Search Unity

Bug Addrssables do not build properly for Android in Unity 2021

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by OrderOfOut, Mar 4, 2023.

1. OrderOfOut

OrderOfOut

Every time I build an asset bundle group and try to compile, I get this error:
    error: Callback provided streaming assets file conflicts with file already present in project. Project file 'StreamingAssets/aa/catalog.json'. Callback provided file 'Library/com.unity.addressables/aa/Android/catalog.json'.

Sometimes I can fix it by cleaning the addressables build cache and NOT rebuilding it, but this is an awkward pipeline that did not happen in Unity 2020.

EDIT: This is happening, it seems, for *everything* in that folder.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  2. pillakirsten

pillakirsten

Unity Technologies

Hi @OrderOfOut what Unity 2021 version and Addressables version are you using? Addressables has a custom PlayerBuildProcessor (AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs) that uses a different code path for Unity 2021.2+.

3. jawaadsheikh

jawaadsheikh

I have just hit this issue as well. I just upgraded my project from Unity 2020.3.19 to 2022.1.5 because of the iAP update from Google Play.

I was using Addressables 1.20 and just upgraded to 1.20.5

I understand that it looks like the path has changed. I'm assuming I need to delete some of these duplicate files but am unsure which ones to delete and am hesitant to guess. If you know which ones to delete I'd appreciate letting me know.

4. jawaadsheikh

jawaadsheikh

Figured it out: Deleting the Library/com.unity/addressables/aa folder solved the issue