchased this asset and must say that I am very impressed with how it is organized! This makes it very easy to understand how to make modifications.

Which makes my question all the more difficult; how do I get any of the weapons to fire? I have selected several weapons and checked "Infinite Ammo." The animation plays to indicate the weapon has been loaded. But none of them fire? Am I overlooking something simple?

35. Gozdek

Gozdek

36. IvanAF

IvanAF

Hi:

This asset its really awesome...:D,one of the best in the asset store, but when i created new enemy i have this errors with the Health script:

1_If enemy have tag ASK/NonPlayerCharacter, enemy not disappear after death.(spawn "dead version" but the original persists)

2_If enemy have tag NonPlayerCharacter, "hit surface" option in Health script disappear.

Unity version 5.3.1p1

Thanks for all.

Best regards

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  37. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello, all be tested on Unity 5.3 and all forks fine.

38. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello,

Locky likes this.
  39. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello,

40. Locky

Locky

Thanks for your reply. I had come across this video and was able to get it working! I really strongly recommend that you update the documentation to say that the HUD must be part of the scene. I never would have figured that out.

Other than that, I cannot say enough good things about this asset. I had been using UFPS and had nothing but problems with integration. UFPS looks really good and behaves very well and professional for what it does, but from a development standpoint it was a nightmare to integrate with other functionality. This is probably because I am only moderately good at coding in C#. By comparison, Advanced Shooter Kit is layed out and organized so well that I didn't even need to look in the manual (except for the HUD thing which I already mentioned and isn't in the manual anyway). I was able to get it integrated with another asset in a very short time and with minimal effort. So great job and thank you!

41. Victor-K

Victor-K

Thanks for your feedback.
    Soon release an update that optimizes, add new functions and simplify the work with Asset, and will also be improved documentation. Now comes the really hard work, so excuse me for the long waiting of the responses.

42. MahaGaming

MahaGaming

Hi i had my own fps kit before this that could get in/out of vehicles. I Am having problems with your kit after I get in a vehicle, the fps character gets cloned and left on terrain while my main character is in vehicle.. this is the error I get.

SendMessage SetRotation has no receiver!
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object)
    VehicleScript:GetOut() (at Assets/Helicopter/Resources/Models/HelicopterModel/VehicleScript.js:60)
    VehicleScript:Update() (at Assets/Helicopter/Resources/Models/HelicopterModel/VehicleScript.js:24

error lines ---

60 Player.SendMessage("SetRotation", GetOutPosition.transform.rotation.eulerAngles.y);

24 if(Input.GetKeyDown("e")) GetOut();

when i entre vehicle

after i entre vehicle my player is in heli but other fps was cloned...

you can see i have 2 fps when i enter a vehicle

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  43. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello, check your email. ;)

MahaGaming likes this.
  44. MahaGaming

MahaGaming

you are fking amazing!!! i will test it more and email you back

45. rockinplayinrahul

rockinplayinrahul

Now this may be either a noob or a tough question, I'm not sure, but can I use this pack with the SILVER Advanced AI combat engine?

46. Locky

Locky

Hi Victor,

I am having difficulty with using this asset with other assets because of all the Layers it requires and the way the Input Settings are set up. I apologize if I am not communicating the issue succinctly; it is because I am trying to understand what the issue actually is myself.

If I load in this asset and then load in Realistic Car Controller for example, Advanced Shooter no longer works. If I load in Realistic Car Controller first, then Advanced Shooter works, but Realistic Car Controller does not. This is just an example as there are other assets that have a similar problem.

Is there a solution to this?

47. IO-Fox

IO-Fox

@Locky , that is due to project setting conflicts. This is normal. When you import two or more packages that come with pre-defined project settings, you may experience these kinds of events.

48. Locky

Locky

Tayer,
    How can I reconcile these differences so that they work?

49. Locky

Locky

I have been trying to find a solution so that ASK can be used with other assets but it is becoming very frustrating. I believe that the key to this is the Axes settings on the Input tab of the "Advanced Shooter Kit Settings" dialog. But this panel really doesn't seem to do anything. I deleted all of the Axes on the Input Manager. Then I called up the ASK Settings and pressed <Reload Settings>. I expected the Axis to be repopulated, but nothing.

Just about every other asset uses standard names like "Horizontal", "Vertical", "Jump" and so on in the Input Settings. Why doesn't Advanced Shooter Kit use these as well to keep it simple and consistent with other assets? I bought this because UFPS was not other asset friendly. Is ASK the same way? I just need something that WORKS, you know?

Surely there must be others out there who are using Advanced Shooter Kit with other assets?

50. TryHarder

TryHarder

Hello,

I have everything working with ASK and TCK, its fantastic really impressed !!

Just one thing I have the touch pad on the right with buttons on top of it, how can I still pan while firing ? I can run and pan but as soon as I hit fire I cant pan round only fire straight ?

Any help greatly appreciated !

Thank you,