Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Feedback AdMob Ad Source set up

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by Delcasda, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Delcasda

Delcasda

Hi,
    today I started to set up ad sources to my project and AdColony took me a couple of minutes but I couldn't finish AdMob.

For AdMob I was able to get the Client ID, Client Secret and Publisher ID but the nightmare started when trying to get the Refresh token at Google's APIS and Service Manager. There I tried to follow your guide https://docs.unity.com/mediation/AdSourceSetupAdMob.htm where I was asked for the following:
    1. confirm my web domain by adding a TXT record to my DNS provider
    2. follow this steps https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/9110914?hl=en#how-smooth&zippy=,how-can-i-make-sure-the-verification-process-is-as-streamlined-as-possible where one of them is "Please include a YouTube link to a demo video demonstrating the OAuth grant process by users and explaining, in detail, the usage of sensitive and restricted scopes within the app's functionality for each OAuth client belonging to the project."
      • Note that the video should clearly show the app's details such as the app name, OAuth client ID, and so on. For multiple client IDs, the demo video should show usage of sensitive and restricted scopes on each client.
      • Including the video along with the verification request will speed up the approval process significantly.
      • Note that approval will not be granted if scope usage on each OAuth client ID is not adequately explained. Additionally, if any of your OAuth clients in the project requesting verification are not ready for testing, we will be unable to complete our review and your request will be rejected. We require that you separate your test and production projects and move OAuth clients still in development into a test project before requesting verification. Your apps will be thoroughly reviewed by our teams."

3. I was told "The review process can take up to 6 weeks. Thanks for your patience during this period."
    So my question is ,is this really necessary? I know you are not Google but I have set up Admob for mediation with Appodeal and none of this was required. Am I doing something wrong here?
    admob.png

PS: I was able to confirm my domain adding the TXT DNS record but the youtube video is a deal breaker for me

2. jonathan_rene

jonathan_rene

Unity Technologies

Hello Delcasda,

My understanding from the steps 1 and 2 you are being asked to do is that you are trying to verify your consent screen from Google right?

This shouldn't be necessary.
    This verification process shouldn't be required if you did not provided any "restricted" scope or a logo. Once the ClientID and ClientSecret generated and your consent screen is published you should be able to use them in the Playground.

To investigate it, can you provide the Verification status of you consent screen like below?
    upload_2021-11-16_16-53-55.png

Thank you.

3. Nabeel_Kamboh

Nabeel_Kamboh

Unity Technologies

Hi Delcasda

During the step 6 in the unity documentation when you are registering the app, you do not have to fill out the section for scopes and test users, you can just click save and continue to complete the process.
    You will only need to go through the google verification process if you select specific scopes.

upload_2021-11-16_16-52-45.png

4. CyborgAmy

CyborgAmy

Unity Technologies

Hi Delcasda,

Not sure if you are still going through the Admob set up, but wanted to let you know we just released an update such that you can use oauth to connect to your Admob account. There should now be a "Sign In with Google" button visible when you set up or edit Admob in the ad source page. If you do try it out, please let us know how it went!

5. Delcasda

Delcasda

Hi, thanks for the follow up. Yes, I used the Sign In With Google option and was able to finish the set up. I don't see any waterfall associated with Admob but I suppose I need to set up that somewhere else,right?

6. CyborgAmy

CyborgAmy

Unity Technologies

Hi Delcasda,

That's great to hear the Sign In with Google option worked out well! The next step will be to specify which waterfalls you wish to include Admob line items in.

In the dashboard, make sure you have selected the appropriate project. Then navigate to "Waterfalls" under Project Overview. Select the desired waterfall, and click "Add Line Item" --> "Admob", and enter in the line item details. More information can be found in our documentations page here.

Let me know if you have other questions!

7. unity_jialingxie

unity_jialingxie

Unity Technologies

Hi Delcasda! Great to hear from you and happy to see your question is answered by our team above.

This is Jialing, your dedicated resources for Monetization. I've been trying to reach out to you via the email address you have left on the monetization dashboard but the emails were not able to get delivered. Please feel free to let me know if you need any additional help on reviewing your Mediation setup. You can reach me at jlx@unity3d.com. Thank you!