Search Unity

Advanced Batcher Announced

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Barkley, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Barkley

Barkley

Advanced Batcher Released!

Advanced Batcher is a Unity Editor extension that allows you to organize, divide, and merge into optimized batches all your static meshes in a whole scene with a single button press. It helps drastically reduce the number of draw calls in your scene with a single click.

You can find it in the asset store:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/19877

This plug-in allows you to easily organize your <strong>whole scene</strong> and merge the geometry to obtain instant performance wins with <strong>single button press</strong>. The package has been designed from the ground up with the final user in mind, so that optimizing your scene is achieved with a single button press. Watch a tutorial of it in action:

Features:

• Optimize your whole scene with a single button press!
    • Configure how you want the mesh batches to be generated: how big, how disperse, etc.
    • Automatically merge textures and materials
    • Copy material colour to vertices to reduce the number of materials
    • Custom batching tool to fine tune your batches
    • Intuitive and simple interface
    We'll be releasing real soon!

Documentation | Tutorial | Asset Store

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  2. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I am interested. Bookmarked!

Barkley likes this.
  3. paulojsam

paulojsam

whats the diference between this and mesh baker

4. Barkley

Barkley

I'd say the main difference is that with this you just select a single root object and say how big the batches should be and the plug-in takes care of doing them. It divides the objects per material, does the atlasing of the textures, then batches the objects that share atlased materials together with an upper limit in the number of tris/verts. All that with a single button press.

I'm not sure how mesh baker works (I only realized of its existence when I was finishing this plug-in) but I don't think it's that user friendly/easy to use.

Thanks!