Search Unity

Ads Don't initialize on iOS, but work on Android

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by figwig, Oct 22, 2019.

1. figwig

figwig

Hi!
    Have had my mobile game out on android for some time now. Have got a hold of a macbook and built a version in xcode. After jumping through a few versions of Unity to make it build (started on 2019.3.0a5, now using 2019.1.14) I've found that ads won't initialize. I get a constant alternating messages in xcode's terminal while running saying:

Unity ads intializing :: game id ***myiosgameid*** :: downloading config from ***unity address*** (this message is what I remember, haven't got my mac with me to get the exact error, will edit when I'm back)

and

"could not signal service com.apple.webkit.networking: 113: could not find specified service" (this I got from my notes, this is exactly what comes out)

The terminal is constantly spitting these out, and ads do not work in the game. In the editor, or android, ads are fine.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Thanks
    Will

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What is the result of IsReady for the ad on the device when you debug? What iPhone model are you testing on, are you using TestFlight? Not necessary, just checking. Make sure you are using the right gameID for iOS, it would be different than the Android version.

3. figwig

figwig

Hi! Very strangely, after days of debugging, ads seem now to be working. But to answer your question - I was never calling isReady on an ad because isInitialized was constantly returning false. Not using test flight, and was tested on a 6 and an X. Yes it was the iOS gameid, not the android one, I did check. If this issue resurfaces (I genuinely just returned to my laptop after 2 days of being away, and it was fixed) I shall comment on this thread. Thank you for being responsive as always!