Search Unity

► Advanced Dissolve ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Update Unity to the latest 2020.3.21 version and HDRP to the 10.7 (using package manager).

Amazing Assets - YouTube Facebook Twitter

JeffG likes this.
  2. JeffG

JeffG

Thanks.

The Lit shader now compiles going to 2020.3.21 (and ignoring the 10.7) and thats good enough for now. Going to 10.7 breaks too many other things, so that will have to wait. (The Unlit shader doesn't compile)

3. BEST-Thanawat

BEST-Thanawat

Hi, I have a question before I buy.

Is it possible to do the wall dissolve like this

Thank you in advance.

4. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Yes.
    Package even includes similar example scene. It is achieved using dynamic capsule mask feature, where top of the capsule mask is attached to a camera and it is oriented to the lookat target. Everything inside capsule mask becomes dissolved. But note, all dissolved objects must be using Advanced Dissolve shader.

BEST-Thanawat likes this.
  5. cognos

cognos

Hi,
    your assets are looking great - bought 4 of them some days ago :).
    I am getting some compiler errors in your dissolve package for HDRP though - I guess 2021.2.0f1 is not supported yet?

Cheers

upload_2021-11-5_21-15-24.png

6. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unity 2021.2 is not supported yet.

7. Tempus_G

Tempus_G

does this shader affect hitboxes and colliders? I am wanting to make holes in walls that I can walk through or materialize obstacle's when triggered.

8. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Shaders have "Dynamic Mask" feature in the shape of sphere, that can use 1 - 4 spherical objects (in the world space coordinates) for dissolving mesh parts. You can use colliders hit-point's and update those spherical objects position.

9. RobertOne

RobertOne

i am on unity 2020.3.22f1 with HDRPD version 10.7 and get this error: Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Advanced Dissolve/Shader Graph/Lit (Opaque)': undeclared identifier '_DoubleSidedConstants' at

10. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Just tested, now problems found.

Try to regenerate shader:
    1) Select Lit (Opaque).shadergraph file inside Project window and inside Inspector window select the Copy Shader button.
    upload_2021-11-9_20-2-37.png

2) Right click on the Lit (Opaque).shader file and from the context menu choose Amazing Assets/Advanced Dissolve/Generate Shader.
    upload_2021-11-9_20-5-10.png

3) This will regenerate shader file based on your HDRP version.

11. RobertOne

RobertOne

that solved it. thanks a lot :)

12. pojoih

pojoih

@Arkhivrag
    any ETA on URP 12 compatibility? I have a lot of issues with the Shader Property Drawers as Unity, sadly as usual, introduces some breaking changes without notifying or documenting anything (no more SpecularColor in UnityMetaInput, no "DrawAdditionalFoldouts" override in ShaderGUI)

13. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I do not plan to update any of my assets for Unity 2021.2 this year (two month left). It is quite new release with lots of new features, changes and bugs. I have to wait several patch releases for it to become more stable. And that time I will use for updating and improving currently existing assets.

pojoih likes this.
  14. ashwinoccupiedvr

ashwinoccupiedvr

Hello, I'm on 2020.3.22f1 and HDRP 10.7 and I get these errors.

The material properties also do not match what's shown in the documentation . Please let me know how I can fix this

Attached Files:

15. TangoSix

TangoSix

This is a shame, we just purchased this asset in hopes of using it for our gameplay trailer. We're targeting URP Unity 2021.2 and are getting compile errors when importing the Universal package. Please reconsider supporting 2021.2. This version did some major improvements to the URP that we need and downgrading to 2021.1 is not an option.

16. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unity 2021.2 is not supported yet.
    It is a quite new release with many new features and changes, and because of it very unstable and full of bugs. I have to wait for several patch releases for it to become more stable and possible to work with. So this year (two months left) asset definitely will not be updated for it.

julianr likes this.
  17. lsgheero

lsgheero

I read through the prior pages and didnt see anything for this come up... but how I can use this asset so that when my laser weapon shoots it will make holes in the mesh of what is hit like in the demo using the capsule drone laser.. That one erased the hole when you shoot again tho. I need the holes to stay with the object that was hit...

18. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Shader can use 4 dynamic mask objects only (4 capsule objects in your case). Laser effect you asking for is not possible. In the promo video each drone controllers only one capsule object for creating holes in a mesh - 4 drones - 4 holes.

19. Lansky

Lansky

Any ETA for this?

20. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

21. cloverme

cloverme

What's the step-by-step process to get the HDRP shaders to work in 2020.3? Just tried in a new blank 2020.3/HDRP 10.7 project and get shader errors. I tried the copy/generate but generate is grayed out. (A lot of other asset store developers are making shader specific updates for each version of HDRP because, well, Unity has terrible HDRP compatibility issues.)

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Advanced Dissolve/Shader Graph/Lit (Cutout)': undeclared identifier '_DoubleSidedConstants' at /dissolve/Dissolve/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@10.7.0/Runtime/Material/Decal/DecalUtilities.hlsl(273) (on d3d11)

22. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Just tested with the latest 2020.3.24 and no problems found at my side.
    There are two files with Lit (Cutout) name, one is .shadergraph file and another .shader file. Which of them gives error?

If shader generator menu is inactive(grayed out), it means that there is no shader graph source copied to the system memory.
    First, click on the Copy Shader button of the .shadergraph file.

Then use generate menu with .shader file with the same name selected:

chmodseven likes this.
  23. thorikawa

thorikawa

I'm trying to integrate Advanced Dissolve into my Shader Graph. I followed the steps described in the manual, but I got "invalid subscript 'uv0'" error in the generated shader.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 10.22.18.png

In the generated shader, it tries to access
    SurfaceDescriptionInputs.uv0, but it does not seem to have that property. Do you have any ideas to solve this?
    Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 10.22.39.png Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 10.23.08.png Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 10.22.55.png

My environment:
    - Unity 2020.3.22f1
    - macOS Monterey 12.0.1
    - HDRP 10.7.0
    - Advanced Dissolve 2021.7

24. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Send me .shadergraph file where you are trying to integrate AD on support e-mail(support@amazingassets.world) with asset purchase invoice. I will check it.

25. thorikawa

thorikawa

Since the shadergraph contains confidential subgraphs and custom functions, it cannot be sent. I've decided to switch to using the Builtin Render Pipeline. Thanks.

26. ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Hi, I was wondering if this shader can alter the mesh data to accommodate for the dissolved portion? I'm curious if a projectile can be fired through the dissolved area for example.

27. dajyareo

dajyareo

Hey, we just updated from the latest Unity 2019 LTS to 2020 LTS, and we noticed that the nature shaders no longer worked. I figured it was just in need of a package update, but it seems that the built in pipeline version of this project no longer contains nature shaders? What happened to those, and is it possible to get those working again? Thanks!

28. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

No, mesh vertex data is not affected.

Built-in RP nature shaders currently are not available. Will be added in the next update (by the end of this year).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  29. dajyareo

dajyareo

Awesome, thanks for letting me know! I'll be eagerly awaiting the update this month :)

30. dajyareo

dajyareo

Thanks again @Arkhivrag! I saw the update you posted today and those shaders worked perfectly!

Arkhivrag likes this.
  31. mchangxe

mchangxe

Noticing a bug....

I have a terrain obj that is intersected by a plane. The plane is used by the AD geometric cutout controller to cut the terrain and give the intersection parts a red color edge. It all works fine when im moving the terrain obj up and down and have it emerge from out from the plane, but the geometric cutout controller seems to glitch when I am rotating/moving both the plane and the terrain obj. Upon the first frames of translation+rotation, even though my cutout plane is translating and rotating, the ad material shader seems to think that the plane has not moved and therefore cuts the terrain obj by the plane stationery position and rotation. In other words, the AD algorithm seems to lag behind the rotation and translating by a while I have tried to change the Update Mode oarameter in the geometric cutout controller script to every frame, but doesnt seem to make a difference.

32. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Looks like script execution order problem between your rotation script and AD controller script. Try changing their order.

Or inside AD controller script change UpdateMode property to Manual and call ForceUpdateShaderData method yourself from any script after you finish rotation.

33. ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Hi, I'm running into an issue where the linked geometric cutout controller is getting unlinked upon runtime. The dissolve shader works when you re-add the existing cutout controller, but I won't be able to do that for a build so how do you recommend tackling this issue? I tried looking at your code but I was uncertain about where the shader actually gets that data from script-wise.

Unity_2022-01-18_19-22-29.png Unity_2022-01-18_19-22-48.png

mattxreality likes this.
  34. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Controller script has Materials array that it updates and works with.
    If your material is instantiated in run-time, add it to the appropriate controller scripts Materials array.

35. LKH_Prime

LKH_Prime

Hi, is Unity 2021.2 soon to be supported yet? Have been waiting for quite a while already.

36. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It will be and update will be free, but no ETA.

37. rrahim

rrahim

Hi, is there possibly any way to integrate this into Toony Colors Pro?
    I'm hoping there's an easy way, but even some guidance in doing it manually would help. Thanks.

38. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

There is no easy way :( as Advanced Dissolve itself is quite complicated shader.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  39. rrahim

rrahim

That's okay, I'll find a way to make it work otherwise.
    Maybe I can add the features I need to Advanced Dissolve to at least get a close enough look using shader graph.
    Looking forward to the 2021.2 update.

40. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

rrahim likes this.
  41. mattxreality

mattxreality

I'm having the same problem when I use the "Capsule" geometry type. It looks like you're having the same problem as I am. I have two controller scripts in my scene to separately control the advanced dissolve of two objects that have similar materials, but need to dissolve and move/rotate differently from each other. My controller scripts are fine in Editor mode, but the "Geometric" section forgets the controller I assigned after I go to Play mode. I do not instantiate materials at runtime. They are explicitly assigned to a mesh. @arkhizrag upload_2022-2-14_19-37-21.png

42. mattxreality

mattxreality

By the way, I just noticed that when I'm in play mode the material becomes "(Instance)". Is Advanced Dissolve doing that? I don't have any other scripts managing material instancing on the Mesh Renderer component. It's a simple floor plane.

43. jeremedia

jeremedia

Wanted to add I'm also looking forward to the 2021.2 update. I've got it working without a specular channel, which is good for dev.

44. mattxreality

mattxreality

UPDATE: I tested the same materials but used a standard "Plane" 3D object and found that the material is not "Instanced" on the Mesh Renderer. The original object was created using ProBuilder. I wonder if the materials assigned to a ProBuilder model are instanced, causing the issue I'm having with Advanced Dissolve.

45. ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Hey, I never figured out a way around the problem. Every time I tried to enable two or more cutout controllers at the same time, one of them interfered with the other. In my case, it's a shield that goes away as the enemy attacks so you can see the other shield that has not been put away correctly displays its corresponding capsule cutouts/holes. I figured limiting my scene to one active shield that can be shot through at a time is the best compromise I can do at this point.

46. LKH_Prime

LKH_Prime

Please update it to support URP12, Thank you very much!

Papanix and jeremedia like this.
  47. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Geometric cutout options are regular material properties, like Color, MainTex, Specular, etc. But as material editor cannot display some properties used by those objects, for example Matrices, controller scripts are used to update them. That's why two controller scripts can not update one material. They will just overwrite each other in this case.
    If you need two different effects, use two separate materials and update them with separate controller scripts.

Material editor doesn't effect controller script, it just displays script that is updating it.
    Controller script doesn't instantiate materials, it just updates those materials that are inside its Materials array.

URP12 will be supported after Unity 2021.x will be released as LTS, currently it is 'tech release'.

48. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Hello i have a question, give it a solution for that : Player is in a dark room outside is light when the wall cutting / disolve the light will come inside the room. I want have light in the room.

A other Problem you can see here :
    the inner walls will look darker after cutout.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  49. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Do you mean flickering at 0:59? Just from a video it is very difficult to give a solution. It may be because of camera setup, scripts, project layers, almost anything.
    Try to reduce scene meshes, materials and scripts to find the root of that problem. Shader itself cannot produce problem.

50. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Thank you i will take a Look, that flickering came only in a build not in the Unity Editor play Mode.