Search Unity

Admob Unity Package that work with Unity 3.2 above

Discussion in 'Android' started by MicroEyes, Mar 8, 2013.

?

Are you Satisfy with this Plugin Tutorial

1. Yes

66.9%
  2. No

8.0%
  3. Not Completely

25.1%
  1. Reizla

Reizla

What's the minimum Android version requirement for this plugin anyway? The one Google has made has a minimum of Android version 3.2 (or 3.3). Does your plugin work with ANY version of Android, as long as Unity can compile it?

2. Jeremie-Weldin

Jeremie-Weldin

Is there any update on this? It would be great to be able to use ads AND leaderboards :)

3. Simon_says

Simon_says

I'm having a problem with the publisher id... I'm using the unity 4.3 and ads sdk 6.4.1, I've set my id like this ca-app-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX and even like this XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX yet nothing worked... old 15 char id works...

Those who faced the same problem, could you tell me how to make it working? Thanks.

4. overfile

overfile

Your Package is amazing! Well, I posted my game with your Package, of course show up in credits, D, you can see how it looks Here.

$imagen1.jpg

For Spanish (a friend asked me) I made a tutorial on how to use the package, you can see it Here. Kind regards!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  5. Jeremie-Weldin

Jeremie-Weldin

6. Jeremie-Weldin

Jeremie-Weldin

7. Reizla

Reizla

Have tried to get it working today myself. Here's the code I used:

Code (csharp):
    2.         #if UNITY_ANDROID
    3.         AdvertisementHandler.Instantiate("ca-app-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX",
    4.                                          AdvertisementHandler.AdvSize.SMART_BANNER,
    5.                                          AdvertisementHandler.AdvOrientation.HORIZONTAL,
    6.                                          AdvertisementHandler.Position.BOTTOM,
    7.                                          AdvertisementHandler.Position.FILL_HORIZONTAL,
    8.                                          false,
    9.                                          "E83D20734F72FB3108F104ABC0FFC738",
    10.                                          AdvertisementHandler.AnimationInType.NO_ANIMATION,
    11.                                          AdvertisementHandler.AnimationOutType.NO_ANIMATION,
    12.                                          AdvertisementHandler.LevelOfDebug.NONE);
    13.         AdvertisementHandler.EnableAds();
    14.         #endif
    [EDIT]
    Wrong word of choice 'tried to get it working' - it is working :D

8. Jeremie-Weldin

Jeremie-Weldin

If you want to use this plugin along with the Play Game Services plugin, then you need to do the following:
    1.) Unzip the google-play-services.jar file.
    2.) Delete the com/google/ads directory.
    3.) Delete the com/google/android/gms/ads directory.
    4.) Using command line or terminal, change into the unzipped directory.
    5.) Run the command 'jar -cfv google-play-services.jar *'
    6.) Replace the copy of google-play-services.jar in your Unity project with the newly created one.
    7.) Profit

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  9. Simon_says

Simon_says

Anyone? I'm about to publish my game but I can't until I make this working...

10. Reizla

Reizla

Look 3 replies up ;-)

11. Simon_says

Simon_says

When using my ca-app-pub unit ID I can't see my ads when I run it, but in admob it says that ads were requested from my country( http://i.imgur.com/LnbDNuT.jpg ), also ads are shown if I change my IP to russian or so, why is that so? When I'm using the pub id given in this plugin I can see ads(I'm from Croatia)

12. Reizla

Reizla

When I activated my Admob account, there was a list of countries that were 'supported' by Admob. You're sure that Croatia is on that list? Further more, I think the problem is clearly not the script since on a Russian IP you're getting the ads. Perhaps you should contact Admob support about your issue?

13. remingtonchan

remingtonchan

Just have to ask, what's the attachment for? Is that the result of the process above?

14. Simon_says

Simon_says

When I call for EnableAds() my fps in game suddenly drops on 5 for a few seconds, same as calling DisableAds(). Am I missing something and is there some way to optimize it?

