Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ads working on Unity Editor but not Mobile

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by SAVVU, Sep 12, 2019.

1. SAVVU

SAVVU

So I have implemented Unity Ads many times in projects and it worked fine every time!
    On my recent project though ( a 2D mobile endless runner) I only manage to see the test ads in the unity game scene! I use the implementation through the services window and the initialization works fine according to the console. On mobile though I cant see anything. Same with Test mode enabled/disabled.

Even tried to initialize by code using the projectID and everything enabled. Still I get the success message in the console but again on mobile no available Ads.

I had a similar problem back in the days and I tried to upload the game in the playstore as a test game without publishing. As soon as it was up the test ads worked on mobile too. Is this normal? And how are the ads connected to the fact that the app is on the playstore or not?

Thanks in advance!

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@SAVVU

Are you able to capture a device log while your game is running:
    How To - Capturing Device Logs on Android
    How To - Capturing Device Logs on iOS

This should clear up the exact reason you are not getting ads in your game. The most common reasons:
    1. You are not initializing the Ads SDK. (You should see something like "Initializing Unity Ads 3.x.x with game id 1234567 in production mode".)
    2. You could be initializing Ads with the game ID for the wrong platform (using the iOS game ID for Android and vice versa).
    If those aren't the cause, could you post your device log here or open a support ticket:
    unityads-support@unity3d.com