Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Bug AdminAPI.CloudCode.CreateModule() "no multipart boundary param in Content-Type"

Discussion in 'Cloud Code' started by BackgroundMover, May 6, 2024.

1. BackgroundMover

BackgroundMover

Can anyone state they got cloud module creation working through the services API package?

I'm getting an error that seems related to POST request formatting when uploading a file. Specifically, in the com.unity.services.apis package, using an ServicesAPI.CreateAdminClient(). I'm passing my file as a FileStream.

The error I'm getting is
    no multipart boundary param in Content-Type

Which I added manually but then had trouble with buffer sizes. Anyway, it seems beyond the scope of user code and more like a package-level thing

2. GabKBelmonte

GabKBelmonte

Unity Technologies

Hi,

May I ask why you're not using the CLI for this task , or the deployment window and its modules integration (this will help inform decisions and figure out what use-cases there are, what we're doing right/wrong)?

Also, all deployment logic is accessible via the method described here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/deployment-callbacks.1519876/#post-9512809

Which might be useful for you to leverage if you're creating tooling from code.

You're using this package? https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.services.apis@0.1/manual/index.html

I'll check with the package owner if so, that package is still in experimental state.

Gab

Last edited: May 7, 2024
  3. BackgroundMover

BackgroundMover

Hi, exactly what I am doing is making a middleware, distributed as a Package (hopefully on the asset store some day). The goal is to ingest traffic in my UGS cloud, and route it to the approriate user's editor via a call to their SendProjectMessage().

For not using the CLI, I don't want to ask the user to browse the web to download/install it. I also don't think a user would accept me including an exe in the package and trying to run it automatically.

Thank you for the forum post you linked, I was able to programatically use Deployment without the user needing to navigatge to the deployment window. I'm trying for as few onboarding clicks as possible. That capability would be good for the deployment team to have in the documentation I think.

4. GabKBelmonte

GabKBelmonte

Unity Technologies

Yep, next release of Deployment.API aims to address something like that and other user feedback.

We're also considering releasing the admin APIs as NuGet packages for use in tooling outside of unity, do you have any thoughts

If you have an idea of what you'd like the API to look like, I would also incorporate that feedback into the design.

Cheers