Search Unity

Feedback Addressables parameter vernaculars in the docs does not match CCD docs

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by darashayda, Sep 25, 2021.

1. darashayda

darashayda

While my vote is for CCD docs and tools like Onboarding , the staff need to be aware the Addressables slim and reticent documentation reads quite different.

Sample codes are quite difficult to convert to CCN sample projects and code.

Dara

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Thanks for pointing this out and it's something we are actively working through to improve the overall documentation across Addressables/CCD as an end-to-end solution, rather than documenting each component separately.

ferretnt likes this.
  3. darashayda

darashayda

We are planning to open some of our complete games to our junior trainees to give them hands on training for some of the advanced topics in Unity.

I would say that Unity investment in documentation would not pay off!

We are working with small teams of amazing young Unity developers from Cambodia and China to South America to Russia and just started in Nigeria ... and have a good perspective of what their needs are and what they can accomplish with meagre means. I do not see the vision at Unity's side.

Thinking aloud, not a proposal, we can offer:

1. Build a huge number of buckets with fairly unusual and interesting assets

2. Some relevant games (FREE) with base code in: Unity's new Input System+ Unity's FPS+TPS (masterpieces)+Cinemachine+ CCD now that I learned the goodness of CCD.

3. Our junior staff would provide the RELEVANT documentation for IMMEDIATE and WELL-RETAINED learning. Let these kids do the documentation and tutorials.

4. These games are in a format we call Micro-World, they are single scene tiny but really functional and beautiful games and given the CCD's capabilities we can allow these trainees to connect their micro-worlds together just the way Arturo organized this game.

5. In cooperation with Wolfram Research Inc. we can issue Free Form interface into a vast Computational Geometry engine straight from C# code, practically a couple of lines to get exotic 3D structures + Geography and Cartography and 3D anatomy. This interface will allow the junior developers to acquire advanced custom 3D structures otherwise quite difficult to code in C#. I posted some samples in an earlier post last week

Note that other than Arturo's game I could not get any of the official Unity games to work and even the Support gave up on them. So any promise of Unity released complete game projects is not within the realm of believables.

So let's see how we can cooperate for better development ecosystem for all of us.

Certainly CCD opens a huge new horizon for what we are doing, but requires team work at both our ends and old school documentation would not suffice.

Dara