Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Ads dont show up sometimes when on different internet network

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by UnityProdS, Feb 19, 2024.

1. UnityProdS

UnityProdS

I have successfully implemented Unity Ads. And I have been testing for the past 2-3 weeks in multiple devices and I am getting a very good fill rate, almost 100%.

Last week I happened to be in a different city and tried testing there on my device and some other devices, strangely the ads didn't show up, even on my device which otherwise was all good.

The error I got was "Unity Ads was not able to get current network type due to missing permission".
    I tested on multiple devices including my own. However, in this new place, the ads just didn't show up. I added a few permissions in the AndroidManifest file like below.

Code (CSharp):
    1.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
    2.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />
    Once I published it again on my phone it started showing the ad on my device, however, the ads still didn't show up on other devices.

The question I have is how a change in the Internet network will have an impact on ads not showing up.

I am using:
    1. Unity v 2023.1.7f
    2. Advertisement Legacy: 4.4.2

Thanks for the help.