Search Unity

Ads not working on Android

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Astanya, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Astanya

Astanya

ads is working when i use pc to test , but not working on android because Advertisement.IsReady() always return false.

how should i do next?

2. Astanya

Astanya

editor version is 5.4.1f1 and platform is android

Stuart3190 likes this.
  3. Astanya

Astanya

4. Ben-Stoneman

Ben-Stoneman

Services Support

Hi Astanya,

Are you able to provide me with your script? Try to ensure that your GameID is not shown in the script (for the purpose of privacy).

I have attached my Unity Ads script to this post. Feel free to compare it with your own to see if anything is missing. I suspect that you may be missing Initialization.

Attached Files:

5. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

This happened to me too... I don't know when it actually start to stop showing add, but I'm sure it was working last month.
    I though I made a mistake when adding local notification plugin but when I rolled back my project, the Advertisement.IsReady() still always false...

Log
    Note: I can copy paste the above link in pc browser and it actually work, havent tried in mobile browser though...

6. Ben-Stoneman

Ben-Stoneman

Services Support

Hi bart_the 13th,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

I've heard that others have also experienced this issue when using the services window.

If you are using the services window to implement Unity Ads into your game then I'd advise that you try using the Asset Store SDK integration or upgrade to Unity 5.5.1p3:

https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases

7. Sievlar

Sievlar

I have not tried 5.5.1p3 yet, but the fix mentioned only iOS. Did the fix apply to Android as well? At first I thought the "Published" builds problem was limited to iOS, but then I noticed my revenue for Android dried up, checked my Unity Analytics, and sure enough, Unity Ads are not working on the Android published game either, yet were working locally. So now I have switched to the Asset Store package for Android as well. Will see what happens ...

8. MrDasix

MrDasix

In my scirpt i'm using rewardedVideoZone (and it works) aand you use rewardedVideo. Which i real zone?

9. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

Yep, I switched to the asset store version and it works now. BTW, fyi, I am using Unity 5.2.0 atm...
    thanks Ben :)

And sorry to the OP for hi jacking this thread :)

10. Ben-Stoneman

Ben-Stoneman

Services Support

@MrDasixMr

"In my scirpt I'm using rewardedVideoZone (and it works) and you use rewardedVideo. Which is the real zone?"

Both!

You can define the placement ID in your dashboard. The default for a rewarded ad is "rewardedVideo" and the default for a skippable ad is "video".

Please see my attached screenshot. I created a Placement ID to match yours :)

Attached Files:

11. T2GGames

T2GGames

I tried 5.5.1p3 and 5.5.1f1 with the services window integration for Unity Ads. The skippable video ads is fine(I saw a 10 minutes video ad), but award ads's isReady() aways return false. any ideas ?

12. Ben-Stoneman

Ben-Stoneman

Services Support

@hejing1983

Can you please provide me with the script that you use to call Unity ads within your game?