Search Unity

Ads won't play on mobile device?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by lvl9hero, Dec 3, 2014.

1. lvl9hero

lvl9hero

Hi,

So I compiled and built my unity game successfully, it's also published live on the Android Play Store now, so UnityAds is configured correctly with the right "game package" and info.

However, there's no actual Ad that pops up when it should. It shows fine (I think) within the Unity Editor, it also shows up on the mobile device when I have this line,
    Advertisement.Initialize ("11111", true);​
    "true" is used for "testing" and not a live environment. The ad placeholder shows up fine in both the Unity Editor and my mobile device, but then when I change that value back to "false" (which is the default for a live environment right?), it only shows the ad placeholder fine in the Unity Editor, but compiled and pushed live, it doesn't show at all....

I need help figuring out why this is happening.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Salazar

Salazar

Hello Level9Hero,

Wich country are you trying to use Unity Ads, and what type of ad are you using?

Thanks.

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  3. lvl9hero

lvl9hero

The "default setting" in my control panel, I have set Picture Placement as the default.

I'm reporting from USA.
    The game is distributed to "all countries" on the Android Store.

4. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Good call, Salazar.

So right now, picture ads are still in beta. And at the moment there aren't any picture ad campaigns available. Video ads are your only available option for the time being. Our current focus is server side optimizations, which needs to be done in order to handle the increased volume of campaigns anyway. Optimizations are expected to continue through the first of the new year.

Salazar likes this.
  5. lvl9hero

lvl9hero

ok I see, I understand, so I just switched over to Video Placement as the default now.
    Gonna see if that changes anything :)

thanks

6. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Perfect. Let me know how it works out.

7. lvl9hero

lvl9hero

Salazar likes this.
  8. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Excellent :)