Search Unity

Advanced Inventory System/Equipment

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ExDeaDguY, Jul 12, 2010.

1. moddymod06

moddymod06

Hi,

I am new to unity and i am having trouble on putting it all together. can you please do a tutorial? so i can have everything the same like the demo scene.

Many thanks.

2. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

Hey there, yeah... I think I said this before in the thread (Too lazy to go back through and re-read) but.. as soon as I get time, I'm going to finish up the next version of this that I have been working on which will be easier to implement into a unity scene and will come with a quick tutorial on how to get the prefab set up.

Just seems like now-a-days I don't really have much time for anything really since I became an adult and have a career now lol. But, mark my words.... It will be finished sometime soon (or later :p )

3. senluc

senluc

There is a way to equip a weapon,shield,atm i'm getting confused...

4. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

Weapon and shield equipping should be done by parenting the weapon/shield to the bone of the hand on the player. This will allow the item to be moved with the player. I dont believe this system shows how to do that but it is fairly easy. Just parent the objects transform to the players bone, adjust the rotation and position accordingly and ta-da :)

5. senluc

senluc

well,thx much for your response,i will try to do it :)

6. samusam

samusam

Hi,
    how do I extend the inventory to get us more items to display

7. samusam

samusam

Hi, i have a problem with this system. Each object that i equipped on player goes in position feet. why?
    Please respond send me. I know That this project is abandoned

8. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

Hey there. If i'm not mistaken... The way I set this up was (and I apologize since I created this while I was young and in-experienced) once objects are picked up.. The gameObjects are kept alive... and the become parented to the players model and takes the position of the player then the code just disables them for the time being so they are not visible. This probably doesn't work in unity 4 as I think the code is obsolete now. Somewhere in the code at the pickup line should be gameObject.enabled=false, this will need to be changed to gameObject.SetActive(false).

Don't quote me on this as I haven't looked at this code in forever. :p