Search Unity

Bug Addressables is mixing up Addresses in local group

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Xarbrough, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Recently, we've been having trouble with a lot if invalid keys when loading assets via Addressables. Today, I noticed, that the default local group setup is completely garbled and I have no clue how this could have happened other than Addressables is randomly changing the Address for some assets. Please take a close look at the highlighted entries:

AssetGroups_StrangeMixup.png

I'm the only developer on the team maintaining this group (I've checked with version control). The only thing I ever do is either drag and drop new assets to the list and then select "Simplify Addressable Names" to make the Address shorter than the path. You can see how this looks correct for a lot of entries and then there are the music entries where I forgot to simplify the name, but it shouldn't matter. However, in many cases, the Address suddenly shows the Address of a different asset altogether. This is nothing that I could have produced by accident since I never rename them manually.

As a test, I simplified one of the correct assets "Music_Ingame_02" to make its name shorter:

AssetGroups_StrangeMixup3.png

We can see the rename in version control. However, there are also a dozen other lines changed for m_MainAsset and m_TargetAsset, which I cannot explain. I didn't touch anything but a single name.

Next, I took a look at the version control history for the "Default Local Group.asset" and found, that although I was the only developer editing the file, there is a lot of noise and strange restructuring going on, even guids changing:

AssetGroups_StrangeMixup2.png

What's going on here?

I need to fix this manually as quickly as possible and hope that it doesn't screw the project up again in the next few days before our next project milestone. So, no time for me to reproduce this and report it as a bug in the next days. I'm in a pretty bad mood, please send good news and cookies!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I can't promise cookies, but I'll circulate this with the team and pass along any news they have to share! Which version of Addressables are you using?

Xarbrough likes this.
  3. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Thanks! Unity 2019.3.8f1 and Addressables 1.9.2.

PS: The issue happened again today, so it's really more than a fluke. I can't tell what is causing it or when exactly it happens, but suddenly I noticed that some of the addresses and paths were swapped again. Today I deleted my library once more and the incorrect entries are fixed at least temporarily after reimporting.

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I know you said you don't have a lot of time for it, but after speaking with the team it was advised you submit a bug report if you can - it'll better help them narrow down this bug: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting