Search Unity

Question Ads med not working in 2022.2 ?

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by Somgabor, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Somgabor

Somgabor

Hey folks,

I've been trying everything and read all possible docs about monetization, imported the new(?) Ads pack from package manager, nothing seems to match what's online about how it should be. This is an Android game, tested and registered.

First off, the editor under Services show that the link between the Dashboard project ID and the project itself is successful, but there's no "Ads" sub tab - matter of fact, only a Version control subtab is available.

None of the mediation menu items work, only one that lets me install/update IronForge, that's good, however, nothing else is happening. The ironforge demo scene only throws errors. (Don't know if I even need that - there's Ironforge, LevelPlay)

I would love to initialize the SDK and do all that's written online about how to get it done, but the Unity editor version I'm talking about here is completely ignorant of all, and there's no options to configure anything, since I have no access to the unity mediation menus or any of that.

Is this known, or am I doing something wrong? The documentation is also very confusing, since every unity version uses a new package manager, new built-in packages, many are legacy but good, many are legacy but don't work, many are new but will be deprecated soon, many are deprecated but will be alive again. Monetization needs 31 different SDKs, many of which are obsolete, some are legacy, some will be deprecated soon.

If someone could point me in the direction how to actually get monetization to work in Unity 2022.2 I would really appreciate that. Like step by step - Linking project, then what SDK from where to unlock what's needed..

Thanks so much! :)

2. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Hi @Somgabor,

I am having a hard time understanding your issue, but I can offer some leads.
    First thing, make sure you are using the Ads Mediation package. The Advertisement with Mediation package is in support mode, and we recommend using the former.
    As for how to set it up, you can follow the documentation here: https://developers.is.com/ironsource-mobile/unity/unity-plugin/#step-1
    Your Unity Editor version should be more than fine.
    If you are getting error messages that are unclear, please post them or your logs here and we can take a look.

Cheers! :)