Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ads that let you make the ad a texture in the game?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by techmage, Oct 1, 2014.

1. techmage

techmage

Are there any ad systems that do this? Let you make the ad a texture in the game, or a video texture?

2. srmojuze

srmojuze

Hi I suggest, since many ad networks deliver image files, maybe you can use WWW class to load an image from the web into a texture, hence get an ad on a texture in the game.

BTW, I am planning an advertising network that does stuff like this... Alpha testing in 2015. Would love to hear your ideas, I haven't seen any advertising networks that do this. Check out http://mojuze.com

Although,

Cheers,
    srmojuze.

3. anonymousunitycreator

anonymousunitycreator

Great idea.
    Also, srmojuze, that is a gorgeous website.
    I'll keep an eye on the project, i'd love to alpha test.

4. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Hi Guys,

We've explored this possibility and while technically it is not a big-deal, getting advertisers on board this is not easy.

Advertisers usually want to control how their ads are shown to the end-user. This creates a problem when they don't know how their ad-images might be used in games (especially if it would be a network, where they might not even know all the games showing their ads)

The big game publishers can do this for their big name games where this kind of in-game texture ads are placed in for example in football field banners.

Cheers,
    Heikki