Search Unity

Ads not reliably showing for players

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by xofreshxo, Oct 9, 2017.

1. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

We are noticing that some people are getting ads consistently every third death for a few ads (like 3 or 4) and then suddenly they would stop receiving ads while some people never got any ads!

We are running our beta right now for our game and one of the things we wanted to test was the user response to ads except the ads are extremely inconsistent. The way it is in our game currently is that a person would be served an ad every 3rd death in an infinite runner.

Adding some debugging to the builds, we saw that people who didn't receive any ads were not getting Advertisement.IsReady() even with long wait times (My loop would wait up to 15 seconds for Advertisement.IsReady()). We compared two phones on the same wifi, playing at the same time and one continued to get ads while the other phone continued to get that !Advertisement.IsReady().

Is this just a problem with Unity Ads that I can't work around? For testing purposes we waited up to 15 seconds and an ad was not ready! How are we supposed to gauge how much a player would receive an ad if we can't measure it? i.e. some people never see an ad while some people may feel they see too many. I've been hung on this problem for so long and it's a real pain

2. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

Bumping this post because after testing, many users are saying they receive 1 or 2 ads and then nothing for the remainder of the time they would play for the day. I tested this and noticed the same thing, I would see a few Unity Ads and then nothing for the rest of the day. The ads are supposed to show every 3 to 5 deaths... So I'm not sure what is happening.

3. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

The same thing is occurring for Reward Ads.... I add a button to watch a Reward Ad, and it works for some people all the time, but other players cannot click the button because ads never load (Same ones who don't get ads on death, one of them is using ios 9.3.5, not sure if that matters)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  4. elora_k

elora_k

Hi,

I'm really sorry it took us so long to respond to this. We are looking at your ticket now and will help you find the cause of the issue!