Search Unity

AdMob HUGE RPM drop!

Discussion in 'Android' started by dariuszpietrala, Jan 3, 2017.

1. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

Did anybody noticed RPM drop in AdMob latelly? After Christmas maybe? It dropped to 60% of the recent RPM (still dropping)... The worst thing is that Match rate dropped from 85% average (which was kind of low i think) to <70%, and with banner 50%! So the ad request RPM dropped almost 50%! I earn money only in January and February basically so this will probably "kill" me. All other numbers are OK i think, still getting the requests I should (now its 300k a day), the CTR is a bit low, but with that CTR I used to get >50% higher RPM. I'm still waiting for an answer from AdMob support...

I use Prime31's plugin. I made an update in November but everything was OK, and 80% of the devices had the newest version by half of December.

I have a ski jumping game so every year the RPM went up after Christmas. It's a winter game so I think the RPM should be higher this time of year. And it was, every year, till now...

In other words:
    BEFORE CHRISTMAS:
    - requests higher then last year
    - revenue proportionally higher
    AFTER CHRISTMAS:
    - requests much higher then last year
    - revenue more then 2x less then last year!!!

1. They made some changes latelly, can this be the cause?
    2. Maybe it's the new year and some lags in data?
    3. Is there any possible way that I will get some help from AdMob team? Did they actually helped anybody here?

I know there are other networks but I make games by myself and it's very convinient to use only AdMob. Specially that there was no problem in 4 years...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

If anybody was interested how Google can destroy your business here you go:

Image deleted because of Adsense Terms :(

This happened right after Christmas... I only earn in January and February so I got nothing to loose, enjoy ;)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  3. fzdravko

fzdravko

I noticed that AdMob about the same time (around Christmas) started more aggressively to remove clicks (that he thinks are false) and my earning droped more than 2x. I didn't change anything on my side (app was updated two months ago).

dariuszpietrala likes this.
  4. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

Got an email from another polish developer and: first week of 2017 = 50% of the revenue... And something weird is happening to the CTR. No changes made recently, so the app works like always did.

5. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

WARNING for anybody that want to use AdMob!
    Don't do it. I've been doing it for few years right now. You never know what the RPM will be. The drop few weeks ago basically makes no sense. But lets just consider that it happened. That's not the worst part. The Match Rate for banner is now 40%!!! In normal countries. This combined with the RPM drop is like 75% revenue drop. And it happened in few days. And now the worst part. NO SUPPORT AT ALL!!! They don't respond to messages. I got one reply saying that it is normal after Christmas. Well it's not. Never happened before. If they're saying that everything is OK, they're basically saying that they are not able to provide ad units for people to earn money.

My only advice for anybody considering going with AdMob is to spend a few days and go with something else. Try maybe rewarded ads from Unity or something similar.