Search Unity

Bug AddressablesGroupWindow missing styles in 2022.3.1

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by CDF, Jun 7, 2023.

1. CDF

CDF

After upgrading to 2022.3.1, missing style errors are output opening the groups window

Code (CSharp):
    1. Missing built-in guistyle ToolbarSeachCancelButtonEmpty
    2. Missing built-in guistyle ToolbarSeachCancelButton
    3. Missing built-in guistyle ToolbarSeachTextFieldPopup
    Search bar is now missing as a result:
    groupsWindow.png

2. brunopg

brunopg

Looks like they shot themselves in the foot. The typo has been fixed as a breaking change. It's now "Search", not "Seach".

ageana, emredesu, Smireles and 4 others like this.
  3. kloot

kloot

Oops :D
    Let's hope these packages gets updated ASAP...

4. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Ah - yes, we'll get on that. Thanks for the heads up.

5. kloot

kloot

Cool, the Input System package has the same problem - throws a warning rather than an error tho.

emredesu likes this.
  6. antonovdv

antonovdv

The new version 2022.3.2f1 has already been released, but there are no fixes. Can you please provide the ticket number to track issue?

7. kloot

kloot

I suspect it's the Addressables and Input System packages (among others) that needs to be updated rather than the Unity editor itself.

CDF likes this.
  8. JairZop

JairZop

Search bar is apparently not missing (since if I click next to the Build dropdown, I can type and addressables are filtered as I type), but rather the buttons or references to the buttons that are part of the Addressables Group window are missing from the addressables packages as indicated by kloot above. Hopefully I'm not pointing out the obvious here. I'm running unity editor 2022.3.2f1

9. melxnie89

melxnie89

Hi,
    I was just wondering if there are any workarounds anybody has found? Am very new to unity and doing the 'loading and unloading a 360 video' tutorial, I guess maybe running an older editor? I do apologise if this is a silly question, please feel free to ignore if so!

Attached Files:

10. MarcoSydea

MarcoSydea

I encountered this bug too. :(

melxnie89 likes this.
  11. james_work

james_work

Same on 2022.3.3f1.

The search bar still exists, it's just not visible.
    The little arrow dropdown thing on the left also is still there, as you can click it if you know where it should be...

Would be nice to have a fix but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    layker90524 likes this.
  12. ByteStormGmbH

ByteStormGmbH

In 2023.1.2.f1 we have the same problem. I think the bug is present in all versions.

13. tkdqja216

tkdqja216

2022.3.2f1 LTS same problem

14. unity_byuGjEKqHFtcaw

unity_byuGjEKqHFtcaw

2022.3.4f1 LTS same problem

15. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

In unity 2023.1.1 I get this error. However, it only happens one I open the window for the asset store plugin 'advanced player prefs'. So there must be something in that window popup that is causing it. You can use that as a reference when trying to fix the issue.

private GUIStyle ToolbarSeachTextFieldPopup { get { return GetStyle("ToolbarSeachTextFieldPopup"); } }
    private GUIStyle ToolbarSeachCancelButton { get { return GetStyle("ToolbarSeachCancelButton"); } }

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
  16. OhNoCringe

OhNoCringe

When this will be fixed?

Kirayshen and kloot like this.
  17. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

As of this week we now find that this change has backported into newly release URP 2021.3.28
    however, it was only changed URP and not changed in HDRP for the same Unity version.

ToolbarSeach

changed into

ToolbarSearch

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
  18. jRocket

jRocket

Any updates? This was reported here a month ago.

19. pillakirsten

pillakirsten

Unity Technologies

Hi all thanks for your patience! This will be fixed in the next Addressables package release (1.21.15).

20. kloot

kloot

Nice, do you know if the fix for the Input System package is due soon to? The "Listen" button is (almost) non visible at the moment.

21. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

For Advanced Player Prefs, I just changed all of the 'Seach' to 'Search'. I just added in the 'R' inn the scripts. It seems to work. Has anyone else tried that?

22. NachoTP

NachoTP

Hello, I have the same errors, but in addition the "Build" menu option does not work, the dropdown menu does not show up and the console displays a "Null reference" error, apparently some function returns a null and the code does not check for that before using it (I tried to add a m != null on the conditional but the code auto-reverts on compilation). Am I the only one with this problem?
    This started happening after updating from unity 2020 to 2021 or 2022 (both have the same problem)

unityerroraddressables1.png unityerroraddressables2.png

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    ageana likes this.
  23. AySaduke

AySaduke

Hello, faced the same problem. Don't know how to fix it
    Any movement?

24. oncoremarco

oncoremarco

I also have this issue. Do we have a timeframe on when it can be fixed?

25. AySaduke

AySaduke

Maybe Someone know how to fix it? has anyone figured out where in the scripts to replace the code?
    Thanks in advance!

26. CDF

CDF

I suspect it's already been fixed internally, just going through the long process of publishing.
    The input system has it fixed already too, but again. Has to go through all that approval process

RunanYe likes this.
  27. MoonMoritz

MoonMoritz

This issue, after a build, keeps the project broken (i.e. "Pause on Error" is triggered by this). Even if the report window is not even open. Even after restarting the Editor.

I'll roll my own custom Addressables package until then. But... wow, seriously? As if Addressables weren't janky enough as they are... this is a class of error that, given (again) that it even trips "Pause on Error", would have been trivial to show up in any automated tests for the Addressables package and editor tooling.

I guess there aren't that many, after all.

28. jRocket

jRocket

When will 1.21.15 be released?

29. appreal_abk

appreal_abk

is there any work around. Also could not take Addressable build.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
  30. ageana

ageana

Having the same issue, @pillakirsten when will 1.21.15 be released?

