Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ads are being received but not showing up outside editor

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by SuperStingray, Jun 15, 2019.

1. SuperStingray

SuperStingray

Hi,

I'm trying to put ads to my game, but I can't seem to get them to appear in a proper build. The test ads show up just fine in the editor, but when I run on iPhone or Android, they don't appear at all. I've done the following steps:
    • Activated Unity Ads service
    • Downloaded and imported Unity Ads 3.1.0
    • Disabled "built-in ads extension" option
    • Activated test mode
    • Calling Advertisement.Initialize with correct game ids as shown on Dashboard
    • Calling Advertisement.Banner.Show and Advertisement.Show with correct placement ids as shown on Dashboard
    • Using basic code structure outlined on https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/unity/integration-guide-unity#implementing-banner-ads
    • Created and enabled ad placements on Dashboard
    According to the xCode log data, it seems to be getting the data correctly, but I don't see it on my phone.
    I/UnityAds: +[USRVApiSdk WebViewExposed_logInfo:callback:] (line:58) :: AdPlan received with 1 campaigns and refreshDelay 3600

Can anyone help me with this? Am I missing any steps.

EDIT: Also, I'm using version 2019.1.6f1

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@SuperStingray

For banner ads, I would recommend calling Banner.Load first, then once you want to display the banner, you can check Banner.isLoaded. You might still get a No Fill, but that should show up in the log and it means that everything is integrated correctly, but there wasn't a banner ad available at that time.

For video ads, availability shouldn't be a concern. Are you calling IsReady before you attempt to show the ad? Would you be able to share the exact script you are using to show ads?