Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

► Advanced Dissolve ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Feb 13, 2018.

1. maramak

maramak

I`m testing buld on Poco X3 Pro with Snapdragon 860 CPU. The top sphere on screenshot use dissolve effect from Ultimate 10+ Shaders asset and it works fine. Three bottom shperes uses Advanced Dissolve Mobile Diffuse shader.

Attached Files:

2. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Contact me using support email support@amazingassets.world (with invoice included) and we will check what's going there.

3. Toby31

Toby31

We are replacing the terrain with a plane and adding the dissolver custom shader to it and then adding the material to the cone for a players vision. but when the player walk's on the plane it is creating an instance of the material. Could this be related to the Advanced dissolver as I see in all of your examples the floor is always present?

4. maramak

maramak

The problem disappeared after upgrading to Unity 2021.3.22f1

Whatever560 likes this.
  5. Whatever560

Whatever560

Great that the issue disappeared. Were you getting the issue on your PC build as well ? Because I'm in the same situation where I included all the variants and the dissolve does not show up in builds. I'm on 2021.3.19f1, so if the upgrade fixes it I might try to upgrade (not doing it much because we're close to a deliverable)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  6. Whatever560

Whatever560

7. WeiWuDe

WeiWuDe

Would this support the unity version 2022 in the furture? Or What can I do with the unity 2022.2, it is too much if I change my project complete to unity 2021.

8. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

May be will be supported, may be not. I don't like giving such promises for the future. I don't even know what it will be.
    Currently asset is designed and advertised to work with Unity 2019.4, 2020.3 and 2021.3 LTS versions only.

Last edited: May 2, 2023
  9. hifar

hifar

I got this error in HDRP 14.0.4 and unity 2022.2.1:
    Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Advanced Dissolve/Shader Graph/Lit (Opaque)': "Undefined area shadow filter algorithm" at /SVNRoot/LevelBuilder/src/LevelBuilder/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@14.0.4/Runtime/Lighting/Shadow/HDShadowAlgorithms.hlsl(53)

how can I fix it?

upload_2023-5-1_12-45-8.png

upload_2023-5-1_12-45-15.png

10. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unity 2022 is not supported, as it is a 'tech release'.
    Only the latest LTS versions of Unity 2019.4, 2020.3 and 2021.3 are supported.

11. S37H

S37H

Hi Arkhivrag. We recently updated from the Vacuum Shader's version of Advanced Dissolve to the Amazing Shader's version, currently running in 2022.2.18. The issue is that Amazing Shader's version does not seem to have a Distance Field (Surface) TMP shader available, which allows dissolvable text that also accepts lighting. The Vacuum Shader's version had this. Should it be available or is it due to our version of unity not being supported yet? Perhaps I am missing something?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  12. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I will check which TMP shaders are missing and try to add AD there if possible.

13. hyieq

hyieq

Hi, I'v imported the Package, And Install the Universal pack, it says: The name 'headerStateKey' does not exist.
    I'm using the 2021.3.6 Editor Version.
    And I also tried the 2021.3.26 Version(new installed), still comes the 'headerStateKey' issue.
    upload_2023-6-12_16-16-6.png

14. hyieq

hyieq

After I cleaned the AssetStoreCache (the sub folder) and redownload, It works!!! I wonder why

15. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

There are several AD packages on the server and appropriate one is downloaded based on the used Unity Editor version.
    When using Unity 2021.3.26, correct AD package was downloaded.

16. christougher

christougher

The previous instructions to integrate Curved World and Advanced dissolve don't seem to apply anymore.... Are the latest versions of Curved world and Advanced Dissolve compatible? I'm trying to get them to work together as they did before. Am I missing a step to integrate them? Thanks!

17. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

For dissolve shaders Curved World can be activated from Curved World editor window (Activator Tab) or if using Shader Graph, add CW node directly there.

