Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Adobe Fuse CC Character in Unity 2018.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesArndt, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Barry100

Barry100

Used fuse for all of the models in my game which is on Steam Linx Battle Arena. Used the old and new versions of Fuse.

http://www.linxbattlearena.com/

wetcircuit likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Great use case!! but, you should try to go to the..'next level'.

me, I try to change any fuse identifiable "stuff"..like that jacket.
    Don't be afraid to design your own leather, experiment a little ;-)

got 8 bucks, and some kind of normal creator?
    https://gumroad.com/l/ClothJR

p-

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2019
  3. Player7

Player7

Can't help but think Unity should have bought fuse and done super duper great integration not friggin adobe

hopeful likes this.
  4. neoshaman

neoshaman

Well I can agree with that, also someone should do a poor version of marvelous software to create cloth in unity. Fuse don't solve the clothing conundrum. I mean duplicate mesh is nice workflow and all, but we are in the era of actual cloth fold :p.

hopeful likes this.
  5. Player7

Player7

yeah clothing is important... but lets not forget hairfx either

6. neoshaman

neoshaman

Yeah but aside from some type of hair I'm researching, I feel like hair is fairly ... covered :D, though a nice tools that find the right styling abstraction would do great, I found one paper on something that was promising, much much better than the stupid combing spline typically in use, but it was patented and no one cared because of that. Basically you could extrude face into volume, and partially split the volume easily along the extrusion, which made it very fast to create hair styling, the hair volume could then be used a generator, very neat, but still very patented RIP :rolleyes:

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fuse.

It's what you make, with it.

Not, what it makes, for you.

:)

p-

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2019
    wetcircuit likes this.
  8. zenGarden

zenGarden

Is that for a mobile game ? many parts looks low poly , cloth looks strange like clay, normal map look noisy and not like fabric materials.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  9. Player7

Player7

yeah but he has a lens flare behind him and a cigar.. No cares about minor details like "many parts looks low poly , cloth looks strange like clay, normal map look noisy and not like fabric materials." ... this can all be solved with RTX on and some special AI assisted make this S*** look better than it was originally made filter.

10. neoshaman

neoshaman

But not yet (for dnn filter), but then you wouldn't need fuse and 3dcc texture (that aren't albedo anyway, the shadow on the eyes is a nono).

Also RT don't solve bad geometry and silhouette.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

updated pic.better?

Yes, and it's just the first iteration..I see the defects you see, and I am on it, fine tuning materials, sculpting, new normals.

Its a flight game, you'll barely see the guy :-(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2019
  12. zenGarden

zenGarden

RTX is not magic that get photo scan materials for you, would magically add clothes like Marvel designer to the mesh, or would sculpt better mesh details like Zbrush and would bake that for you LOL

I'm not saying it's bad, just saying if you aim at ultra realistic like triple A games, it will need lot more work.
    While it's good for an indie low poly game.

It's Naughty Dog, but this gives you an example about polycount, textures and shader quality needed to get something like triple A games. Fuse will give you only a very basic start, most things you'll have to redo or add yourself if you aim for this quality.

And fabric detail textures

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  13. Player7

Player7

:eek: Get out .. jk

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks, it is my first 'real' try at using fuse from a 'concept'.
    Gathering some reference photo's, and practiced on trying to do the best I can, with a budget under 10 bucks!! way too long though..
    Almost a week, off and on, for the plane and character. Initial concept to "in the air".

p-
    :

Concept

Final

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2019
    wetcircuit likes this.
  15. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

;) But does this even need to be said? Isn't this the case for everything in Unity? … or 3D in general? … or life…?

It's more or less what I said before, the idea that a game will need 50 different soldiers and you will stamp them out of Fuse isn't really how it ends up working.... You invest in pro tools, you get better at integrating various systems, you add your own touches…. You develop a workflow to bring the figure through different processes. Even as an indy, this happens fairly soon and you realize it isn't about that 1-program-to-rule-them-all. You just want a basemesh that's consistent and adaptable, hopefully that uses industry standards to minimize import/export hurdles.

Fera_KM and neoshaman like this.
  16. zenGarden

zenGarden

You made changes ? The scarf does not look the same color as character skin, it looks great quality with better textures and colors. Anyway you achieved realistic enough result for a first try.

Sure, for higher quality Fuse is only the starting base.

17. zenGarden

zenGarden

The most advanced and feature complete seems to be Character Creator 3.
    It has more features and tools than other character tools, for example many LOD, materials grouping , sculpt tool to refine surfaces and more.

18. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Except, if you have any experience with Reallusion you learn to read the fine print.

A quick perusal of their forums says no "morphs" exports (not even blendshapes for lipsync or expressions?), limited skin choices(?), and as usual "pro" exports (out of their ecosystem) are only available by buying other software. Certain features are scheduled, but I waited for almost a full year for an update on one of their products so I would not spend money at their store until the program is feature complete.

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

read further..

"you have to ask for permission to put in a game, which uses assets created with CC3 on any distribution platform, AND you have to give them credit"

Notice for developers or vendors using Reallusion, or 3rd-party content for mass distribution including game titles, apps, online services or kiosk for, but not limited to various platforms: PC,Mac, mobile and game consoles -- To get the free mass distribution rights for using Reallusion content, developers and vendors must first register their game or application information with Reallusion (please contact marketing@reallusion.com), in order to receive the license agreement letter. Please provide evidence of using Reallusion content in your project or products (such as product or service page URL, or credit announcement) and confirm if the credit disclosure is included.

YEAH RIGHT!!!!

..hmmm,
    no thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2019
    wetcircuit likes this.
  20. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

:eek: omg WHAAAAA???

They have final approval on all your projects?! LOLOLOL :rolleyes:

neoshaman likes this.