Search Unity

Official Addressables Roadmap and Idea Submission

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by davidla_unity, Aug 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey all,

I just wanted to post about this since I only just learned about it a bit ago myself. The Pipeline Integrations Roadmap! (As a side note, there are several different organizations' roadmaps you can explore here)

The main thing I wanted to callout here is the actual Addressables section. In the Roadmap view, there's a tab called Runtime Asset Management. That's us! We might rename it to actually say Addressables, but this is what we've got right now.

Since several of us didn't even know that it existed, we haven't advertised it much and so haven't really been able to take advantage of it. You can see a few things we've released, as well as some of our current work that we're far enough along in to feel comfortable sharing.

But, what I think is the most important: the idea submission feature. You can use this to submit different ideas/features for Addressables. Submitting ideas here gives us a centralized location to keep all of the idea submissions from you.

I hope tools like this will help give more transparency into what we're doing and show that we're listening to feedback. If it doesn't do that, we'll adjust our process and tool usage.

Thanks, everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.