15. Shory90

Shory90

Reizla

#if UNITY_ANDROID

AdvertisementHandler.Instantiate("ca-app-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX",

AdvertisementHandler.AdvSize.SMART_BANNER,

AdvertisementHandler.AdvOrientation.HORIZONTAL,

AdvertisementHandler.Position.BOTTOM,

AdvertisementHandler.Position.FILL_HORIZONTAL,

false,

"E83D20734F72FB3108F104ABC0FFC738",

AdvertisementHandler.AnimationInType.NO_ANIMATION,

AdvertisementHandler.AnimationOutType.NO_ANIMATION,

AdvertisementHandler.LevelOfDebug.NONE);

AdvertisementHandler.EnableAds();

#endif

where did you put that code?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  16. whistler

whistler

Hi there,

first of all I really thank for this package.

But why do we need telephone state permission?
    "<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>"

I got a lot of complaits for this permission request. Even this permission request alone "alienate" people, they become paranoid and they do give up an dont install our apps.

I tried removing "<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>" in android manifest file, but my application stops afterwards.

I have to remove this permission because people do afraid because of this permission,
    A quick search on google can prove this also.

have a look at these links:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.ne.neko.freewing.ReadPhoneState&hl=en

and especially here :
    http://android.stackexchange.com/qu...-permission-to-read-the-phone-state-and-ident

"Google Play policy now forbids apps from getting your IMEI to identify you for advertising purposes. All the ad libraries have been updated now to use the Google-Play-Services-provided "advertising ID", so any that still use the IMEI for this purpose should be reported to Google."

I dont want to be banned from google : )

since there are tons of application which use admob and they dont need this telephone.state permission. so why do we need that permission?

people get paranoid and our application downloads suffer hugely for this permission request.

can we remove that "android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" for good?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  17. Reizla

Reizla

In my main game script under Start(). The Instantiate() should only be called once, and that's why I put it there (could also drop it under Awake() though)

The AdvertisementHandler.EnableAds() can be put everywhere, but because I'm not toggling ads on/off, I dropped it directly under the Instantiate().

18. tezt

tezt

I'm having strange issue when using this plugin. I'm trying to implement pausing/resuming in my game by using OnApplicationPause and it seems to work fine if I comeback to the game through list of recent apps (on Android) but when I click on the icon through home screen it relaunches the game instead of resuming. I tried to remove your plugin and it works fine. Is there any solution for that ?

19. Shory90

Shory90

thanks Rezila
    i have the id only with pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    is not like yours "ca-app-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX"
    cand this be a problem because it didnt show the ads.
    I want to tell that i dont know where to find my test device ID. Can this be a problem? if YES, where i can find this ID
    thanks a lot

20. Reizla

Reizla

First the test device. That's in the code I posted, right under false. When using the test device you have to chance false to true as well (that's the testing toggle).

Then the ca-app-pub... thing. the pub-... you have is on your general Admob account (upper right on my screen). On the ad you make you should find the ca-app-pub... identifier (under menu All apps -> YourGame)..

21. castielblak

castielblak

Version of Unity : 4.3.0f4
    AdmobSDK : 6.3.0

22. demilp

demilp

Is it possible that my publisher ID is 16 characters and all numbers?

23. itsboshytime

itsboshytime

Hey there. Plugin is working great. Only issue is the read phone state one? Any way to diable it without crashing my game? Removing it from manifest crashes the game.

Thanks!

24. MicroEyes

MicroEyes

You should put ca-app-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/NNNNNNNNNN.

25. MicroEyes

MicroEyes

Hey,
    Yeah thats a bug. I am going to fix this in next version. For now its harmless. I am using it to get Device ID @ runtime.

26. Reizla

Reizla

I love your plugin MicroEyes. At least yours works with 2D toolkit, while the official AdMob plugin from Google doesn't.

Any chance for an iOS version any time soon?

27. whistler

whistler

Pleaseeee fix this :(

It really matters, and it is really harmful. People do scare and dont install our apps because of this permission request.

here is what I wrote about this issue on page 16 of this thread:

that is really important.

thank you very much in adv.