31. choijaeyoung

choijaeyoung

Closing the window for Addressable Groups or anything with Addressable on it seem to make these error not appear, but it would be great if 1.21.15 version can fix this issue soon.

32. RunanYe

RunanYe

Is it a freaking joke...Not even fixed in 1.21.14? Do your job Unity

33. wechat_os_Qy0xDfW7_FXo5lVaICGD12FD8

wechat_os_Qy0xDfW7_FXo5lVaICGD12FD8

same issue, when will the 1.21.15 be released?

34. MatrixNew

MatrixNew

2022.3.6f1 (1.21.14) same problem

35. ShawnBlackX

ShawnBlackX

From 2022.3.1 to 2022.3.6, this bug is still not fixed, what a "Long Term Support".

36. CDF

CDF

It’s not a Unity engine issue. It’s an addressable package issue. And one that should be a few lines of code change.

it’s getting a bit ridiculous though that it’s still not fixed for almost 2 months now

OhNoCringe and Qriva like this.
  37. John_Leorid

John_Leorid

I really wonder what the organization looks internally. In my mind, packages where there to provide more modularity, which also allows for things like hotfixes. If there is an issue, just go to the main branch (where the main version isn't updated yet, as this is happening in an update branch), make the fix, quickly test it in the editor, commit, release.

But I guess if this would be possible, they would just do it. In reality we see "this will be fixed in 2 Versions ahead", which means, that they must have some schedule going on, with validation, QA. But when there is QA that tests things for months, how can such errors slip through all the time? In 2021 we had an LTS Version with completely broken List-Views for example. Any kind of manual testing should have revealed that.

There are signs that lengthy tests are happening, yet also signs that tests are automated only. Makes no sense to me.

38. CuteRogue

CuteRogue

so when that 1.21.15 will be released?

39. Cloudwalker_

Cloudwalker_

Updated from 2021.3.19 to 2021.3.29 and this started happening. Addressable version didn't change. v1.19.19 before and after.

40. JasonFPL

JasonFPL

A month has passed since this message and still no 1.21.15 version.

41. Secie

Secie

I'm using Addressables 1.21.15, this problem still exists.

42. jRocket

jRocket

I can confirm this still happens in 1.21.15
    upload_2023-8-9_10-27-26.png

43. CDF

CDF

Please no. Not another 2 months

101lvk.jpg

44. sayantanbasu29

sayantanbasu29

Please fix this ASAP.

45. Hank1001

Hank1001

This bug still exists !!!
    Unity Editor 2022.3.3f1c1 + Addressables 1.21.15

46. Shii

Shii

For now as a workaround I moved folder com.unity.addressables@1.21.15 from ProjectName\Library\PackageCache to folder ProjectName\Packages then edited two files AddressableAssetsSettingsGroupEditor.cs and AddressableAssetsSettingsLabelMaskPopup.cs in folder ProjectName\Packages\com.unity.addressables@1.21.15\Editor\GUI
    Find these code blocks:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_2023_2_OR_NEWER
    2.                 m_SearchStyles.Add(GetStyle("ToolbarSearchTextFieldPopup")); //GetStyle("ToolbarSearchTextField");
    3.                 m_SearchStyles.Add(GetStyle("ToolbarSearchCancelButton"));
    4.                 m_SearchStyles.Add(GetStyle("ToolbarSearchCancelButtonEmpty"));
    5. #else
    6.                 m_SearchStyles.Add(GetStyle("ToolbarSeachTextFieldPopup")); //GetStyle("ToolbarSearchTextField");
    7.                 m_SearchStyles.Add(GetStyle("ToolbarSeachCancelButton"));
    8.                 m_SearchStyles.Add(GetStyle("ToolbarSeachCancelButtonEmpty"));
    9. #endif
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_2023_2_OR_NEWER
    2.             m_SearchStyles.Add(AddressablesGUIUtility.GetStyle("ToolbarSearchTextField")); //GetStyle("ToolbarSearchTextField");
    3.             m_SearchStyles.Add(AddressablesGUIUtility.GetStyle("ToolbarSearchCancelButton"));
    4.             m_SearchStyles.Add(AddressablesGUIUtility.GetStyle("ToolbarSearchCancelButtonEmpty"));
    5. #else
    6.             m_SearchStyles.Add(AddressablesGUIUtility.GetStyle("ToolbarSeachTextField")); //GetStyle("ToolbarSearchTextField");
    7.             m_SearchStyles.Add(AddressablesGUIUtility.GetStyle("ToolbarSeachCancelButton"));
    8.             m_SearchStyles.Add(AddressablesGUIUtility.GetStyle("ToolbarSeachCancelButtonEmpty"));
    9. #endif
    Then swap define to UNITY_2022_3_OR_NEWER
    Addressables 1.21.15 in Unity 2022.3.6f1 won't spam errors in console anymore.

47. Rinaf

Rinaf

I just installed Addressables 1.21.15 on a fresh Unity 2022.3.7f1 and getting this issue. Seems like it is not fixed.

sampenguin likes this.
  48. mons00n

mons00n

Just adding that 1.21.15 still outputs the following errors on 2021.3.x:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Missing built-in guistyle ToolbarSeachTextFieldPopup
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)
    3. Missing built-in guistyle ToolbarSeachCancelButton
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)
    5. Missing built-in guistyle ToolbarSeachCancelButtonEmpty
    6. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

49. choijaeyoung

choijaeyoung

Not fixed on 1.12.15 while using 2022.3.5f1 version of Unity. The changelog seemed to indicate that this was fixed, when it wasn't.

50. phuongdmp7

phuongdmp7

I use 1.12.15 but the problem still exists