Search Unity

Ads do not work on Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by kazeookami, Jan 4, 2018.

1. kazeookami

kazeookami

So I made my first app on the Amazon App Store. According to this post that is only 3 weeks old, I can serve ads in an Amazon app but can't advertise my Amazon app.

My adds right now are launched by a simple button. It returns no reward at this time.

It currently works on my android phone, but not my kindle fire. I tried downloading it to my fire both from the amazon app store, and sideloaded directly.

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Should work. Can you provide device log? Use "adb logcat -v time UnityAds:V *:S" to filter Unity Ads SDK related log messages

Thanks,
    Rasmus

3. kazeookami

kazeookami

At the risk of sounding amazingly idiotic. How am I to get these logs from the Kindle Fire?

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

5. kazeookami

kazeookami

That tutorial didn't seem to work. I found a few others that also did not work. But.. I did manage to find some logs that were updating in real time. In those when filtering for UnityAds I found the following that repeats every 110 seconds.

01-04 19:08:19.256 3589-3800/? I/UnityAds: com.unity3d.ads.api.Sdk.logInfo() (line:70) :: Requesting ad plan from https://auction.unityads.unity3d.co...etworkType=0&gamerId=5a4e01ca1eb8a9001778c373
    01-04 19:08:19.917 3589-3800/? I/UnityAds: com.unity3d.ads.api.Sdk.logInfo() (line:70) :: Unity Ads server returned no fill, no ads to show, for placement: video
    01-04 19:08:19.918 3589-3800/? I/UnityAds: com.unity3d.ads.api.Sdk.logInfo() (line:70) :: Unity Ads placement video status set to NO_FILL
    01-04 19:08:19.920 3589-3800/? I/UnityAds: com.unity3d.ads.api.Sdk.logInfo() (line:70) :: Unity Ads server returned no fill, no ads to show, for placement: rewardedVideo
    01-04 19:08:19.921 3589-3800/? I/UnityAds: com.unity3d.ads.api.Sdk.logInfo() (line:70) :: Unity Ads placement rewardedVideo status set to NO_FILL

6. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Thanks. So at least seems it's able to connect to our servers. Please report to unityads-support@unity3d.com, including information about game id and the above device log, so our support can look into it.

/Rasmus

7. kazeookami

kazeookami

Back from Unity Support. They are telling me the ads will not work until Google Play is installed.

So anybody else having similar problems to me, that is the answer I was given.

8. moltow

moltow

@kazeookami Yes, that's my experience as well. Unity Ads don't work on Kindle Fire devices unless the user installs the Google Play Store, which is not easily done. I was quite surprised to see @rasmus-unity say it should work as I've seen several other posts from Unity employees saying it is not supported.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

I use a recently-purchased Kindle Fire HD as my only Android test device, and I'm able to see Unity Ads while testing (although sometimes an ad won't show up and I have no idea why, but that happens in general).

I gather from the link in the original post that ads should show up on Kindle Fires, they just won't generate any revenue without Google Play installed (so I guess there's no point).

Edit: Actually, the phrasing in the linked article is kind of confusing: "unless the user has access to Google Play"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2018
  10. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

11. LeahHodges

LeahHodges

The app on the mobile phone is good, but for me, it is not comfortable to read on a mobile phone or a tablet. That's why I bought myself a Kindle. I decided to buy a Kindle because I noticed how much space occupied my books. I live in a small apartment so I decided to economies some space and buy an e-book. It was very hard for me to choose an e-book, after all, I choose Kindle, but there appeared another problem. I had to choose between kindle vs kindle paperwhite. I found a site that numbers all the characteristics of both and after I read all the information I decide who won in the battle Kindle vs Kindle Paperwhite for me.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020