Search Unity

Ads in your game. They worth the annoyance?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Sparticus, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Sparticus

Sparticus

Hey all,

I am creating a game I hope to make money on. I do have in-app purchases, however I see many games have ads that are shown in the game to also help make additional money.

I'm not talking about the very annoying forced ads that play all the time. I'm talking about the games that give you the option to watch an ad... and if you do, you get rewarded with something (in game currency, more lives in the game, etc). I've played these games and the ads are surprisingly not that annoying because you were given the option to watch them... and you know that buy watching the ad you get something in return.

Anyways, my question is, by adding 30 second video advertisements in your game (when a player wishes to watch one) is actually a good source of revenue? I don't want to spend the time programming it into my game and slightly annoy the user if it only brings in a small amount of revenue.

I understand the amount of revenue is clearly based on how many players you have. Lets assume I have created a game that gets over 100k installs

Is it worth it? If so, do you recommend a specific ad network to use?

Thanks!

2. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

No, most people use ad blockers in their browser anyway.

3. Sparticus

Sparticus

Sorry this is for a mobile game, not web

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Joe-Censored likes this.