Search Unity

Question Admob ad unit linkage

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by pcg, Feb 10, 2022.

1. pcg

pcg

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me understand how an ad unit defined in Unity dashboard is linked to an Admob Ad Unit.
    Lets say in unity dashboard I create an Ad Unit with with a name of Admob_Android_Interstitial_GameOver. This name is used as the Ad Unit ID.
    Then in Admob I create an Ad Unit with the same name and it is given an Ad Unit ID of ca-app-pub-xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxx.

How are the ad units linked by name or am I doing this wrong?

Note: I can't add an ad unit in Unity Dashboard that contains "/" so I can't create a like for like Ad Unit ID.

Edit:
    Sorry its the "/" that unity dashboard objects to not the "-" as originally posted. Edited to reflect correct details.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  2. pcg

pcg

If I'm understanding the documentation correctly, the AdUnitID in the unity dashboard should reflect the AdUnitID in Admob but this is not possible because it won't allow me to add a "/" in the Unity Dashboard.

Error.PNG

3. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Hi @pcg ,
    The Ad Unit ID will be linked to a waterfall, the waterfall will contain line items. When adding a line item, you will need to specify an ad network, and the identifier for the ad. This is where you want to place your admob ad id.

The Ad Unit ID you set will be used in reporting on the dashboard, and for loading an ad unit in your code.

Don't hesitate if you have other questions :)

pcg likes this.
  4. pcg

pcg

I've got it - great. Thanks for your help.

jcGrenier likes this.