Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

admob problem with ios live apps

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by markknoffer, Mar 13, 2021.

1. markknoffer

markknoffer

hello,

i have the problem that my admob ads do not show up in live versions of the ios app after three of my apps went live.

i have published the android apps in play store. here everything is working fine and admob ads do show up and have normal fill rates (~50-80%).

but the ios apps do not display the admob ads. i have tried using the admob test ids and did test builds in xcode ro my test device. with test ids the admob test ads do show up. but with my correct admob ad-ids they do not.

i see adrequest for various countries for each of the three recently published ios apps, but there are zero matched showable impressions. also when i download the app directly from my iphone and also test wise from another iphone, the admob ads do not show up.

other networks lower in the app mediation settings like unity-ads or chartboost (i am not using admob mediation, this is set directly in the app) do show up in live app and also on test build.

my question is is this normal? is there a longer delay until admob ads show up to recently published ios apps? i did not get error codes when building and would say that i did all settings (cocoapods admob sdk installation in xcode) correctly.

hope somebody can help me.

all the best,
    mark

2. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @markknoffer unfortunately we can't offer much help here as AdMob is run by Google. We don't have a lot of insight into the inner workings of their SDK.

unityunity