28. Tayfe

Tayfe

First: Thank you for this plugin and for sharing it for free! I made a new game and now im trying to use it :)

But i have an issue: Are you using a GUI.Matrix? Since i installed the plugin my buttons are placed very strange and i have no idea why. Before i used your plugin the GUI worked fine. Maybe you have got an idea how i could solve this problem? Everything else works fine so far :)

Oh and there is another question: Some people claim that there arent adds in every scene so that they should DontDestroyOnLoad(). My problem is just the other way around: I have two scenes and added the prefab to the first but there are adds in the second scene as well and i have problems removing them ...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  29. Eldirfar

Eldirfar

Just call Disable ads before loading new scene.

30. Simon_says

Simon_says

When I call for EnableAds() my fps in game suddenly drops on 5 for a few seconds, same as calling DisableAds(). Am I missing something and is there some way to optimize it?

31. Tayfe

Tayfe

Thank you, i will do so!

But i just noticed another issue: I added AdvertisementHandler.EnableAds() into my start-function and 2 of 3 buttons disappeared and the positioning changed as well. So now i have even more positioning problems in my GUI ...

32. aixaix

aixaix

Ok, this problem might have already been in th ecomments, but i'm getting this error as i start the game

Code (csharp):
    2. Exception: JNI: Init'd AndroidJavaClass with null ptr!
    3. UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass..ctor (IntPtr jclass) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:539)
    4. UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.get_JavaLangClass () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:517)
    5. UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.FindClass (System.String name) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:508)
    6. UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass._AndroidJavaClass (System.String className) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:528)
    7. UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass..ctor (System.String className) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/EditorGenerated/AndroidJava.cs:92)
    8. AdvertisementHandler.Instantiate (System.String pubID, AdvSize advSize, AdvOrientation advOrient, Position position_1, Position position_2, Boolean isTesting, System.String testDeviceId, AnimationInType animIn, AnimationOutType animOut, LevelOfDebug levelOfDebug) (at Assets/Scripts/Mics/Advertisement/AdvertisementHandler.cs:87)
    9. AdvertisementManager.Start () (at Assets/Scripts/Mics/Advertisement/AdvertisementManager.cs:167)
    And when i click Enable on the buttons that appear on the screen, it'll tell me this:
    Code (csharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    3. AdvertisementHandler.EnableAds () (at Assets/Scripts/Mics/Advertisement/AdvertisementHandler.cs:100)
    4. AdvertisementManager.OnGUI () (at Assets/Scripts/Mics/Advertisement/AdvertisementManager.cs:16)

33. sokolmkd

sokolmkd

Hello Sir,
    First of all thank you for helping us a lot with the ads and your plugin is amazing!
    I have a question, we have problems integrating the admob plugin and google play services. We researched the problem and it turned out that those two plugins can not be in the same file. So i am asking you how to do this and how to transform you plugin to work with that since the solution is one line of code but we do not know where to edit that. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19721158/utilize-both-play-services-and-admob-sdk
    and here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...dmobadssdk-6-4-1-jar-and-google-play-services

34. nggb

nggb

Hello,
    First, thanks for the plug-in. I'm trying to put this in my game. The ads shows up and all, but I have no idea if it's actually registering or not. Normal ads shows up regardless of "Testing Mode" is on or not. Looking into my logcat says nothing about the deviceID of my device (I turn debugging to FLOOD even). So my question is, how do I find this device ID to enable to the test Ads so that I can test click on it to make sure it works.

btw, I also tried to get my deviceID from other source, then MD5 hash it and put it in your plugin. Didn't seem like it makes any difference.
    Thanks.

EDIT: I decided to go with a different solution. But thank you nonetheless for a great plugin.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  35. Eldirfar

Eldirfar

Can you say what one?

36. DannyDan2468

DannyDan2468

Hi there!

I compiled a new java package for the admob stuff WITHOUT the need of the READ_PHONE_STATE permission. I also used the new admob package GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-6.4.1.
    Because I dont know when MicroEyes is releasing a new package without the need of the READ_PHONE_STATE permission, I thought I check out his project and change the stuff myself.
    You only need to change the two jar files in your assets/plugins/android dir, comment the line with the phone_state permission in the manifest and use the two new cs files.
    I made a zip with all changed files.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Hope anybody can use this too.

Attached Files:

37. Reizla

Reizla

Cool! Thanks. I'll use it later today for my own game (under development) and give feedback then.

