Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ads show up.. Kinda

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by TotallyLogical, Aug 3, 2015.

?

Did you see ads

Poll closed Aug 10, 2015.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TotallyLogical

TotallyLogical

I put my game on the Google Play store just about 3 days ago.. My first app, and I was pretty excited. I told one of my Steam (Online Video Game store / community) friends to get it and play it. He did. I currently have an IPhone 5s and do not own an Android. The friend tested the game all night and really liked it, and I checked my Unity Ads account and nothing had changed.. The only ads that had been seen where by me playing the app over Blue Stakcs. I asked him and he told me he didn't see any ads. I played it over blue stacks again, and saw ads.. Not sure whatt happened. He has a Nexus 5. **ADS WORK ON BLUESTACKS AND IN EDITOR**
    Any tips, by the way, here's the app, tell me if you see ads or not..
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WorkAndPlay.TriJump

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

I checked out your app. Everything looks good. Unity Ads initialized with test mode disabled, so live campaigns are retrieved with the ad request. Was able to see skippable ads after the fail event.

Seems to be only shown after beating a previous high score. Very nice. This could be why your friend wasn't seeing any ads, though. If the first wasn't available when it came time to show, it wouldn't have shown. Might want to rework the logic a bit so that it includes a variable for time, limiting how often ads are shown, but also making sure they're shown often enough. Depends on how often you want them to be shown.

Keep in mind, the first few impressions are the most effective. The more you show and the more often you show, the less effective they become, which will lower your eCPM (effective Cost Per 1000 impressions). I'd recommend postponing the first ad until after your users reach a minimum level completion, allowing them to get used to the gameplay and more invested in it before the ad is shown. Then show after the 1st game played after a fresh boot, or returning to the game from the background, while also limiting the frequency of ads shown to 5 min or so and maybe 3 to 5 per day.

Now keep in mind, these ads are skippable, so completion rate could be pretty low, which also tends to lower the eCPM. Just keep that in mind when evaluating your performance. Ping me again in a private message when you get closer to 5000 impressions. I'd like to see how well your game performs. Might be worth tweaking the mechanics a bit then to better optimize the showing of ads. If you drop in an analytics system in there, might give you a better idea for how to tune your game mechanics. Unity Analytics is pretty straight forward.

Unity Ads was up to date. Looks like you built with Unity 5.1.1f1. Might want to update to the latest patch release.

Salazar likes this.