Search Unity

Ads not Showing on Android when device language is set to any right to left language

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by rawna, Nov 29, 2015.

1. rawna

rawna

Hi,

I think the title explain the issue well.

I've tried it on an empty project, and I've tried initializing the ad service by code and by editor.
    both gave the same result

"Advertisment.IsReady()" always return false, and I've tried showing the ad without checking "IsReady()" but as expected the ad didn't show.

I'm using Unity 5.2.1f1, anybody knows if there is any fix or workarounds for this issue.

thanks in advance

2. Nooh

Nooh

Me to

I have same problem !!

3. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Hi!

Can you show me the code where you display/handle the ads?

You can contact me with a private message if necessary.

It will be helpful if you also send me the game IDs for the games in question, and the models of the Android devices you've managed to reproduce this on. A device log would also be helpful.

Meanwhile, I'll try to reproduce what you described. Thank you for your feedback.

Updates:
    So far it didn't reproduce at least on
    - Nexus 7
    - Samsung Galaxy S4

Kind regards,

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

To follow up on this, since it has so far being reported by 3 different users. We haven't been able to reproduce this internally and cannot see anything in our server-side logs, indicating issues with traffic from Arabic countries.

If someone can provide a simple repro case for this, please share with us. Either using Unity Bug Reporter (Help -> Report a bug - send us bug# afterwards) or send to me or @mikaisomaa as PM.

Thanks.

5. rawna

rawna

Hello all,

Sorry for not replying earlier.

Since currently I don't have my development PC with me, I can't give you the game id in question (it's from the client account, which I don't have access to right now). So I'll try to explain my last experiment in as much details as I can.

1- I created a new Unity 5.2.1f1 project (in 2D mode, if it matters).
    2- In the services widow, I linked the project to my ad project and enabled ads (the android game id is 1008082).
    3- I created one scene and added one UI button in it.
    4- I created a monobehaviour called "AdHelper" which have on method called "TestAd()" that contains the code provided in the ad samples tab, to view a rewarded ad.
    5- I added a game object in the scene, called it "blabla", and added the "AdHelper" component to it.
    6- I linked the button click event to the "TestAd" method.
    7- I saved the scene, set the build type to Android, added the scene to the build, and clicked build and run.
    8- On my device (which has it's language set to "English (United States)" at first), the game starts, I press the button, and the ad shows up correctly.
    9- I exit the game, go to Settings -> My Device -> Language and input -> Language -> arabic (which is written in arabic like so "العربية").
    10- I start the game again, wait for a while to make sure the ad service is initialized, click the button, no ad appears.

I'll try to provide the device log tomorrow. my device is Samsung Galaxy S4 Model: GT-19505 Android: 5.0.1. I've also tried it on a friends phone which is Samsung Note 5 and the same issue is there.

and in case it helps, the game in question (not the same as in the experiment above), is already in the play store if you want to test it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.VoidExpress.FlyingSalary&hl=en

(if you want to see the ad, just press the play button, don't do anything till you die, then press the button that appears)

Thanks.

6. Nooh

Nooh

7. jannen

jannen

Unity Technologies

Issue has been reproduced and we are working on a fix. My estimate is that fix will be available next week.

8. jannen

jannen

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Fix took longer than expected but it's now going forwards. Fixed version has been uploaded to Asset Store submission queue. It should be published this week.

Unfortunately getting a fix in the Unity engine might get delayed due to holiday season. If your situation is urgent, you can use the Asset Store package.