Search Unity

Advanced Inventory System Version 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by slkjdfv, Jan 13, 2013.

?

Should I change the slot system to a grid? (Each Item can take up more then one cell)

Poll closed May 11, 2013.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Version 3.2 is done. Link to my store - http://digitaleggstudios.webs.com/advanced-inventory-system-3

Version 3.2 is now finished, this version brings one great new feature to the system. Items can now occupy more than one cell at a time. There is also an equipment example included. One other great new feature for people with unity pro is the 3D Item preview. I will be doing a video for the system later tonight.

Well it's finally finished and ready to be sold. I'm selling it for $65 USD on my website. I'm currently awaiting approval on the asset store, but you can still purchase it from my webstore here.
    Tech video :

This is a complete rebuild from version 2 and is a whole lot easier to use and comes with some new things as well as much improved features from version 2. One new thing is backpacks have been added in. Also for those of you using version 2 can upgrade to this version for $45 USD, just email me with a brief message and a copy of your email receipt and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  2. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

hi, will watch the video in the morning...
    will this work with iOS and if so is it optimised for iOS?

Thanks

3. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I am not currently capable of testing it on iOS so I would not know sorry. I will tell you the system does NOT use buttons for the inventory icons it uses boxes with custom mouse detection. I'm assuming it should work fine tho you'll need to change a few scripts as they use mouse button not touch, but other than that it shouldn't be an issue.

4. Rukey4

Rukey4

Coming from using the Advanced Inventory System 2, to advanced system 3 is the sheer ease of setup. Literally tagging the player and adding a few prefabs to the scene and such. It works flawlessly.

Whether you're looking for a system with an inventory, looting, store and crafting. It's all in one. I'm not a programmer myself but it's been designed with modification in mind, so if you have some knowledge you can easily tailor the system to your needs, even more so than it may already be!

Many minor bugs have been ironed out from AIS2 > AIS3 so you can be sure it works like a charm! "slkjdfv" always offers great support when needed, and has helped me out throughout the two systems!

What more can I say? If you're looking for an all in one inventory system, this is it!

5. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

6. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Alright everyone update... I ordered a new and better microphone. As soon as it arrives I will be redoing all the videos for this system.

7. Unicron

Unicron

Glad to hear that as I'm not much of a programmer myself and I have been looking for an easy to use/modify inventory/looting system with little to no programming required. I'll have to purchase this one soon.

I'm looking to have a grid based inventory, Diablo/Deus Ex Human Revolution style, would that be possible with this and maybe give an example of how to go about doing something like it?

8. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

@Unicron
    So you want items to be able to take up multiple cells in the inventory? The answer is no, my system is not capable of doing this without editing the 'core' code. Although that would be a good idea for me to look into tho ^_^. I'll set up a poll for this at the very top, see if it gets enough likes.

9. Unicron

Unicron

If you develop another version of your inventory system but in a grid style, I'll purchase it before you can say bazinga!

10. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I could just alter the 'core' code of version 3 slightly. I don't think this would be relatively too difficult to do.

11. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Okay, so as a test I started a new project. After some tinkering I got a crude version working that does exactly what you ask Unicron. And the icons all scale to fit the cell region size you assign them. I'll post more info tomorrow including pics. ;D

$TeaserPic.png

12. Unicron

Unicron

You are amazingly quick! and that looks great, exactly what I was looking for. Definitely looking forward to this.

13. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

These next pics are my test of the engines AddItem Method. I just got it working this morning :D. As you can see it works. whats not showing is the log at the bottom. The engine accurately scans every cell and determines if an item can fit or not no matter the size ^_^. $TeaserPic2.png $TeaserPic3.png

14. TheRealFuzz

TheRealFuzz

This grid inventory is pretty much exactly what I need! How well would it work with networking?

15. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I have not tested this with networking but it shouldn't be an issue. The system uses a 2D array to store the cell data.

16. TheRealFuzz

TheRealFuzz

17. Unicron

Unicron

Nice! can't wait until you're done with it, this is looking awesome indeed. I like how you made it so it scans to see if an item will fit, very cool! Would also be cool if you can add in a "organize" feature.

18. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Dragging and dropping will be added in and I'm going to test a rotation feature as well. Mouse detection is already set in place and working.

19. Unicron

Unicron

Will the rest of the system such as the looting, crafting and store be updated with the changes as well?

20. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

The only scripts that use inventory cells are the player inventory, bags and chests. Not shops, looting or crafting. So yes they will work and be updated as necessary.

21. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Bump.
    My mic should be arriving today. Also got a new pic for every one :D, This is the redesign of the Item editor it's smaller yet more user friendly.
    $__TeaserPic1.png

22. Unicron

Unicron

Looking good, hope to see a web demo and tutorials soon.

23. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Progress update video is up... :D

24. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

bump :) What are your thoughts so far?

25. Unicron

Unicron

Mic is a lot better! and the new system is progressing nicely. I'm liking what I see so far and looking forward to seeing more.

