Search Unity

Admob vs Unity Ads' 'Unified Auction'

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by reese015, May 31, 2020.

1. reese015

reese015

Most ads served in top grossing mobile games seem to come from Admob and most Reddit/forum posts on the subject seem to indicate that Admob most often yields the best results revenue-wise (not always but that seems to be the general consensus).

How is this possible if Unity stated (at least in 2018) that their own Unity Ads use a Unified Auction system in partnership with Google to include Google Ads as well? In theory, this would mean Unity Ads integration should work just as well or even better but, judging by what people are saying, this is not the case? Has Unity's partnership with Google on this just not worked out as well? There seems to be little to no information or discussion on this. Or am I missing something like perhaps Unity's Unified Auction does not include Admob's interstitial video ads?

Sidenote: I know the best way to go would be with a good mediation setup but Admob seems to cover most of the ads that get served and has its own mediation system as well, so I'm assuming that a good way to start is with basic Admob integration and then experiment with adding other networks (such as Unity Ads) through its mediation system. Does this make sense?

matronator and JustAnotherDude like this.
  2. JustAnotherDude

JustAnotherDude

I'm going to drop using Unity Ads and use only Admob on my game today.

Maybe if you have a load of DAU mediation might bring better results, but I used Mopub with lots of companies (applovin, admob, ironsource, etc...) for a few months with 1000+ DAU and Admob revenue was far superior to any other source, even Unity.

That does makes me question the same thing as you;

"if Unity stated (at least in 2018) that their own Unity Ads use a Unified Auction system in partnership with Google to include Google Ads as well? In theory, this would mean Unity Ads integration should work just as well or even better"

That really doesn't seem to be the case, Unity Ads eCPM is around $1 to $3 and Admob eCPM was around $6 to $8 for me.

The lack of proper information really hurts and I'm dropping Unity Ads, also, the new dashboard stopped working for me, I only get blank pages and I can't even see anymore how much I'm making with Unity Ads.