[EDIT]

Had time to test is, but on my system it's not working :s

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  38. DannyDan2468

DannyDan2468

What do you mean on your system? Do you get an error? Isnt the Ad showing in your app?!?

39. MaZy

MaZy

I get this always.

Code (csharp):
    2. Exception: JNI: Init'd AndroidJavaClass with null ptr!
    3. UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass..ctor (IntPtr jclass) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:539)
    4. UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.get_JavaLangClass () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:517)
    5. UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.FindClass (System.String name) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:508)
    6. UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass._AndroidJavaClass (System.String className) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:528)
    7. UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass..ctor (System.String className) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/EditorGenerated/AndroidJava.cs:92)
    8. AdMobPlugin.SetCallbackHandlerName (System.String callbackHandlerName) (at Assets/Plugins/AdMobPlugin/AdMobPlugin.cs:69)
    9. AdMobPlugin.Awake () (at Assets/Plugins/AdMobPlugin/AdMobPlugin.cs:38)
    I even tried with this link: https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-plugins I never get a ad :/

40. seawolfff

seawolfff

I used your files and ads are working but I can't click the ads. Should this work? can you help me

SOLVED: this helps http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/195169-Google-Admob-plugin-for-Unity-ad-is-not-clickable

I just had this problem again after the 4.3 update and fixed it. I had to edit the manifest and change which Activity the ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik was called from due to a change in Unity 4.3.

Move the line:
    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDal vik" android:value="true" />

To the activity UnityPlayerProxyActivity. Aka right before the line with </Activity> like this:

Code:
    <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerProxyActivity" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen" android:screenOrientation="landscape">

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />

</intent-filter>

<meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />

</activity>

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  41. itsboshytime

itsboshytime

So it's confirmed this is not working with Google Services? I'd like to implement leaderboards and achievements but I won't start until i know if it works or not.

42. Simon_says

Simon_says

Does anyone else feel fps drops when ads are enabled/disabled?

43. MicroEyes

MicroEyes

After testing Set plugin DebugLevel to Low from Editor.

44. MicroEyes

MicroEyes

Hi Simon_says,
    After testing Set plugin DebugLevel to Low from Editor.

Is this happening only when calling EnableAds/DisableAdvs OR keep droping after EnableAdv().?

45. Adrian-Lungu

Adrian-Lungu

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue with clicking the ads, it doesn't work.

46. MFen

MFen

Is this package usable in editor or on Android device only?

I am received this message:

$errorMessage.png

47. Eldirfar

Eldirfar

Please read previous posts. This question was asked few times. YES, it's only works on Android devices.

@MicroEyes
    When you are planning to release new version without read phone permission?

48. Gentleman Johnson

Gentleman Johnson

This thread can get a bit confusing, so I just wanted to confirm that I successfully have ads working, no read phone state permission, in combination with using the Google play services plug-in.

Steps

• Download the original plug-in
    • Apply the READ_PHONE_STATE patch by DannyDan2468, Page 17
    • Apply the ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik fixby seawolfff, Page 17
    • Follow the instructions by Jeremie Weldin Page 16 to modify your google-play-services.jar
    • Put your AD UNIT ID from ad mob in the Publisher Id field of the AdvertisementManager

The jar fix step was a bit confusing for me. Do ONE of the following
    a) Set up your Google play unity plug-in first, which will generate the jar in your Unity project. Apply the patch to THIS jar
    b) Go to your android SDK and edit the jar there BEFORE you set up the unity plug-in. Setup of the unity plug-in will copy the jar from your android SDK into your unity project.

Hats off to MicroEyes and the other contributers above! Admob ads and Google play services in my game is a go!

49. Prabir

Prabir

Hey Micro eye Thanks for this great plugin, really helpful, Tried many other plugins , but all are quite complicated or less control, but this one got many options yet so simple to implement.

Just have one issue, my Ads are not refreshing at all, at first i thought it may be due to the Refresh rate setting at Admob, but i changed it to 20 Sec, but still nothing, Ads is not at all refreshing. Did i miss something. Please help me check.

50. Simon_says

Simon_says

It drops only when calling EnableAds/DisableAdvs, it's noticable on weaker devices only, but still it's a problem for me.