Just make sure to provide a solid documentation and tutorial videos :)

26. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Don't worry Unicron I'm doing my best, and the update WILL have documentation :).

27. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Progress Update 2 -

28. TheRealFuzz

TheRealFuzz

New update is looking great :)

29. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Just finished Item swapping, and the system settings. I'll be posting another video tomorrow. I only have a few more things to do then it should be all finished. Can't say a specific date yet but expect it soon ;).

$InventorySystem3_1_Preview.png $InventorySystem3_1_Settings.png

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  30. Unicron

Unicron

Awesome, it's looking great!

31. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

3rd progress update video is up,

32. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

33. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Hello again, finally got the build buttons and settings all set up and working :D. I'm trying to set up a custom progress bar to help keep it clean.

34. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Got it working :D behold :

Attached Files:

35. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I'm curious as to why this system isn't getting as much hype as I had thought, It is a very versatile inventory system. Any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  36. Unicron

Unicron

I think it's great, you just need to have it completed and have a web demo for everyone to try out. I'm definitely gonna pick this up once it's done.

37. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

New progress update video is up :

38. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Hi every one, I've been working on some new models for the system as well as a new GUI skin. The models are whats taking the longest. I haven't done much more programming with the system as it's pretty much finished. I'm considering adding in an attributes section for items tho and getting rid of the buff trait. That way your items can add a buff to more than one thing. The more I work on this the more I think to my self - Should I rename this project to Advanced RPG System?

39. RayWolf

RayWolf

I have no clou why there is no hype.

I am one of the rpg-maker-guys and this asset looks highly interesting. thx for the progress videos in here! Looks very promising.

Before you can call it 'rpg anything 'system'' u must give the user/buyer the feel of an rpg. I remember one other rpg-system or 'kit' was not enough rpg-ish for the store so the Developer had to replace some concept/abstract stuff with rpg-ish NPC/situation. dunno how to explain :)

So be aware of maybe-trouble-stuff when u call anyting RPG or 'system' in asset store :p! Honestly I like the actual name 'Advanced Inventory System' alot and think by hearing 'rpg system' of something more sophisticated, e.g. combat and dialogue and npc animationblending and camera-setups and so on.

regards,
    Ray

40. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

You are correct Ray that would require more work. I was just thinking it because this system is MORE than just an inventory system. It has a shop, crafting, chests, equipment, basic health/mana, and a basic stats systems. On thing that does set this apart from other systems out there tho is how modular and adaptable this system is. The programmer of your team can easily change how each system behaves. You don't even need to use the shop or crafting system I made, you can make your own. The manual for this will be kinda long tho ^^

41. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Progress update for every one :D. The inventory now has two draw options, DrawInventory(x,y) and DrawInventoryWindowed(). The first one allows the user to place the inventory inside one of their own windows or just appear on the screen. The x and y values are where you want it to appear. The other is just the traditional way that you saw in my previous videos. Also I finished some more item models for the system. I'll be doing another video here soon so look forward to that. I modeled and textured the tower shield, buckler, all the bottles, and the sword. I'm working on updated the character model right now.

42. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Okay so the system is finally finished. I'm just fixing some minor bugs and working on the models now. A new video is up on my youtube channel. The video is posted below as well as on the initial post.

[video=youtube_share;n2v5J1W8tfg]http://youtu.be/n2v5J1W8tfg

43. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Hey, got all the bugs I could find all fixed. I finished a secret feature as well. Can't tell you what it is but it's going to be in the webplayer. Also I decided to quickly do a stats and equipment system example for everyone. So just give me a week or two to do that then I can release it. :D Don't forget to check out the videos for the system in my youtube channel. Also I am looking for a modeler/ animator to help me finish up the system if any ones interested. I can't pay you sadly but I will give you a free copy of the system. Just PM if interested. Thank you all :D

44. Unicron

Unicron

Awesome, looking good, can't wait for the release.

45. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

46. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

47. jf3000

jf3000

Well this doesnt look like its been updated in awhile so probably dead, no point buying it then,

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is this also on the asset store ?

49. jf3000

jf3000

No you've to buy from his site, something about him charging the 30 bucks and if it was on the asset store he doesnt actually get 30 its less cos the asset store takes a cut so have to grab from his site but since its not been updated in sometime and doesnt seem to be much support seems less likely of an investment.

Also to mention his forum has one comment and that was over a year ago. Doesn't seem to respond to messages here or email which is why I personally have not bought this.

50. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I am still working on this project I just have been working allot lately and haven't had much time to work o this project. Below are a couple screens of what I am doing with this system.

Inventory windows are handled differently in 3.3 as they aren't "Inventory windows". They are module windows as I call them with a drag and drop plugin feature. And users can add new modules with ease. Module Windows open in 3 different ways - A Button / Key press, Code, or as a triggered event. I'm also adding a new style of crafting system while keeping the old. The new crafting system will use a grid to craft items.