18. mchangxe

mchangxe

hello arkhivrag,

Im following the steps to generate a advanced dissolve shader from the given Lit (Opaque) shadergraph. The only change i made to the shadergraph is add a tiling and offset node. I followed the steps and got a generated shader, everything seems to be fine except I do not get Advanced Dissolve section in the material inspector, any ideas?

19. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unity version?
    Render pipeline?
    Are there any messages in the Console window?

20. Faelan

Faelan

upload_2023-7-19_22-12-7.png
    Hey, I am getting these errors on import. Is it anything concerning? Thanks.

21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unity version?

22. Faelan

Faelan

2021.3.16f1.

The 2nd error appear every time i import an asset, but the 1st one appeared after i imported one this time, and it seems that it won't go away, as it can't find that method. I had to revert before i imported the asset so it would work again.

23. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Can you try the latest LTS version? It is 2021.3.28.
    Also what Unity version is mentioned the asset works with, in the ReadMe file of the Installer folder?

Before using with the 2021.3.28 version, clear Asset Store cache folder (Amazing Assets sub-folder) and re-download asset using Package manager.

24. pepone3d

pepone3d

I want to set the width(geometric) of a material via script --
    and I don't have an idea how that works. Can you help me how to address that value?

25. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Code (CSharp):
    1. AdvancedDissolveProperties.Edge.Base.UpdateLocalProperty(material, AdvancedDissolveProperties.Edge.Base.Property.WidthGeometric, value);
    Also check manual file page 31, explaining run-time methods.

26. pepone3d

pepone3d

Thanks, that helped! I am trying to fade my object out via script setting the alpha to zero-
    streetnew.color = new Color(1, .5f, 0, 0f);
    works in the Start() Function - but changing the alpha value in the Update Function
    makes my mesh using the shader simply invisible. Do I need to call Advanced Dissolve
    to make the change visible?

I also could not find out how th set the Size of the Cutout/Standard/Clip via script.

27. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Code (CSharp):
    1. AdvancedDissolveProperties.Cutout.Standard.UpdateLocalProperty(material, AdvancedDissolveProperties.Cutout.Standard.Property.Clip, #value#)

28. Eneco

Eneco

Hello, Unity has 2022.3.x as an LTS which should be supported? https://unity.com/releases/editor/qa/lts-releases

Cause im also having issues with AD Dissolve on mobile/webgl, while using runtime keywords.

29. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Contact me using support e-mail (support@amazingassets.world) with more details about your problem and we will check it. And please, include asset purchase invoice.

30. Toby31

Toby31

have updated project to Unity 2021.3.31f1 LTS and HDRP 12.1.12 and I'm getting multiple errors
    'Amazing Assets/Advanced Dissolve/Shader Graph/Lit (Cutout)': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl'. at line 6609

Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Advanced Dissolve/Shader Graph/Lit (Opaque)': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl'. at line 241

I'm sure I've fixed this issue in the past but cant seem to find any reference to it and have seen other people have the same issue on the forum with you saying to update HDRP and unity versions which I'm currently doing so not sure what to do now.

Could you please point me in the right direction if possible please?

31. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It looks like shaders need to be update (recompiled) based on the used Unity version:
    • Open Advanced Dissolve / Shaders / ShaderGraph folder.
    • Select .shadergraph file inside Project window and inside Inspector window click on the Copy Shader button. upload_2023-10-25_11-16-47.png
    • After that select the .shader file with the same name and from the context menu choose: Amazing Asset -> Advanced Dissolve -> Generate Shader. upload_2023-10-25_11-19-31.png
    • Repeat steps for all shaders inside Advanced Dissolve / Shaders / ShaderGraph folder.

Toby31 likes this.
  32. Toby31

Toby31

I've actually managed to solve this issue by updating all of my unity packages that where in the project. They where not showing up at first I think due to having to restart unity

33. Toby31

Toby31

I'm sure this worked for me before when I had this issue so thank you very much for the response. I've updated all of my unity packages and its fixed it. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the help :) It wasn't showing up as needing to be updated at first

34. Creiz

Creiz

Did anyone manage to make this work with the open-source UTS Toon Shader yet?

