Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Unity UI "Advanced" 9-slice?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by SparrowGS, Jan 24, 2019.

1. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

I don't know what to call it, but is there a solution in the likes of 0-slice for images like this?
    I want to be able to stretch it like I would a 9-slice.

or can 9-slice can do it and I'm too stupid to figure out where to place the anchors? :D

Attached Files:

2. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

This is nothing you can do by default with a sprite.
    But it is like a tile map. maybe you can reuse some existing tile map project for your needs...

3. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

Thanks for the answer.
    I think if I flip the extension part(make it go in instead of out), I can use a 9 slice for it then, it even fits better to my UI design, gonna test it when I get home.