35. IFEN_Unity

IFEN_Unity

are the demos uptodate. I am using Unity 2023 and I get many errors on the scripts

36. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

All supported Unity versions are in the description on the store page.

Supported Unity versions:
    • Only the latest LTS versions of Unity 2019.4, 2020.3, 2021.3 and 2022.3 are supported.
    • Unity alpha and beta versions are never supported.
    • Unity 'tech release' versions are not officially supported.

37. Creiz

Creiz

FYI, you cannot use this asset while instantiating prefabs. For example if you have enemy prefabs with a cutout controller inside, and you spawn 10 of those enemies, the shader will fetch ALL the cutout controllers from ALL other prefabs too and stop working.

38. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Controller script updates only those materials that are inside its Materials array.
    If you need materials to be update separately and have different dissolve effects, instantiate them and update each one with its own controller script.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    Creiz likes this.
  39. Creiz

Creiz

Yes, the problem is that the NPCs have all the same material. They also have their own controller script, but when I spawn 10 of them, all the controller scripts add the materials for all 10. So you have 10 controllers, controlling 10 materials.

In my use case, I didn't need to activate the dissolve to more than 1 npc at a time, so I fixed it by switching to a global controller instead.

40. jschalky

jschalky

is it possible to do a thanos snap effect? the dissolves i have seen all seem to be very close to the edge and lacks that dust effect/

41. mattiapompita

mattiapompita

I’m trying the demo of Advance Dissolve before purchase it and I have some error that I can’t fix.
    I try read the documentation but I can’t see a way to solve my problems.

I’m using Unity 2022.3.10f1 and the project is URP.
    I just import the .unitypackage file and open 1.Plane scene and in the console I have these errors:

Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Advanced Dissolve/Lit': Invalid conditional expression.
    Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Advanced Dissolve/Lit': Invalid conditional expression. at /Unity/Advance-Dissolve/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@14.0.8/Editor/ShaderGraph/Includes/Varyings.hlsl(169)

Repeated also for Lit(Cutout) Shaders

How can I solve this?

42. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Free demo version is done/using Unity 2019.4 URP.

mattiapompita likes this.
  43. mattiapompita

mattiapompita

OK thank you it work! It's really great asset.

I'd like to know if there is a way to use it in combination with a custom shader.
    Example: I have a cube with a custom shader that I want to use and I want cutout it with Advance Dissolve, is it possible?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  44. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

If custom shader is made using ShaderGraph, then mostly - YES.
    Check Manual file on page 25.

45. muzammilnaeemcol

muzammilnaeemcol

Hi,
    I want to have more than 7,8 objects in the box demo scene you provided.
    Is there any way possible to achieve the task??

46. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Currently there is no way to use more than 4 Cutout GameObjects.

47. muzammilnaeemcol

muzammilnaeemcol

Then what do you suggest we do to make more than 4 cutout objects as it's a major requirement for my project..

48. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

In the case of the package included shaders, there is nothing that can be done as they support only 4 Cutout GameObjects.
    If using Dynamic Radial Masks asset, high amount of masks can be used, but only of spherical shape.

49. Whatever560

Whatever560

A question to confirm my guess, if we switch from Builtin to HDRP it seems that all of our setups and code related to advanced dissolved will still work. (Not talking about the standard vs lit shader issues that migh arise). However it feels that the materials won't be upgraded "automatically" with HDRP tool. Am I correct, does anyone have had experience with porting to SRP ?

50. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

All of our setups and code related to Advanced Dissolved will still work - Yes.

Materials are not automatically upgraded as Builtin package contains only 'hand-written' shaders, while HDRP shader made using ShaderGraph.
    After switching from Builtin to HDRP shaders inside materials should be replaced manually.

Whatever560 likes this.